Author Topic: Used Vehicle Review: GM Acadia/Enclave/Outlook/Traverse  (Read 5406 times)

Offline Autos_Editor

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +91/-560
    • View Profile
Used Vehicle Review: GM Acadia/Enclave/Outlook/Traverse
« on: August 29, 2013, 06:27:11 am »

Last-generation Lambda utes are loved for comfort and flexibility, but watch the timing chains.

Read More...

Offline sacrat

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +21/-64
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2018 Ford Escape Titanium; 2014 Ford Fusion Titanium AWD;2014 Hyundai Elantra GL ; 2012 Infiniti G37X
Re: Used Vehicle Review: GM Acadia/Enclave/Outlook/Traverse
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 12:02:08 pm »
I've always thought that the Enclave was a looker both in and out. If I needed that much space it would definitely be on my shopping list
Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Northernridge

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 12:18:06 pm »
Rented these many times (as seen on the transcanada hwy between Regina and Winnipeg) and think they are excellent 4-season minivan alternatives.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1423/-2113
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 12:27:10 pm »
The neighbor has an Enclave...good looking thing, very comfortable and she hasnt had any problems with it.....if youre looking for a lot of space and comfort, hard to beat.
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +289/-388
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 12 Mazda 5 GT 6MT
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2013, 12:49:21 pm »
Enclave is still high on my people hauler list. Sexy as hell, classy. Doesn't have the versatility of a minivan but who cares I'm balling.

Offline PJungnitsch

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +169/-337
    • View Profile
    • Travel in Africa
  • Cars: Subaru Crosstrek, Lexus RX350, Evolve Carbon, Biktrix Juggernaut, Yamaha TW200
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2013, 01:37:52 pm »
A buddy has had one for awhile and it has been troublesome with suspension and sensor issues. Doesn't look like he's alone:

http://www.truedelta.com/GMC-Acadia/problems-731

As sexy as they look I think I'd stick with a Tahoe/Yukon.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2013, 01:39:37 pm »
A buddy has had one for awhile and it has been troublesome with suspension and sensor issues. Doesn't look like he's alone:

Same neighbor with the Enclave backed into a pole....even with a backup camera and backup sensors....sensor failure??  ;D Im with you, the Tahoe is much more up my alley when it comes to SUVs, but these are not a bad choice at all.

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +289/-388
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 12 Mazda 5 GT 6MT
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2013, 01:41:56 pm »

Easy to say with gas at a $1.14 a litre for you guys.

Not so much with gas at a $1.45 a litre in Vancouver.

Never really liked the Acadia, no soul in that design. The Traverse just looks like a tub of lard. The Outlook is not too bad. But the Enclave is the one I want.

Northernridge

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2013, 03:47:52 pm »

Same neighbor with the Enclave backed into a pole....even with a backup camera and backup sensors....sensor failure??  ;D Im with you, the Tahoe is much more up my alley when it comes to SUVs, but these are not a bad choice at all.

You guys can have your little Tahoe playthings...Suburbans are for grownups.  ;)

Offline revalations

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +101/-327
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Chrysler Lebaron
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2013, 03:49:12 pm »
I rented an Acadia in Virginia. Was a nice highway cruiser, but for family duty for me I'd rather have a Tahoe or Yukon. Trust me, the fuel mileage is very close between the two.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2013, 03:55:49 pm »

You guys can have your little Tahoe playthings...Suburbans are for grownups.  ;)

I always said Id be interested in the Burb when they offer the 3/4 ton with the Duramax/Allison combo.

Offline PJungnitsch

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +169/-337
    • View Profile
    • Travel in Africa
  • Cars: Subaru Crosstrek, Lexus RX350, Evolve Carbon, Biktrix Juggernaut, Yamaha TW200
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2013, 03:57:16 pm »
The other nice thing about the Tahoe/Yukon is serviceabilty. My brother was showing me the engine in his, and he was positively gleeful, "Look how much room there is around it!". Compact and tidily packaged V8 in a big engine bay.

Offline mixmanmash

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +103/-326
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 Honda Odyssey Touring; 1993 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 1990 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 2009 Nissan Rogue S AWD (wife's); 2002 Mazda Protege ES-GT (retired)
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2013, 05:49:32 pm »

I always said Id be interested in the Burb when they offer the 3/4 ton with the Duramax/Allison combo.

Agreed, but with one change.  I'd consider a half ton with a smaller diesel  - something around the 4 to 5L mark.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2013, 05:58:26 pm »

Agreed, but with one change.  I'd consider a half ton with a smaller diesel  - something around the 4 to 5L mark.

Im with ya, the problem is that the Suburban with the 5.3, with a full load of passengers and maybe a small trailer isnt exactly overpowered, so a diesel wouldnt be a bad idea. The 3/4 ton with the 6L has decent power, but let me tell ya, fuel economy.....oh the humanity.