Author Topic: Tim Hortons  (Read 14708 times)

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +702/-1347
  • “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.”
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
Re: Tim Hortons
« Reply #100 on: July 02, 2015, 10:39:32 pm »
 I have to get up at 05:30 so good night  :-*

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7197
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 02, 2015, 10:40:34 pm »
I have to get up at 05:30 so good night  :-*

I'm just starting to unwind around then!   ;D

How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-263
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Frontier Pro-4X, 2013 Lexus GS-350
« Reply #102 on: July 02, 2015, 10:52:31 pm »
Our awesome rice cooker has a delay timer.  So I have steel cut oats cooked and ready to go as soon as I'm up.  Yumm!!

Cooking steel-cut oats in a rice cooker is kinda brilliant. We stopped buying them because they take too long to cook.  Now we just need to buy a rice cooker.   :P 

I'm not necessatily a morning person, but bfast is a must for me and wouldn't make it past 9AM without a substantial one.  Actually breakfast is one of my favorite meals and the one time during the day that we always eat together.  I can eat anything too so it doesnt have to be any traditional and will eat leftovers quite often.  Things just seem to taste better in the morning.  :lick:  I'm also a little spoiled as my wife gets up and makes me a nice big meal every morning.  :love:

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7197
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 02, 2015, 11:01:42 pm »
Our awesome rice cooker has a delay timer.  So I have steel cut oats cooked and ready to go as soon as I'm up.  Yumm!!

Cooking steel-cut oats in a rice cooker is kinda brilliant. We stopped buying them because they take too long to cook.  Now we just need to buy a rice cooker.   :P 

I'm not necessatily a morning person, but bfast is a must for me and wouldn't make it past 9AM without a substantial one.  Actually breakfast is one of my favorite meals and the one time during the day that we always eat together.  I can eat anything too so it doesnt have to be any traditional and will eat leftovers quite often.  Things just seem to taste better in the morning.  :lick:  I'm also a little spoiled as my wife gets up and makes me a nice big meal every morning.  :love:

The price of our rice cooker will make your eyes water (mine did!).  But since rice so important to IQ's asian diet, having PERFECT rice every single time meant having the best rice cooker.  Hard to believe, but IQ can tell the difference in taste between a simple rice cooker and our fuzzy-logic rice cooker.  And I read about 500 reviews from other Asians that said the same thing (ie "Best rice I've ever tasted!").  My palate for rice is clearly not that developed.  But since rice is a staple for so many people...why not have the best tasting rice?

Anyways...our rice cooker has a "Porridge" setting.  I use that, plus the delay timer..and perfectly made oatmeal every morning.  And if you sleep in, it has a "Keep warm" setting that stays on for several hours.

It's about $200 CDN.  We paid $125 USD for ours.

http://www.amazon.com/Zojirushi-NS-LAC05XT-Cooker-Warmer-Stainless/dp/B005FVROW6

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
« Reply #104 on: July 03, 2015, 05:30:56 am »

The price of our rice cooker will make your eyes water (mine did!).  But since rice so important to IQ's asian diet, having PERFECT rice every single time meant having the best rice cooker.  Hard to believe, but IQ can tell the difference in taste between a simple rice cooker and our fuzzy-logic rice cooker.  And I read about 500 reviews from other Asians that said the same thing (ie "Best rice I've ever tasted!").  My palate for rice is clearly not that developed.  But since rice is a staple for so many people...why not have the best tasting rice?

Anyways...our rice cooker has a "Porridge" setting.  I use that, plus the delay timer..and perfectly made oatmeal every morning.  And if you sleep in, it has a "Keep warm" setting that stays on for several hours.

It's about $200 CDN.  We paid $125 USD for ours.

http://www.amazon.com/Zojirushi-NS-LAC05XT-Cooker-Warmer-Stainless/dp/B005FVROW6

Can it be set for different kinds of rice.  Not just Brown/white  but Basmati vs Arborio vs Jasmine etc...I.e fine tuning. The link doesn't say.
The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution.

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +702/-1347
  • “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.”
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
Tim Hortons
« Reply #105 on: July 03, 2015, 08:06:57 am »
Snowman's 8 minute breakfast

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #106 on: July 03, 2015, 09:37:44 am »
^ That looks like the plastic cheese! 

