Author Topic: Interesting MORONS seen on the way to work  (Read 974002 times)

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +381/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
Re: Interesting MORONS seen on the way to work
« Reply #2180 on: December 22, 2014, 06:13:30 pm »
Unfortunately things have progressed here to people using the hard shoulder to undertake. Or they just drive off the road to avoid waiting 2 minutes. One guy undertook 20 cars on the hard shoulder to turn left at the lights. Work that one out.

Don't you mean overtake?
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. - Thomas Jefferson

Offline HeliDriver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +175/-235
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Crosstrek Sport 6MT; 2011 Yukon XL 2500
« Reply #2181 on: December 22, 2014, 06:24:56 pm »
Unfortunately things have progressed here to people using the hard shoulder to undertake. Or they just drive off the road to avoid waiting 2 minutes. One guy undertook 20 cars on the hard shoulder to turn left at the lights. Work that one out.

Don't you mean overtake?

It means to pass on the wrong side.

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
« Reply #2182 on: December 22, 2014, 06:33:45 pm »

Don't you mean overtake?

You learn something new every day.

Offline HeliDriver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +175/-235
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Crosstrek Sport 6MT; 2011 Yukon XL 2500
« Reply #2183 on: December 22, 2014, 06:35:52 pm »

Don't you mean overtake?

Yeah, neat term. Don't hear it much - I think it's more of a British thing (stodge's homeland, IIRC)

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
« Reply #2184 on: December 22, 2014, 06:44:20 pm »

Don't you mean overtake?

Yeah, neat term. Don't hear it much - I think it's more of a British thing (stodge's homeland, IIRC)

Origin guess: If you drive like a dick and pass on the right, you may need an undertaker.

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #2185 on: December 22, 2014, 06:59:02 pm »
Sorry, didn't realise undertake wasn't a common word here. It means pass on the right (when you drive on the right) or pass on the left when you drive on the left. Yes I'm English.

Goddamn immigrants!

:rofl2:

Choosing a car based on reliability is like choosing a wife based solely because she is punctual. There is more to it than that...

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-383
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
« Reply #2186 on: December 22, 2014, 07:23:17 pm »
No, your language is weird. Undertaking should be reserved for this:  ;D
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach the man to fish and he wakes you up at 5 in the morning.

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #2187 on: December 22, 2014, 10:45:23 pm »
Sorry, didn't realise undertake wasn't a common word here. It means pass on the right (when you drive on the right) or pass on the left when you drive on the left. Yes I'm English.

Goddamn immigrants!

Aren't you all immigrants? :)

I'm English you muppet.

:P

Offline aquadorhj

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +271/-265
    • View Profile
  • Cars: MB SLK 55, Lexus NX, E46 M3, Honda Fit, VW Jetta, VW Rabbit, Saturn SC, Nissan NX,
« Reply #2188 on: December 22, 2014, 10:50:42 pm »

Goddamn immigrants!

I'm English you muppet.

maybe we should ask the natives what the "a-hole passing on the right" is called.   ;)

Driving thrills makes my wallet lighter.. and therefore makes me faster because i'm shedding weight... :D

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: December 22, 2014, 11:06:14 pm »

Goddamn immigrants!

I'm English you muppet.

maybe we should ask the natives what the "a-hole passing on the right" is called.   ;)

P.S. It's called undertaking in the UK, because you can only overtake on one side (right).  Overtaking on the other side is illegal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overtaking#Overtaking_on_the_inside

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +702/-1347
  • “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.”
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
« Reply #2190 on: December 23, 2014, 07:12:49 am »
Well, this moron was caught by another vehicles dash cam. Looks like his story of mechanical trouble and overheating could be suspect.

http://bc.ctvnews.ca/lamborghini-crashes-through-fence-on-highway-99-1.2158079

You may have to copy and paste.

Was the Viper driver racing him?

Offline Blueprint

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +169/-232
  • member since way back when
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2024 Mazda CX-90 GS-L PHEV, 2022 Subaru Crosstrek Limited, 1975 Triumph TR6
« Reply #2191 on: December 23, 2014, 08:46:50 am »
Ok, picture this:

a guy in a current Wrangler Unlimited, monochrome caramel pudding colour. He has the word "CONQUER" written on the sides of the hood where one would normally see "Rubicon" or "Daisy". There was something painted on top of the hood that I couldn't see, but on the doors: a cartoon bomb with wings, going down, and the word "NAPALM" on top. WTF? Psych eval needed? These days, that might be enough to have you pulled over! I see Wranglers with Sheriff stars on the door, and that's kinda Tonka-truck cute (actually, did see some with "Tonka" on the hood) - but the Napalm guy deserves full Moron status.
Traffic engineer/project manager & part time auto journalist

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #2192 on: December 23, 2014, 10:21:17 am »
Well, this moron was caught by another vehicles dash cam. Looks like his story of mechanical trouble and overheating could be suspect.

What a crappy driver. Spins out changing lanes.

Offline aquadorhj

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +271/-265
    • View Profile
  • Cars: MB SLK 55, Lexus NX, E46 M3, Honda Fit, VW Jetta, VW Rabbit, Saturn SC, Nissan NX,
« Reply #2193 on: December 23, 2014, 10:22:40 am »

What a crappy driver. Spins out changing lanes.

In an all wheel drive car...

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1423/-2113
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #2194 on: December 23, 2014, 10:38:01 am »

Goddamn immigrants!

I'm English you muppet.

P.S. It's called undertaking in the UK, because you can only overtake on one side (right).  Overtaking on the other side is illegal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overtaking#Overtaking_on_the_inside

Oh you silly Brits  ::) :stick: ;D...the originators of our most common language...an undertaking is something you do like say, a kitchen reno, or what the guy who does undertaking does before he sticks your cold dead body in the ground... :P  I believe, when I was young, what we called that was a suicide pass.  Perhaps NR or Wink or any other MB'an can confirm if that was common to our parts...or if I'm dreaming that one up.

Suicide pass is what I know it as.
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2195 on: December 23, 2014, 01:44:31 pm »
Why is it called a suicide pass?  Everyone does it here.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: December 23, 2014, 01:51:03 pm »
Why is it called a suicide pass?  Everyone does it here.

I never got that either because passing on the right is the only way to get by the left lane hogs and is a common maneuver.

Offline SKYMTL

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +30/-77
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 BMW 440i, 2014 Mazda 3 GT Sport
« Reply #2197 on: December 23, 2014, 02:50:59 pm »
It was freezing rain this morning and the idiots were really out. 

This guy in front of me spun out three times, each time continuing on, after which he plowed into the curb.  I stopped and got out to see if he was ok and then noticed:  bald directional winter tires....that were installed in the wrong direction. 

While having a winter tire law in effect sure SOUNDS awesome, the reality is that cheap nimrods will keep those winter tires on all year long, installed backwards. 

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #2198 on: December 23, 2014, 04:52:54 pm »
Drove across the GTA twice today, there was morons everywhere

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2199 on: December 30, 2014, 01:17:46 pm »
On the way to work stopped to help a lady change the tire on her Oddysey. The thing was shredded to pieces and the rim was basically destroyed. I asked her how long she had driven about on a flat, "not long, about 1/2 an hour, just trying to make it home"  :o :o Turns out the tire had been losing pressure for a while but her husband is at work and she does not know how to put air in the tire.  ::) 2 kids in the van and shes sliding around all over the place....some people children.....the best part was when she asked me if the tire was repairable, did not mean to guffaw as loud as I did.