Author Topic: Love Powerful Wagons?  (Read 3428 times)

Offline Autos_Editor

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +91/-560
    • View Profile
Love Powerful Wagons?
« on: January 10, 2013, 09:58:52 am »

Mercedes-Benz has released a new E 63 AMG S-Model for both the Sedan and Estate (Wagon) with an output of 585 hp, 590 lb-ft of torque and featuring a newly developed performance-oriented AMG 4MATIC all-wheel-drive system.

Read More...

Online OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +254/-768
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
Re: Love Powerful Wagons?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 10:03:00 am »
RIP RWD :(

Northernridge

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 10:13:20 am »
I'm not sold yet on the new E Class front end design.

And why can't the AMG 'S' be 'Black Series' like on other models? Black Series sounds way better.

I can imagine driving an AMG E63 Black Series wagon...

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 10:20:33 am »
If I had money leaking from my pockets I'd be putting my name on a list for the E 63 AMG 4MATIC S-Model Estate in white right now. This is so :censor: hot!

Max. torque 590 lb-ft at 1750-5000 rpm :drool:

Offline aaronk

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +45/-38
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 10:25:51 am »

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2013, 10:30:09 am »
I must be getting old....I'd rather have the basic E-class 4-matic wagon and several pockets full of change
The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution.

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +187/-377
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Jaguar XJR-L
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2013, 10:32:05 am »
it is still heavily RWD biased, and I am sure it can put 100% to the rears if warranted. The AWD is an option, not a requirement nevertheless. All that torque going to the rear wheels of a power wagon that might see inclement weather on its trips was always a crazy idea to me. At least with the AWD system you get some planted-ness as well as better off the line traction. Win win I say.
If driving an Alfa does not restore vitality to your soul, then just pass the hospital and park at the morgue to save everyone time.

Now drives a Jaaaaaaag...and thus will not pay for anything during an outing...but it is OK, because....I drive a Jaaaaaag.

Northernridge

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2013, 10:46:48 am »
I must be getting old....I'd rather have the basic E-class 4-matic wagon and several pockets full of change

If the road to my cottage was paved I would be driving an E350 wagon instead of sedan. I'd rather not associate this with old age.  ;)

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2013, 10:59:55 am »
If the road to my cottage was paved I would be driving an E350 wagon instead of sedan.

That didn't make any sense....How does the sedan handle the road better than the wagon?

Northernridge

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2013, 11:07:15 am »
If the road to my cottage was paved I would be driving an E350 wagon instead of sedan.

That didn't make any sense....How does the sedan handle the road better than the wagon?

Oops, I'm an idiot. I'll try to do better.

I meant to say that I won't take any FGC down 50km of terrible gravel road (it's like a forestry road) so we drive the pickup. Therefore I don't need a wagon...which would be a great daily driver AND a perfect cottage vehicle.

If I could take the car to the cottage I would have selected the wagon over the sedan.

Online OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +254/-768
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2013, 01:43:07 pm »
it is still heavily RWD biased, and I am sure it can put 100% to the rears if warranted. The AWD is an option, not a requirement nevertheless. All that torque going to the rear wheels of a power wagon that might see inclement weather on its trips was always a crazy idea to me. At least with the AWD system you get some planted-ness as well as better off the line traction. Win win I say.

Apparently AWD is a requirement in North America.

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2013, 02:43:51 pm »

I meant to say that I won't take any FGC down 50km of terrible gravel road (it's like a forestry road) so we drive the pickup. Therefore I don't need a wagon...which would be a great daily driver AND a perfect cottage vehicle.

If I could take the car to the cottage I would have selected the wagon over the sedan.

Now that makes a lot of sense.

Offline redman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +100/-298
  • Make mine a flat white, triple shot.
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2010 Subaru Legacy Limited, 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT son's
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2013, 02:58:37 pm »
I'll take one in matte grey with black over chrome. Only seen sedans that way. Would be over the top on a top wagon though.

Past New (8yrs) Car Dealer for : BMW, Lexus, Nissan and Toyota<br />Past Used Vehicle Dealer: All Makes and Models. Seen a lot of it. Drove a lot of it. <br />Four-stroke Otto Engine 1876. Modern timer, pop-up toaster 1919 keep convincing yourself that you have the "latest appliance".

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2013, 03:06:03 pm »

When we had a cottage it was on a paved road...I attempt not to drive either my FGC or mrs tpl's Fit on gravel roads.