Author Topic: The things that make me sad, angry, and upset  (Read 2309515 times)

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +702/-1347
  • “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.”
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
Re: The things that make me sad, angry, and upset
« Reply #520 on: April 17, 2015, 04:13:16 pm »
COO of the company I do 90% of my work for passed away suddenly today  :'( Probably the best person I have met with such a high level of intellect, humor, kindness, and dedication to his craft and family. He never prejudges anybody and lets you have your say, listens attentively, then cuts you up. Brilliant man and it saddens me to know he wont be around anymore to debate with. I wish more senior management in companies were like this guy, RIP Paul.

That's a bummer indeed!

I can count on one hand the people I have met in 32 years in the industry that I respect and he is one of them. Many of us are having a hard time with his passing. Trying to put into words in a message to his 6 year old daughter (he is a single parent) so she can read later and understand what a great person he was and how it impacted me....... I'm sure she knows this already.  :'(

Northernridge

« Reply #521 on: April 17, 2015, 04:46:58 pm »
COO of the company I do 90% of my work for passed away suddenly today  :'( Probably the best person I have met with such a high level of intellect, humor, kindness, and dedication to his craft and family. He never prejudges anybody and lets you have your say, listens attentively, then cuts you up. Brilliant man and it saddens me to know he wont be around anymore to debate with. I wish more senior management in companies were like this guy, RIP Paul.

That's a bummer indeed!

I can count on one hand the people I have met in 32 years in the industry that I respect and he is one of them. Many of us are having a hard time with his passing. Trying to put into words in a message to his 6 year old daughter (he is a single parent) so she can read later and understand what a great person he was and how it impacted me....... I'm sure she knows this already.  :'(

You've done a pretty good job with these two posts.  :)

I am moved.

Offline PJungnitsch

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +169/-337
    • View Profile
    • Travel in Africa
  • Cars: Subaru Crosstrek, Lexus RX350, Evolve Carbon, Biktrix Juggernaut, Yamaha TW200
« Reply #522 on: April 17, 2015, 06:00:41 pm »
Sorry to hear that. Not nearly as big a deal, but still p****g me off:

Ordered a part over the phone two weeks ago from the local Honda dealer, came in to pick it up: 'Sorry, there's no part and no record of it'. OK, alright, mistakes happen.

Reordered it in person, before coming in this time checked by phone first, 'Sorry, there's no part and no record of it, do you want to order it again?'

Gave up and will try another dealer. The part I got off Ebay from Georgia was waaay easier.

Offline Schmengie

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +27/-26
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: April 17, 2015, 06:17:34 pm »

That's a bummer indeed!

You've done a pretty good job with these two posts.  :)

I am moved.

^^ +10. I had a manager like that once. She was a very kind person, extremely approachable and always respectful of others no matter what situation she was dealing with at the time. She passed away before her time as well, but I'll always remember her. Unlike just about every manager that came after her. RIP Caroline :'(
' Saw an Alfalfa Romeeo go by - furrin sports car forty feet long, mebbe nine inches high.' - Charlie Farquharson

Offline 2JDM

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +119/-141
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: April 17, 2015, 10:07:37 pm »
Well, I am more then upset, mad, angry, I am LIVID. We are barbecuing in the back yard, when some local pukes decide to kick in our fence at the back corner. Of course, as I am assessing the damage, one 13 or 14 year old boy walks by and he doesn't even look our way and pretends to not notice the damage. When I go around by the front of the house, there is a girl about the same age, just standing there in the middle of the road, with a stupid look on her face, " Oh I didn't see anything". I then go into the forest, and there is another girl about the same age, sitting there with a boy of about 10 or 11 with the . Of course they didn't see anything either. Right, what a co-incidence I say to myself, that these kids were in the forest at the same time that the damage occurred and didn't see anything.

Since I didn't see who actually did it, I talked in a very calm manner to the three that were in the forest for a few minutes, just explaining to them, that I had just rebuilt that section of fence and now I have to fix it again, for no reason other then that some kids  thought it was fun to destroy what is not theirs, and that is why I am upset. They were sorry that my fence got wrecked, but of course didn't confess.

Time to install security cameras, as this is the 4th time this has happened. Always the same section, as it cannot be seen from the house.

What kinda kids go around kicking in fences?!  ??? ??? Parents need to beat their kids...seriously.  >:(

When I was that age, the most "trouble" I got into was playing nicky nicky 9 doors.  :P Harmless.

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #525 on: April 17, 2015, 10:13:50 pm »
Well, I am more then upset, mad, angry, I am LIVID. We are barbecuing in the back yard, when some local pukes decide to kick in our fence at the back corner. Of course, as I am assessing the damage, one 13 or 14 year old boy walks by and he doesn't even look our way and pretends to not notice the damage. When I go around by the front of the house, there is a girl about the same age, just standing there in the middle of the road, with a stupid look on her face, " Oh I didn't see anything". I then go into the forest, and there is another girl about the same age, sitting there with a boy of about 10 or 11 with the . Of course they didn't see anything either. Right, what a co-incidence I say to myself, that these kids were in the forest at the same time that the damage occurred and didn't see anything.

