Author Topic: Pulled the winters off. Thesse DMV1s don't seem to wear  (Read 984 times)

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +117/-434
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Land Rover LR4, Honda Ridgeline, Husqvarna FE501
Pulled the winters off. Thesse DMV1s don't seem to wear
« on: March 06, 2015, 12:00:48 pm »
I swapped the winters of the Ridgeline last night. It feels like spring in the air and the extended forecast shows double digits and sun so it was time to swap them out. After four winter seasons the DMV1s are sitting at 10/32. Impressive.  It looks like two more seasons at this rate.  The old school wheel weights Costco put on are not as robust. It appears I threw two of them (actually rusted off as the clip on the lip of the wheel is still there.) I didn't notice any great vibrations but I think I will still have Costco honour their lifetime balance. Both weights are on the inside lip.

If past seasons are anything to go by we will now get pounded with a few storms. Actually I am counting on it as the skiing has been sucky. ;D

Offline bridgecity

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +126/-182
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 MDX; 2007 Tundra
Re: Pulled the winters off. Thesse DMV1s don't seem to wear
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2015, 12:07:10 pm »
I swapped the winters of the Ridgeline last night. It feels like spring in the air and the extended forecast shows double digits and sun so it was time to swap them out.

:fall: Fack.  That would be nice.  I'm expecting at least another month, maybe even 6 weeks before swapping. 

Good to hear yours are holding out well.  This is only my second season with the DM-V1s.  They have lots of life left, I'll have to check them after this season.  Approximately how many kms are you putting on them each season?
Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction, and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +117/-434
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Land Rover LR4, Honda Ridgeline, Husqvarna FE501
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2015, 01:06:30 pm »
I swapped the winters of the Ridgeline last night. It feels like spring in the air and the extended forecast shows double digits and sun so it was time to swap them out.

:fall: Fack.  That would be nice.  I'm expecting at least another month, maybe even 6 weeks before swapping. 

Good to hear yours are holding out well.  This is only my second season with the DM-V1s.  They have lots of life left, I'll have to check them after this season.  Approximately how many kms are you putting on them each season?

Depends on how much I go skiing. This winter not much. If I had to guess 6k kms each season. So about 24k kms on them now. Should make 36k kms before they lose their winter bubble compound.

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +774/-2131
  • This forum is making me almost as bitter as SirO
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '23 Mazda CX-50 Turbo; '11 Fozzie XT
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2015, 02:35:49 pm »
My Corolla's Xi2s are still at 10/32" after 5 seasons and about 25,000-30,000km.