Author Topic: Mazda TAKERI concept with SkyActiv-D to debut in New York  (Read 3861 times)

Offline Autos_Editor

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +91/-560
    • View Profile
Mazda TAKERI concept with SkyActiv-D to debut in New York
« on: March 29, 2012, 09:22:36 am »

Mazda North American Operations (MNAO) today announced the TAKERI Concept will make its North American debut at the upcoming New York International Auto Show.

Read More...

Offline theonlydt

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +12/-16
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2012 Mazda 5 GS with the right gearbox (6spd)
Re: Mazda TAKERI concept with SkyActiv-D to debut in New York
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 04:01:42 pm »
Takeri is the first Mazda concept vehicle to feature a SkyActiv-D 2.2-litre clean diesel engine

In North America yes - certainly not in Europe where the CX-5 is already available with this engine.

Offline Factger

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +6/-6
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2018 Sportwagen 4 motion 2018 Ford Edge 2013 Ford Focus SE (5 Speed Man.)
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 04:43:19 pm »

This version one would also be interesting. The Mazda 6 wagon was a nice vehicle. I hope they do bring it back.

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +289/-388
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 12 Mazda 5 GT 6MT
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 05:27:11 pm »
Sigh, awesome wagons we will never get...

Offline Angry Chicken

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +131/-157
  • Don't get Clucky Angry!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: drei Deutsche
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2012, 06:31:09 pm »
Sigh, awesome wagons we will never get...
Agreed.  The wife got her Audi Q5 but I would have been just as happy (well, actually happier) had she settled on an A4 Avant instead.  CUVs, even one as pretty as the Q5, don't do it for me.....

I like the new Mazdas.  Hopefully this design language will find its way into the Mazda6 and will boost its moribund sales.  I would love to see a wagon or hatch version of the new Mazda6, both of which were dropped with the current model.  I'm wondering if this lack of choice has affected the sales.

Offline D70

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +13/-153
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 1990 Mazda Miata
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2012, 08:49:42 am »
Sales will depend on pricing, diesels cost more, but great for those who rack up the ks

My first and only diesel owned for 13 years and 250,000km

http://www.flickr.com/photos/d70w7/5726836572/

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2012, 02:02:01 pm »
I am one of those who would benefit from Skyactiv-D. My wife and I cut down our driving compared to a couple of years ago but still put 28,000km on our vehicle the past year, and according to Fuelly I've spent $3,170 in fuel.  :o

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2012, 12:09:11 pm »
Mazda Canada has stated a couple of times that a diesel version of the CX-5 is coming in the next year or two. If sales take off, it could be a catalyst to bring more SkyActiv-D models to North America.

Offline redman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +100/-298
  • Make mine a flat white, triple shot.
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2010 Subaru Legacy Limited, 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT son's
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2012, 01:20:45 pm »
Diesel comes down to the up price over a reg gas engine. The diesel up charge some how becomes over bloated in North America. Something like 4+ over, compared to what Europe or others pay. I can accept the European up charge of $900 bucks more considering the beefed up engine components but anything over that no longer makes diesel viable as a fuel saver. It's clear that manufactures like Audi are trying to push diesel acceptance beyond fuel economy. I find that it will be fruitless attempt in N.A. as the typical consumer here will only see other advantages as a bonus, focusing on the fuel saving benefit first and foremost.
Past New (8yrs) Car Dealer for : BMW, Lexus, Nissan and Toyota<br />Past Used Vehicle Dealer: All Makes and Models. Seen a lot of it. Drove a lot of it. <br />Four-stroke Otto Engine 1876. Modern timer, pop-up toaster 1919 keep convincing yourself that you have the "latest appliance".