Author Topic: Fuse keeps blowing  (Read 7206 times)

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7197
    • View Profile
Re: Fuse keeps blowing
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2016, 09:23:34 pm »
Found the cause for the fuse of the interior light that keeps blowing.  It's the overhead console.  That has the sunroof, power sliding doors, power tailgate.  It was cracked before (by my Dad), and I guess it's been used more by our family, with some bare wire inside, this is the cause.  Plastic is so brittle, will probably need a new one.  Dealer wants like $350 US, because it's the fackin limited trim.  4 autowreckers don't have any, because not a popular van.  Checking ebay, amazon, looks closer to $150 US.  But I want to confirm part # with dealer and the seller online.

Check out http://car-part.com/  It's a used part finding website linked in to thousands of wreckers.  If they won't ship to Canada, PM me and I'll give you my US address and I'll bring it across then mail it along to you.

Thanks Rocket, when going to the website, I can't even find "Overhead Console" in the pull down list for parts.

I found it.

Go back and search "Console" or "Front Console".  Then it will bring it to the next menu "Roof, sunroof, (trip meter), power liftgate"

What color??
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7197
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2016, 09:44:28 pm »

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2016, 10:48:37 pm »
Can't you just tape up the bare wire inside an use as is? Or is the whole thing going to fall apart when you try to get in there? Seems weird for a 2008 to have plastic that brittle....

Not sure why the buttons are so cheap and brittle.  You press the power sliding door button, and the button doesn't come back down to be perfectly flush against the others.  So once in awhile, when pressing the sunroof button, the sliding door will open! POS!

Offline wing

• Big Wig
  • Administrator
  • Carma: +279/-320
  • If you ain't first ... you're last!
    • View Profile
    • Drivesideways
  • Cars: 2009 Lexus ISF, 2009 Lexus LX570,2011 Audi A5 Touring Car
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2016, 08:25:44 am »
That's the difference between Kia/Hyundai and Honda/Toyota is the little things you don't notice in the showroom.   They just don't last three long haul.

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2016, 08:38:55 am »
That's the difference between Kia/Hyundai and Honda/Toyota is the little things you don't notice in the showroom.   They just don't last three long haul.

Don't have to tell me.  I wanted to keep the Odyssey, and sell the Entourage.  Even if my Odyssey was older, and had 100km more.  But my wife wanted something newer, more gadgets, and less body damage on the outside.  It was my Dads, so I got a decent price, tax-free.

And on top of that, the Over head console was giving my Dad problems when he had it. 

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2016, 09:16:06 am »

Don't have to tell me.  I wanted to keep the Odyssey, and sell the Entourage.  Even if my Odyssey was older, and had 100km more.  But my wife wanted something newer, more gadgets, and less body damage on the outside.  It was my Dads, so I got a decent price, tax-free.

And on top of that, the Over head console was giving my Dad problems when he had it.
first time I could use the same picture for 2 different things  :D

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2016, 09:51:41 am »
:rofl2: :rofl2:

Good job on the trouble shooting there Solstice.  :thumbup:
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken