Author Topic: Topless Aventador Now on Sale  (Read 1281 times)

Offline Autos_Editor

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +91/-560
    • View Profile
Topless Aventador Now on Sale
« on: November 12, 2012, 08:56:51 am »

Automobili Lamborghini presents the new Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 Roadster.
Read More...

Offline redman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +100/-298
  • Make mine a flat white, triple shot.
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2010 Subaru Legacy Limited, 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT son's
Re: Topless Aventador Now on Sale
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 10:26:51 am »
Coming to a Batman movie soon....

The word is Lamborghini has officially killed the beautiful open-gate manual shifter on the Aventador, favoring millisecond-shifts over man-and-machine clutching. Yes I'm aware that F1 has made the switch years ago and that this is merely a trickle down effect. Yet Open-gate has become an icon that will be missed.

No more :
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 10:31:35 am by redman »
Past New (8yrs) Car Dealer for : BMW, Lexus, Nissan and Toyota<br />Past Used Vehicle Dealer: All Makes and Models. Seen a lot of it. Drove a lot of it. <br />Four-stroke Otto Engine 1876. Modern timer, pop-up toaster 1919 keep convincing yourself that you have the "latest appliance".

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +254/-768
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 01:26:38 pm »
The word is Lamborghini has officially killed the beautiful open-gate manual shifter on the Aventador, favoring millisecond-shifts over man-and-machine clutching. Yes I'm aware that F1 has made the switch years ago and that this is merely a trickle down effect. Yet Open-gate has become an icon that will be missed.

That happened a while ago. IIRC, the number of Murcielago LP640s that were ordered with a manual transmission was really, really low - possibly in the single digits. The take rate for the manual across all Lambo models had fallen to 1-2% in the last couple of years.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1423/-2113
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 04:05:35 pm »
Coming to a Batman movie soon....

No more :

You have to remember, the market for these is aimed at old crook.....I mean politicians and bankers. People who long ago forgot how to use anything below the waist.  ;D Im with you, the beautiful open gate shifter was artwork, but what are you gonna do when your entire buying public thinks the 3rd pedal is just an oversized parking brake pedal.
Lighten up Francis.....