Since I didn't see who actually did it, I talked in a very calm manner to the three that were in the forest for a few minutes, just explaining to them, that I had just rebuilt that section of fence and now I have to fix it again, for no reason other then that some kids  thought it was fun to destroy what is not theirs, and that is why I am upset. They were sorry that my fence got wrecked, but of course didn't confess.

Time to install security cameras, as this is the 4th time this has happened. Always the same section, as it cannot be seen from the house.

Man, that sucks.  Never heard of that.  The only damage I got on my fence is from the wind and my dog chasing the animals (rabbits, raccoons, squirrels).  Same original 30 year old fence...

Offline mmret

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +240/-570
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: April 18, 2015, 09:07:40 am »
Woke up at 609am this morning to a phone call from my brother. Apparently his condo had a burst pipe and water was coming through.

Extracted him and most of his personal effects and valuables but its going to be a while before this all gets sorted out. He has 3 exams this week too!

Thankfully its a rental.
You can't just have your characters announce how they feel.
That makes me feel angry!

Present: 15.5 V60 T6 + Polestar, 17 MDX
Sometimes Borrow: 11 GLK350
Dark and Twisted Past: 13 TL AWD, 07 Z4 3.0si, 07 CLK550, 06 TSX, 07 Civic, 01 Grandma!

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #527 on: April 18, 2015, 10:06:12 am »
1st world problem, flight delay to FLL

Offline pi314

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +59/-95
    • View Profile
  • Cars: VW Golf Sportwagen 4Motion 6MT ;Dearly Departed 2015 Honda Fit EX 6MT
« Reply #528 on: April 18, 2015, 10:40:29 am »
Woke up at 609am this morning to a phone call from my brother. Apparently his condo had a burst pipe and water was coming through.

Extracted him and most of his personal effects and valuables but its going to be a while before this all gets sorted out. He has 3 exams this week too!

Thankfully its a rental.

Good thing you have that v60 wagon now.

Offline Travel360

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +5/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: April 18, 2015, 12:55:35 pm »
417 exit Metcalfe -Elgin , left -right -left  (ALL 3 turns ) cut off by the same guy/girl with blacked out windows. >:(

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #530 on: April 19, 2015, 03:05:19 pm »
People that can't use round-a-bouts. Had a guy almost take me out when he was on the inside lane thinking he could exit with me beside. him.

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
« Reply #531 on: April 19, 2015, 03:44:34 pm »
Wind....facking wind.

Offline Travel360

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +5/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: April 19, 2015, 05:05:37 pm »
Saw a cyclist blown off onto gravel shoulders yesterday.( Eagleson rd towards kanata ). Half an hour later, he was not even at Superstore -it was a long hard push!!

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: April 19, 2015, 05:32:01 pm »
Saw a cyclist blown off onto gravel shoulders yesterday.( Eagleson rd towards kanata ). Half an hour later, he was not even at Superstore -it was a long hard push!!

I went out on my MTB today and in sections had to almost go down to the granny ring to fight  the winds....

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: April 19, 2015, 06:15:51 pm »

Offline craigq

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +12/-9
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 17FozXT, 18MiragePOS
« Reply #535 on: April 19, 2015, 06:25:50 pm »
When my wireless bicycle computer goes on the fritz. I just replaced the sending unit's battery, it worked for three rides, and now the main unit doesn't receive a signal unless it's held fairly close to the sending unit.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 10:16:00 pm by craigq »

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: April 19, 2015, 08:52:44 pm »
Like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bn577y4J7d8

He landed in grass and soft soil  :P I hid in the ravines today   ;D

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: April 19, 2015, 11:17:55 pm »
When my wireless bicycle computer goes on the fritz. I just replaced the sending unit's battery, it worked for three rides, and now the main unit doesn't receive a signal unless it's held fairly close to the sending unit.

Just go to a gps model or use your smart phone (if you have one). So much easier.

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #538 on: April 19, 2015, 11:28:21 pm »

Just go to a gps model or use your smart phone (if you have one). So much easier.

Nah, the easiest thing, is nothing!  We have computers in the cars, to monitor the nannies, gas, our speed.  On a bike, you are the gas, no nannies, and the speed is up to you!  You could just time yourself to see if your getting any better..... 

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: April 20, 2015, 07:33:40 am »

Nah, the easiest thing, is nothing!  We have computers in the cars, to monitor the nannies, gas, our speed.  On a bike, you are the gas, no nannies, and the speed is up to you!  You could just time yourself to see if your getting any better.....

Even if you didn't use a bike computer you would still need to know how far you rode to computer your average speed. Who is going to sit down after and draw out their route (if they can even remember it) to see what their avg was?

The majority of people already have a smart phone, apps are free.....done.