Author Topic: Open Question on the Future of the Forum  (Read 17016 times)

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
Re: Open Question on the Future of the Forum
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2016, 07:26:50 pm »
I did see on FB that Jonathan went to Auto Guide
SirAqua i believe is now out west & works for GM

Doesn't make sense to me either why Auto Trader group would have two separate auto related sites, but i'm not in Marketing (thank god)
Interesting. Looks like where ever Mike Schlee leaves someone on Autos.ca moves into his old spot. Incestuous bunch. :-D
Railton
Was Mike at Auto guide ?,

Offline Railton

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +243/-156
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Infiniti QX60 Touring, 2010 Infiniti G37S 6M, 2020 Hyundai Kona 1.6T Trend
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2016, 07:41:58 pm »

Doesn't make sense to me either why Auto Trader group would have two separate auto related sites, but i'm not in Marketing (thank god)
Interesting. Looks like where ever Mike Schlee leaves someone on Autos.ca moves into his old spot. Incestuous bunch. :-D
Railton
AutoFocus - James (Wing)
Trader/Autos.ca/Standup – Jacob
Auto Guide – Jonathan
Mike Schlee leaves Auto guide for Subaru and Jonathan takes his place at Auto Guide.
Railton
Do you realize that in about 30 (updated as requested) years, we'll have millions of old ladies running around with tattoos?

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2016, 07:51:58 pm »

Railton
AutoFocus - James (Wing)
Trader/Autos.ca/Standup – Jacob
Auto Guide – Jonathan
Mike Schlee leaves Auto guide for Subaru and Jonathan takes his place at Auto Guide.
Railton

Do you realize that in about 30 (updated as requested) years, we'll have millions of old ladies running around with tattoos? :rofl2: :thumbup:

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +774/-2131
  • This forum is making me almost as bitter as SirO
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '23 Mazda CX-50 Turbo; '11 Fozzie XT
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2016, 08:46:18 am »
Jonathan left auto trader he moved to autoguide ?

Is that a question or a statement?  He's a moderator on this section.
Both.   He left.   I think he went to autoguide  it was a big secret.

I should remove his moderator privilege
Left without saying goodbye   :o
What no-San do  ??? But he has not been on in a month , maybe Jonathan has him caring his bags ?
Left?  No.  Hiatus?  Kinda.

In the past month, I've packed up the place in Guelph, moved everything to Ottawa, had a last minute interview in Ottawa, got the job, had my now old boss try to force me to resign because I went for the interview, got the new job in Ottawa, left my old job with two days' notice thanks to the old boss's stupidity, got married, went to French Polynesia, moved totally to Ottawa, started a new job, and just last night finished setting up the new condo.

Ottawa folks, time for a beer!

Offline wing

• Big Wig
  • Administrator
  • Carma: +279/-320
  • If you ain't first ... you're last!
    • View Profile
    • Drivesideways
  • Cars: 2009 Lexus ISF, 2009 Lexus LX570,2011 Audi A5 Touring Car
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2016, 08:54:56 am »
congrats!

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2016, 09:32:40 am »

In the past month, I've packed up the place in Guelph, moved everything to Ottawa, had a last minute interview in Ottawa, got the job, had my now old boss try to force me to resign because I went for the interview, got the new job in Ottawa, left my old job with two days' notice thanks to the old boss's stupidity, got married, went to French Polynesia, moved totally to Ottawa, started a new job, and just last night finished setting up the new condo.

Jeeze, what are you going to do for an encore? :o ;D

Congratulations No-san!
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken

Offline JacobBlack

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +440/-499
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Ford F-150
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2016, 09:33:36 am »
RE: Jonathan

Jonathan did indeed leave for some other mob... he didn't replace Schlee though, his new role is above what Schlee's was. Someone else replaced Schlee.
He didn't want to do a post because Jonathan genuinely hates attention.
I removed him as a system admin but didn't drill down into the board level permissions. Woops. I will.
I am only an interim boss. The next phase of how all this works out is still shaking out. You can expect a more concrete announcement in the next fortnight I think.

RE: This site and Trader...

It's no secret lots of content is going to autoTRADER.ca and will continue to do so. The amount and type of content published there is likely to grow.
For now, and at least for a little while to come, Autos.ca will remain largely the same. The forum will continue to exist (and hopefully to grow!)  but you will likely see more autoTRADER.ca content linked to in threads here and some cross-promotion. 
This business is complicated and competitive with many, many stakeholders for us to consider, including you guys.
So there's a lot for us to shake out over the next little while. Please bear with us as we work through everything.
But you can rest assured that this forum and its inhabitants are not going to be abandoned or forgotten about.

