Author Topic: Preview: Toyota Corolla Furia Concept  (Read 4001 times)

Offline Autos_Editor

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +91/-560
    • View Profile
Preview: Toyota Corolla Furia Concept
« on: January 18, 2013, 06:22:40 am »

While some may have expected a sports car with a name like Furia, this Toyota concept previews the next generation Corolla's styling direction.

Read More...

Offline redman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +100/-298
  • Make mine a flat white, triple shot.
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2010 Subaru Legacy Limited, 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT son's
Re: Preview: Toyota Corolla Furia Concept
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 08:27:50 am »
Toyota has chirped this hype before regarding styling with lines like "Toyota Canada, promises will carry over to the new model"

It's a long leap from appliance to passion and I don't feel the the old men at the helm of Toyota can make that jump.

I'm like one of the villagers with the boy who cried wolf, I'll believe it when I see it" in the meantime :

That being said I really like the look of the Furia concept and would like to see it in production as is without styling and material downing.

Now if they would throw in the 2.0-litre Toyota-Subaru D-4S, I'd place me deposit on it now.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 02:57:27 pm by redman »
Past New (8yrs) Car Dealer for : BMW, Lexus, Nissan and Toyota<br />Past Used Vehicle Dealer: All Makes and Models. Seen a lot of it. Drove a lot of it. <br />Four-stroke Otto Engine 1876. Modern timer, pop-up toaster 1919 keep convincing yourself that you have the "latest appliance".

Offline mixmanmash

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +103/-326
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 Honda Odyssey Touring; 1993 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 1990 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 2009 Nissan Rogue S AWD (wife's); 2002 Mazda Protege ES-GT (retired)
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 08:58:40 am »
I agree with redman.  But if it does carry over, it will be light years ahead of the previous Corolla.

The front, though has a Civic/Veloster look to it.  The rear angle in the picture does look good.

Offline JRM

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +22/-94
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 VW Passat TSI, 2004 Pontiac Vibe AWD
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2013, 09:19:25 am »
If the production car is close in design to this concept and the drivetrain and interior are brought up to current standards for the class, the Corolla should sell very well, but seeing is believing.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1423/-2113
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2013, 10:28:42 am »
I dont know if Toyota would have the cojones to be that forward with its Corolla redesign. I dont know if their customers, mainly members of flat earth societies, would be that accepting to such major perestroika to their favorite vanilla, tan colored, transportation appliance.
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline S. Aureus

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +6/-8
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Subaru Outback 2014
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2013, 07:56:42 pm »
I dont know if Toyota would have the cojones to be that forward with its Corolla redesign. I dont know if their customers, mainly members of flat earth societies, would be that accepting to such major perestroika to their favorite vanilla, tan colored, transportation appliance.
The Corolla family has had performance versions earlier - e.g. JDM Corolla Levin from early 1990's, aka Toyota Sprinter Trueno IIRC. Its 1.6 liter 4-cylinder N/A 20-valve engine was quite a piece of engineering, and it put out just over 160 ponies - more or less enough for a 950 kg or so vehicle. We had quite a few of them around in Siberia.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2013, 09:32:43 pm »
The Corolla family has had performance versions earlier - e.g. JDM Corolla Levin from early 1990's, aka Toyota Sprinter Trueno IIRC. Its 1.6 liter 4-cylinder N/A 20-valve engine was quite a piece of engineering, and it put out just over 160 ponies - more or less enough for a 950 kg or so vehicle. We had quite a few of them around in Siberia.

Those were awesome.....but its been 20 years since then. The Corolla has since then turned into the most boring car on the market.

Offline Seafoam

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +89/-202
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2013, 02:45:30 pm »

Those were awesome.....but its been 20 years since then. The Corolla has since then turned into the most boring car on the market.

Those were the performance versions. They always made the boring bigger selling versions right along side them. It doesn't matter what they make of the corolla really,people on this forum will :censor: and moan about how crappy it is.
2023 Honda Civic EX-B
2004 Mazdaspeed Miata

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2013, 09:52:18 pm »
Well, this is a enthusiasts forum, the Corolla is 180 degrees from that.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Offline Seafoam

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2013, 10:03:24 am »
Well, this is a enthusiasts forum, the Corolla is 180 degrees from that.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Really never noticed. ::). I consider myself a car enthusiast, like all things car.  If the corolla isn't included why are SUV's and pickup trucks  considered enthusiast vehicles?
Without a lot of bread and butter vehicles to sell to the public many manufactures wouldn't be able to develop performance vehicles.

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
Preview: Toyota Corolla Furia Concept
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2013, 10:31:09 am »
He thought this was a redneck forum lol :-)

Offline Kinetis

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +0/-5
    • View Profile
  • Cars: BMW 330, Nissan 200SX
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2013, 02:54:28 pm »
The new guy in charge of Toyota, Akio Toyoda, will make it happen. He's a car guy, instead of an accountant, put in charge of a car company.   I'm not sure what all the previous Corolla buyers are going to buy after this comes out.

Toyota has chirped this hype before regarding styling with lines like "Toyota Canada, promises will carry over to the new model"

It's a long leap from appliance to passion and I don't feel the the old men at the helm of Toyota can make that jump.

I'm like one of the villagers with the boy who cried wolf, I'll believe it when I see it" in the meantime :

That being said I really like the look of the Furia concept and would like to see it in production as is without styling and material downing.

Now if they would throw in the 2.0-litre Toyota-Subaru D-4S, I'd put my deposit on it now.

Offline Seafoam

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2013, 07:56:50 pm »
The new guy in charge of Toyota, Akio Toyoda, will make it happen. He's a car guy, instead of an accountant, put in charge of a car company.   I'm not sure what all the previous Corolla buyers are going to buy after this comes out.

Now if they would throw in the 2.0-litre Toyota-Subaru D-4S, I'd put my deposit on it now.
Probably another corolla. I remember when the Matrix first came out it was supposedly marketed to younger buyers. In reality a lot of older people bought them instead.

Offline bombastic

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +14/-261
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Mazda 626, Mazda MPV, Toyota Camry, VW Tiguan, VW Passat, Dodge GC
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2013, 10:57:17 pm »
fascia look so much like the existing Elantra. Same for the profile.
Bombastic