And this thread has been officially derailed!!!  :rofl2:

Offline random006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +123/-83
    • View Profile
  • Cars: His - 2018 Subaru Crosstrek .... Hers - 2008 Honda Civic DX
« Reply #107 on: July 03, 2015, 09:50:25 am »

Actually ... not really.  ;)

The breakfast Snowy made looks suspiciously like many a fast food offering, possibly even Tim Horton's!!!   :rofl2: :run: :rofl2:

Seriously, I've made the same breakfast or close enough.  I use either bacon or cold cuts for the meat.  Then I use a small microwaveable bowl that forms the scrambled egg mixture into just the right shape and size for a bagel or english muffin.  Total time:  3 to 4 minutes for the cold cut variation, 6 to 8 minutes for the bacon version.
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubblegum.    -    John Nada (played by Roddy Piper) in "They Live"

Offline tenpenny

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +137/-305
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 03, 2015, 10:34:03 am »

Actually ... not really.  ;)

The breakfast Snowy made looks suspiciously like many a fast food offering, possibly even Tim Horton's!!!   :rofl2: :run: :rofl2:

Seriously, I've made the same breakfast or close enough.  I use either bacon or cold cuts for the meat.  Then I use a small microwaveable bowl that forms the scrambled egg mixture into just the right shape and size for a bagel or english muffin.  Total time:  3 to 4 minutes for the cold cut variation, 6 to 8 minutes for the bacon version.

I used to do similar, have some glass bowls that I just microwave the eggs in while the English muffin is in the toaster.

My diesel car self-identifies as an electric vehicle.

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #109 on: July 03, 2015, 12:49:25 pm »
OK back on track. Thought about Tim Horton's this morning. Then came to my senses and got that out of my mind. Decided to skip MacDonalds coffee,  staghe home and had glass of freshly squeezed orange juice. Part of my plan of eating/drinking healthier choices.
Back on track
I thought this thread was about the merger / take over of Timmy's by an  investment firm ,
Slowing down on Reno will save corporate a ton of money to make their next quarter look better
Also put a lot of people out of work ,  from the architects and mechanical engineers ,  Timmy's set up people, construction company hiring people to do the work

Offline tenpenny

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +137/-305
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 03, 2015, 01:01:34 pm »
Something I've noticed lately is I see neighbours go to Horton's, get coffee and bring it home. I can't help think "Don't they have a coffee maker at home?" Just seems a lot of trouble and expense for a coffee.

In Kent County, NB, when a snow storm is forecast, the locals go buy cups of Tims to take home so they can heat it up the next day if the roads are impassible.

AB - if Tims is now like all the other Brazilian-controlled companies, (breweries and mines), they'll take 6 months to a year to pay the trades anyway.  Be very careful if you get involved.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 01:03:15 pm by tenpenny »

Offline HeliDriver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +175/-235
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Crosstrek Sport 6MT; 2011 Yukon XL 2500
« Reply #111 on: July 03, 2015, 01:33:48 pm »

Can it be set for different kinds of rice.  Not just Brown/white  but Basmati vs Arborio vs Jasmine etc...I.e fine tuning. The link doesn't say.

We have a Zojirushi as well. Ours looks to be about the same, but without the timer.

Anyway, no different settings for each rice variety, but they all come out perfectly anyway. Fuzzy logic FTW!

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 03, 2015, 05:58:12 pm »
Something I've noticed lately is I see neighbours go to Horton's, get coffee and bring it home. I can't help think "Don't they have a coffee maker at home?" Just seems a lot of trouble and expense for a coffee.

In Kent County, NB, when a snow storm  ::)is forecast, the locals go buy cups of Tims to take home so they can heat it up the next day if the roads are impassible.

AB - if Tims is now like all the other Brazilian-controlled companies, (breweries and mines), they'll take 6 months to a year to pay the trades anyway.  Be very careful if you get involved.
And that is different then other companies
Siemans 120 days
City of Barrie since February and counting, the guy will not reply to my emails
I usually count on  at least 90 -120 days before payment ::)

Offline wing

• Big Wig
  • Administrator
  • Carma: +279/-320
  • If you ain't first ... you're last!
    • View Profile
    • Drivesideways
  • Cars: 2009 Lexus ISF, 2009 Lexus LX570,2011 Audi A5 Touring Car
Tim Hortons
« Reply #113 on: July 05, 2015, 09:31:16 am »
Made eggs this morning 10 min for two.   Took 5 for the pan to heat up egg was a little runny could have used 2 more

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 05, 2015, 11:25:17 am »
Made eggs this morning 10 min for two.   Took 5 for the pan to heat up egg was a little runny could have used 2 more
5 mins to heat the pan ! That is crazy

Offline random006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +123/-83
    • View Profile
  • Cars: His - 2018 Subaru Crosstrek .... Hers - 2008 Honda Civic DX
Tim Hortons
« Reply #115 on: July 05, 2015, 01:15:49 pm »
5 mins to heat the pan ! That is crazy

The stove in my previous apartment was like that too.  The difference in meal prep in those cases lies in multitasking:  get the coffee going, get the toast going, organize any other ingredients, get out your cutlery and/or other little tasks that need doing that haven't already been done.

Suddenly, 5 minutes doesn't seem long enough. 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 01:17:28 pm by random006 »