Author Topic: Test Drive: 2013 Acura RDX  (Read 3307 times)

Offline Autos_Editor

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +91/-560
    • View Profile
Test Drive: 2013 Acura RDX
« on: October 18, 2012, 06:05:17 am »

"This new RDX is closer to the middle ground that the majority of buyers want" than its predecessor, says Grant Yoxon.

Read More...

Offline carcrazed

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +39/-88
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Forester Touring; 2009 Civic EX-L
Re: Test Drive: 2013 Acura RDX
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 10:56:03 am »
It's only an inch longer than the previous model? It felt like it was much longer than that for some reason. 

I'm disappointed that Acura decided to not offer blind spot monitoring feature even on the tech package that somehow includes power hatch.. maybe next model year?

Offline cruzzer

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +6/-22
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 01:04:31 pm »
Great early fuel number from the 3.5 litre V6. The price isn't too bad either considering some of the small crossovers in the group comparo were around the same (albeit with long lists of options).

Offline cloud7

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2012, 03:40:31 pm »
It is a little disappointing that Acura decided against the SH-AWD... yes, AWD that is in this car is more compact, lighter, uses less fuel, but most importantly it is a cost saving thing for Acura to not put it in the RDX.  The RDX will now use the same AWD system as the Honda CRV  ???

Offline seale

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +3/-0
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Santa Fe Sport 2L turbo AWD
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2012, 04:00:27 pm »

I love the look of this vehicle. I would buy this way before a fully loaded Escape, VW or CRV etc. that can come very close to the base price of the Acura.

I can't afford it but to me it really hits the sweet spot in the SUV market-you pay alot more for something significantly better and for less money you simply get less.

Offline Think123

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +7/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2012, 10:23:18 pm »
I remember the RDX being shown at the Calgary Auto Show back in March - on a spinning show pedestal right across the aisle from the exotics (Ferraris, Maseratis etc.).  In the roughly half hour I spent there (my buddy has an F430 Scuderia so he likes talk shop with like minded, and deep pocketed, individuals) I did not see one single person stop and look at this brand new vehicle.  Having seen half a dozen now I am convinced this is the most boring looking vehicle on the road and it wasn't just my perception of looking south at beauty at the car show and then looking north and unfairly comparing.  It is just plain dull even amongst all the regular traffic on the road.  At least the old Acura beak started a discussion - good or more often ugh - but the looks of this is like discussing the merits of vanilla ice cream.  Reliable, yes.  Good value, seems so.  Resale, probably still great but would I turn around and look at it after parking it for the night?  Nope.  Too bad because this is exactly the sort of vehicle my wife and I are shopping for right now.

Offline JRM

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +22/-94
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 VW Passat TSI, 2004 Pontiac Vibe AWD
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2012, 10:05:50 am »
The styling of the RDX may be a bit bland, but I like the look much better than the CRV with that awkward looking bustle butt rear end.

Offline vaff3

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +3/-5
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 Honda Accord, 2001 Acura MDX
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2012, 08:57:29 am »
With Acura and Mazda both abandoning the turbo 4's in their CUV, I wonder how long before Ford and others who are going with small displacement turbos come to the same conclusion.