Author Topic: The things that make me sad, angry, and upset  (Read 2312417 times)

Offline tenpenny

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +137/-305
    • View Profile
Re: The things that make me sad, angry, and upset
« Reply #2660 on: November 24, 2015, 01:46:50 pm »
[Short term Disability insurance another form of legalized  gambling

ALL insurance is a form of gambling.
My diesel car self-identifies as an electric vehicle.

Offline mlin32

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +65/-419
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Peugeot 308 GT; 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
« Reply #2661 on: November 24, 2015, 03:52:13 pm »
My job assignment in Germany comes to an end in just a few weeks. 6 months has gone by too fast; I'm happy living on this side of the ocean. I don't wanna go back.  :fall:
ø cons: Peugeot 308: Yamaha R3 [/URL]

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +381/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
« Reply #2662 on: November 24, 2015, 04:08:39 pm »
Thanks.  I'm taking the afternoon off work and driving her to an acute car clinic this afternoon so we can get a diagnosis and possibly start some treatment.

And maybe get the wife checked out when they're done.  ;D

:rofl2:

GBA, I hope the recovery is quick.
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. - Thomas Jefferson

Offline PJungnitsch

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +169/-337
    • View Profile
    • Travel in Africa
  • Cars: Subaru Crosstrek, Lexus RX350, Evolve Carbon, Biktrix Juggernaut, Yamaha TW200
« Reply #2663 on: November 24, 2015, 04:55:38 pm »
No good deed goes unpunished:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/manmeet-bhullar-alberta-mla-killed-1.3331978

Had a co-worker killed the same way a few years ago.

Offline Cord

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +104/-115
    • View Profile
« Reply #2664 on: November 24, 2015, 05:10:08 pm »

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/manmeet-bhullar-alberta-mla-killed-1.3331978

Seemed like a good guy. And only 35 ...

"If we can just believe something then we don't have to really think for ourselves, do we?" Paul Haggis

Offline goodsonr

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +18/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2665 on: November 24, 2015, 11:29:28 pm »
My BIL came to stay with my wife's Mom when we went hiking and I lent him my beater.  Just got the photo-radar ticket in the mail.  $109.00 for doing 51 km/hr in a 40 km/hr.
<rest snipped ..rg>

And now my wife got a photo-radar ticket in the same place.  I gotta admit that the city strategy is starting to work .. as the  hits on the pocket are getting noticed and I'm (reluctantly) changing my behavior.  Lets hope there isn't a 3rd in the series when her sister visits and we lend them the car as well.

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +187/-377
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Jaguar XJR-L
« Reply #2666 on: November 24, 2015, 11:47:32 pm »
My BIL came to stay with my wife's Mom when we went hiking and I lent him my beater.  Just got the photo-radar ticket in the mail.  $109.00 for doing 51 km/hr in a 40 km/hr.
<rest snipped ..rg>

And now my wife got a photo-radar ticket in the same place.  I gotta admit that the city strategy is starting to work .. as the  hits on the pocket are getting noticed and I'm (reluctantly) changing my behavior.  Lets hope there isn't a 3rd in the series when her sister visits and we lend them the car as well.

I have no problem with ticketing speeders. What I do have a problem is roads with preposterously low speed limits [a 40 zone when it clearly should be 60 etc.]

Down under, there are random radar vehicles all over the place. Speed limits are generally adhered to very tightly, as the fines are hundreds and hundreds of dollars. But....the roads for the most part are assigned sensible speed limits that make sense for what type of road it is. Wish Canada would follow suit on that.
If driving an Alfa does not restore vitality to your soul, then just pass the hospital and park at the morgue to save everyone time.

Now drives a Jaaaaaaag...and thus will not pay for anything during an outing...but it is OK, because....I drive a Jaaaaaag.