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2016, 09:37:42 am »

What no-San do  ??? But he has not been on in a month , maybe Jonathan has him caring his bags ?

:cheers:

Offline Mike

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +172/-99
  • Lurker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: A Beater and an Ascent
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2016, 09:38:49 am »

Jonathan did indeed leave for some other mob... he didn't replace Schlee though, his new role is above what Schlee's was. Someone else replaced Schlee.
I removed him as a system admin but didn't drill down into the board level permissions. Woops. I will.
I am only an interim boss. The next phase of how all this works out is still shaking out. You can expect a more concrete announcement in the next fortnight I think.

It's no secret lots of content is going to autoTRADER.ca and will continue to do so. The amount and type of content published there is likely to grow.
For now, and at least for a little while to come, Autos.ca will remain largely the same. The forum will continue to exist (and hopefully to grow!)  but you will likely see more autoTRADER.ca content linked to in threads here and some cross-promotion. 
This business is complicated and competitive with many, many stakeholders for us to consider, including you guys.
So there's a lot for us to shake out over the next little while. Please bear with us as we work through everything.
But you can rest assured that this forum and its inhabitants are not going to be abandoned or forgotten about.

Yup, Jonathan is a far bigger deal than I was :D. And he's more than just AutoGuide, he's in charge of a few sites over there.

Offline 5 Wheel Drive

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +88/-20
    • View Profile
  • Cars: My Mazda fleet: 2014 CX9 GS, 2013 Mazda 3 GX, 1997 Miata
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2016, 10:09:17 am »

Congrats No-San! :cheers:

Will definitely have to do an Ottawa get together soon!
"This is no Playstation, this.  There is no reset button if you get it wrong.  You just go through the pearly gates...on fire!"   -Jeremy Clarkson

• Car Crazy
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2016, 10:13:23 am »

Thanks for the update Jacob!

;D

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1423/-2113
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2016, 10:13:49 am »

Congrats buddy!!!  :cheers: Question, how did you convince that pretty girl to marry ya??  ;D ;D  ;)
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline JacobBlack

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +440/-499
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Ford F-150
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2016, 10:16:41 am »
Congrats buddy!!!  :cheers: Question, how did you convince that pretty girl to marry ya??  ;D ;D  ;)

It was the Corolla that did it.

Offline SeaBlueS4

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +9/-8
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 S4, 2016 Forester XT, 1972 Triumph TR6
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2016, 10:17:40 am »

Congrats No-San! :cheers:

Will definitely have to do an Ottawa get together soon!

Congrats!

Please excuse the shameless promotion, but if you're looking for a car related event, one of the largest car shows is this weekend at Britannia Beach (nice spot on the Ottawa river with parks, cafe (that serves decent beer!), volleyball courts etc...

http://www.britishcarday.ca/

I'll be there with the TR6, free for visitors to attend (although parking can be an issue), so drop in if anyone is free / interested...

Offline Brig

• Brig
  • Carma: +396/-1400
  • Class Clown, Moderatrix and Resident Hag
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Mazda CX-3 GS AWD
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2016, 10:18:30 am »

Yup, Jonathan is a far bigger deal than I was :D. And he's more than just AutoGuide, he's in charge of a few sites over there.

Please send him my congrats!  Always liked JY.  He will be missed around here.

• Car Crazy
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2016, 10:20:51 am »

:rofl2: :rofl2:

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1423/-2113
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2016, 10:21:15 am »

:rofl: :rofl:

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2016, 10:22:07 am »

What is Autoguide ?  :P  Is that what replaced everyone at Wheels.ca, never read it anymore

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-516
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Honda Passport Touring, 2006 SLK 55 AMG
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2016, 10:46:31 am »

Congrats No-san!!  If your Mrs. is gonna join for a beer, then I'm free tonight... if it's just you... hmmmm, maybe next week!!   :rofl2: 

You live everyday. You only die once....

Offline wing

• Big Wig
  • Administrator
  • Carma: +279/-320
  • If you ain't first ... you're last!
    • View Profile
    • Drivesideways
  • Cars: 2009 Lexus ISF, 2009 Lexus LX570,2011 Audi A5 Touring Car
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2016, 11:34:23 am »
I'd suggest Aug 6th calabogie :)