Author Topic: T-Bone...  (Read 12986 times)

Offline carcrazed

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +39/-88
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Forester Touring; 2009 Civic EX-L
Re: T-Bone...
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2015, 07:30:38 pm »
Collision reporting center?? que?!?!
Which is why I asked. Sounds like provincial run insurance?

I live in Toronto. Don't all accident over 3 grand or something have to be reported to the police collision reporting centre? Especially if you want to go through insurance, no?

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1423/-2113
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
Re: Re: T-Bone...
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2015, 08:12:56 pm »
Collision reporting center?? que?!?!
Which is why I asked. Sounds like provincial run insurance?

I live in Toronto. Don't all accident over 3 grand or something have to be reported to the police collision reporting centre? Especially if you want to go through insurance, no?

I've just never heard of a colision reporting centre before....

Edit- just asked the wife, same kind of idea in Manitoba

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Lighten up Francis.....

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +381/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2015, 08:45:26 pm »
Sorry to hear, cc.  Glad you're okay.
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Brig

• Brig
  • Carma: +396/-1400
  • Class Clown, Moderatrix and Resident Hag
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Mazda CX-3 GS AWD
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2015, 06:10:52 pm »
Sorry to hear, cc.  Glad you're okay.

I will second that!   :)

Offline 2JDM

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +119/-141
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2015, 06:25:31 pm »
Sorry to hear about the situation, glad to hear everyone is OK.

Offline carcrazed

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2015, 02:31:39 pm »
Thanks everyone for your concern. :)

Got the estimate to fix the MDX.. just under $8K!!!  :o :o :o

I'm scheduled to have it back on June 15th.  Until then, the Q7 will have to do.  :P

Should I repaint the grille black again or just leave it stock?

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2015, 03:03:54 pm »
As the Rolling Stones would say....paint it black!!

Northernridge

« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2015, 03:09:14 pm »
Yea, I thought the black looked good too.

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +774/-2131
  • This forum is making me almost as bitter as SirO
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '23 Mazda CX-50 Turbo; '11 Fozzie XT
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2015, 03:31:43 pm »
A guy in a Civic ran a red light going straight, and I ended up hitting his rear driver's side going straight through an intersection... no one was seriously hurt, and the Civic took most of the damage from the impact.
...anddddd, Noto's interest is gone.

;D

Just kidding - glad you're ok.  Damn safer cars...

I live in Toronto. Don't all accident over 3 ONE grand or something have to be reported to the police collision reporting centre? Especially if you want to go through insurance, no?
PART XIV
RECORDS AND REPORTING OF ACCIDENTS AND CONVICTIONS

Duty to report accident
199. (1) Every person in charge of a motor vehicle or street car who is directly or indirectly involved in an accident shall, if the accident results in personal injuries or in damage to property apparently exceeding an amount prescribed by regulation, report the accident forthwith to the nearest police officer and furnish him or her with the information concerning the accident as may be required by the officer under subsection (3).  R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 199 (1); 2002, c. 17, Sched. F, Table.
as an FYI, the regulations set the value COMBINED OF BOTH VEHICLES to be $1,000.  So $500 on your vehicle + $500 on the other vehicle = MUST be reported to police.

...but curiously, there does not seem to be a set framework by which you would receive a fine for failing to report.  Your insurer will have grounds to deny your claim, however, if you fail to report to police.  It doesn't have to be a reporting centre, but that's likely where you'd end up doing it.

Offline carcrazed

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2015, 10:50:05 am »
I'm getting the CEL on the rental Q7.. should I report it to the rental company or will it go away? 

Disclaimer - I wasn't thinking when I was filling it up and put regular gas in it instead of premium.

Offline tortoise

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +235/-453
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2015, 11:03:00 am »
I'd be bringing it back to the rental place.
Only the slow and dim know where they're going in life, and seldom is it worth the trip. - Tom Robbins.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2015, 11:09:55 am »
I'm getting the CEL on the rental Q7.. should I report it to the rental company or will it go away? 

Disclaimer - I wasn't thinking when I was filling it up and put regular gas in it instead of premium.

:rofl: :rofl:

Aren't you glad you own an Acura  ;D Bring it back asap in case they try to pin it on you.

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2015, 12:27:19 pm »
I don't care to make any money on this, but I am asking seriously - are you sure that you're ok?  The damage doesn't suggest it was a 'minor bump', and often people don't begin to experience pain until a few days later.

Hope everything's ok!

...and silly boy, putting regular into a rental ;)  (putting premium in would be cra-zee!)

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2015, 12:42:17 pm »
You have forgotten that the CEL in FGC's means "the engine is THERE - ALL IS GOOD."

Offline carcrazed

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2015, 09:02:41 pm »
I spoke with the car rental place and he said to put in 91 or higher. I didn't tell him about putting 87 in.. I will put in the proper fuel next chance I get.

NOTO, I am really fine and am just going through some precautionary physiotherapy and massage. I really think I am fine.. My wife will need a little more work done, however.

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2015, 11:48:53 am »
I spoke with the car rental place and he said to put in 91 or higher. I didn't tell him about putting 87 in.. I will put in the proper fuel next chance I get.

NOTO, I am really fine and am just going through some precautionary physiotherapy and massage. I really think I am fine.. My wife will need a little more work done, however.
Again, I'm not trying to get a client out of this - but if you have any questions, feel free to PM me.  I don't like issuing claims unless there is some real merit, but even so far as to "what do I do now?", etc. I am happy to field.

Especially as it relates to your ability to receive Accident Benefits from your own insurer.  They will cut you off prematurely (they always do...).  If you (or your wife) take time off work, you get compensated (though not for the first week).  If you are having physio, they'll pay for it (if it costs more than your work benefits (if you have any - or if they're at 80% only), your insurer is responsible to pay the remainder).

Offline carcrazed

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2015, 09:44:16 am »

Again, I'm not trying to get a client out of this - but if you have any questions, feel free to PM me.  I don't like issuing claims unless there is some real merit, but even so far as to "what do I do now?", etc. I am happy to field.

Especially as it relates to your ability to receive Accident Benefits from your own insurer.  They will cut you off prematurely (they always do...).  If you (or your wife) take time off work, you get compensated (though not for the first week).  If you are having physio, they'll pay for it (if it costs more than your work benefits (if you have any - or if they're at 80% only), your insurer is responsible to pay the remainder).

Thanks for the info NoTo.  I spoke to the accident benefits adjuster from TD and went through all the details yesterday.  I think we'll be fine and I'm likely going to stop going to the physiotherapy before they can me off.

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2015, 11:37:00 am »

Thanks for the info NoTo.  I spoke to the accident benefits adjuster from TD and went through all the details yesterday.  I think we'll be fine and I'm likely going to stop going to the physiotherapy before they can me off.
Ask for housekeeping assistance - they'll give you $100/week for you to hire someone to come in and clean while you recover.

Offline carcrazed

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2015, 11:54:27 am »

Ask for housekeeping assistance - they'll give you $100/week for you to hire someone to come in and clean while you recover.

LOL.. I read about that in the package they sent, but we really don't want need it.

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2015, 12:48:57 pm »
LOL.. I read about that in the package they sent, but we really don't want need it.
you paid for it in your premiums - might as well receive it now   :-*

One of these days I really would like to do a SABS for dummiesy readers on autos.ca/forum article.  It's so overly complex and yet so important for those who unfortunately find themselves needing them.