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #2667 on: November 25, 2015, 01:02:09 am »

That's very sad.
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7197
    • View Profile
« Reply #2668 on: November 25, 2015, 01:15:17 am »
Just read my e-mail.  They WON'T be paving my driveway tomorrow after all.  Hopefully next week now....
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #2669 on: November 25, 2015, 07:24:04 am »
Just read my e-mail.  They WON'T be paving my driveway tomorrow after all.  Hopefully next week now....
When does the plants close in your area ?

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +267/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
« Reply #2670 on: November 25, 2015, 10:17:29 am »
Having worked at an asphalt plant for a few years, I can say that the plant will keep producing asphalt until the first major snowfall.  i.e. when the snow covers the ground and doesn't melt on contact, that's when they shut down.

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-263
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Frontier Pro-4X, 2013 Lexus GS-350
« Reply #2671 on: November 25, 2015, 03:33:46 pm »
Water backed up through my floor drain a couple of nights ago.  I was out of town, or at least on my way when i got the call after my wife discovered water on the basement floor!  Nt much damage, but I have to pull up part of my cork flooring and replace the wet tiles.   Luckily the place I bought it still stocks the same stuff. The baseboard and drywall is dry, so that's good!

Now to find out why it backed up?  ???  :P

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #2672 on: November 25, 2015, 04:37:09 pm »
Called the Mazda dealership to make an appt to have the winters put on, and an oil change.  Didn't call my local indie mechanic, as he is a little further, and usually takes a little longer, and this is minor service anyway.  Mazda dealership said earliest appt is December 9th!  2 weeks away? For something that takes an hour at most!  Guess I will go to my local indie mechanic...

Also didn't know that dealerships don't service brands they don't sell.  Honda dealership that is right beside the Mazda dealership has serviced my van before, but they won't service the Mazda. But they have no problem selling them used....

A car is car! 

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2673 on: November 25, 2015, 04:37:19 pm »
Having worked at an asphalt plant for a few years, I can say that the plant will keep producing asphalt until the first major snowfall.  i.e. when the snow covers the ground and doesn't melt on contact, that's when they shut down.

That's somewhat what they said.  He also said not all asphalt machines have built in heaters to keep the asphalt hot.  Those companies without the built in heaters shut down earlier in the season.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2674 on: November 25, 2015, 04:37:54 pm »
Called the Mazda dealership to make an appt to have the winters put on, and an oil change.  Didn't call my local indie mechanic, as he is a little further, and usually takes a little longer, and this is minor service anyway.  Mazda dealership said earliest appt is December 9th!  2 weeks away? For something that takes an hour at most!  Guess I will go to my local indie mechanic...

Also didn't know that dealerships don't service brands they don't sell.  Honda dealership that is right beside the Mazda dealership has serviced my van before, but they won't service the Mazda. But they have no problem selling them used....

A car is car!

Can't do it yourself?

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2675 on: November 25, 2015, 04:40:45 pm »

A car is car!

Can't do it yourself?

Maybe tomorrow.  Friday lots of rain.  Saturday to Moday with a high of 4C (no thanks!)

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2676 on: November 25, 2015, 04:43:23 pm »

A car is car!

Can't do it yourself?

Maybe tomorrow.  Friday lots of rain.  Saturday to Moday with a high of 4C (no thanks!)

Don't worry about the rain.  Are you made of sugar?   ;D

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2677 on: November 25, 2015, 04:53:16 pm »

A car is car!

Can't do it yourself?

I am! Hate the rain! Would rather have a few cm of snow, then 10mm of rain!

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1423/-2113
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #2678 on: November 25, 2015, 04:54:04 pm »

A car is car!

Can't do it yourself?

I concur....I love driving in the rain, doing anything outside, hell no.
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2679 on: November 25, 2015, 04:58:08 pm »

A car is car!

Can't do it yourself?

I concur....I love driving in the rain, doing anything outside, hell no.

It's all about having the right gear.  I'd even deliberately ride my motorcycles in the rain...just because.