Author Topic: Test Drive: 2013 Dodge Journey R/T Rallye AWD  (Read 26312 times)

Offline Autos_Editor

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +91/-560
    • View Profile
Test Drive: 2013 Dodge Journey R/T Rallye AWD
« on: February 01, 2013, 06:30:33 am »

The Journey R/T bundles V6 power, AWD, a long list of features and lots of interior space at a reasonable price.

Read More...

Offline nlm

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +58/-82
    • View Profile
Re: Test Drive: 2013 Dodge Journey R/T Rallye AWD
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 08:34:03 am »
Every time I read a review of the Journey I am impressed with its value proposition. Lots of good content here and the cargo is very flexible allowing a 3rd row as an option on all trims and a flat (or nearly flat) folded second row that extends to the passenger seat for long items.

The only minor thing missing that is in competitors these days is a more aggressive or "locked" awd setting.

Offline redman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +100/-298
  • Make mine a flat white, triple shot.
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2010 Subaru Legacy Limited, 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT son's
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 08:59:54 am »
Good review on a vehicle I see tons of around here.
Really looks different dolled up with options compared to it's base line version.
My only beef is that I found the rear foot space tight.
I can't see this particular 4 cyl base engine being around much longer.
Past New (8yrs) Car Dealer for : BMW, Lexus, Nissan and Toyota<br />Past Used Vehicle Dealer: All Makes and Models. Seen a lot of it. Drove a lot of it. <br />Four-stroke Otto Engine 1876. Modern timer, pop-up toaster 1919 keep convincing yourself that you have the "latest appliance".

Offline Frontier1

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +25/-245
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 09:13:26 am »
These things are all over the place, I find it attractive, good value.

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +702/-1347
  • “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.”
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2013, 09:18:19 am »
Whats this, 0-60 times in an Autos review?  :fall: The R/T badge does nothing and my V6 Venza smokes these things.  :sleep:

Offline Frontier1

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2013, 09:26:18 am »
0-60 times does zilch for me in this category, not info I even think of seeking.

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +702/-1347
  • “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.”
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2013, 10:30:37 am »
0-60 times does zilch for me in this category, not info I even think of seeking.

Agree 100%. So why stick an R/T badge on a minivan? Why post 0-60 times in the review and none for cars that excel in that category? Dodge affixes the R/T badge to anything and it dilutes the brand.  One thing about FGC's, when they stick RS, AMG, or M on a car it means something.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1423/-2113
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2013, 10:36:41 am »

Agree 100%. So why stick an R/T badge on a minivan? Why post 0-60 times in the review and none for cars that excel in that category? Dodge affixes the R/T badge to anything and it dilutes the brand.  One thing about FGC's, when they stick RS, AMG, or M on a car it means something.

Thats been a pet peeve of mine for years, minivans, trucks and lame sedans with R/T badging, youre right, when ze germans stick an M or AMG badge, thats an actual performance model, not some pathetic vehicle with bigger wheels and striped floormats........Id like to ask Dodge, whats the lap time of the Journey around Laguna Seca??
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline Frontier1

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2013, 10:46:19 am »

Agree, in the same breath "SE" is equally overused when it's supposed to mean sport.  Plastic cladding, different grill, same engine ::)

Northernridge

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2013, 10:53:57 am »

Thats been a pet peeve of mine for years, minivans, trucks and lame sedans with R/T badging, youre right, when ze germans stick an M or AMG badge, thats an actual performance model, not some pathetic vehicle with bigger wheels and striped floormats........Id like to ask Dodge, whats the lap time of the Journey around Laguna Seca??

One quibble...The new 5 Series has an M appearance package that includes pasting the M badge prominently in several places and yet has zero performance upgrades. There was a 528 (4cyl) example at last year's TO auto show. I thought it was an M5 but the bmw rep set me straight...it was a factory poser car. Mercedes also has an AMG appearance package on a few models but thankfully I don't think it includes AMG badges.

Offline redman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +100/-298
  • Make mine a flat white, triple shot.
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2010 Subaru Legacy Limited, 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT son's
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2013, 10:58:51 am »

One quibble...The new 5 Series has an M appearance package that includes pasting the M badge prominently in several places and yet has zero performance upgrades. There was a 528 (4cyl) example at last year's TO auto show. I thought it was an M5 but the bmw rep set me straight...it was a factory poser car. Mercedes also has an AMG appearance package on a few models but thankfully I don't think it includes AMG badges.

That's simply idiotic by the manufactures as it only diminishes their hard earned branding and is a short term marketing ploy that will kill the badge. Nothing wrong with exclusivity, since there are those willing to pay for it. What next GM stealing the GTO monicker from Ferrari.   :rofl:

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2013, 11:00:08 am »

The amg or m packs include performance tires, stiffer suspension, usually an LSD rear. The R/T packs are always appearance only....plus a 5 series is a sporty sedan.....the Journey and Caravan are not.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2013, 11:01:28 am »

That's simply idiotic by the manufactures as it only diminishes their hard earned branding and is a short term marketing ploy that will kill the badge. Nothing wrong with exclusivity, since there are those willing to pay for it. What next GM stealing the GTO monicker from Ferrari.   :rofl:
:rofl: Ask around and see how many GM fans actually know what the O in GTO actually means.

Offline canuckystan

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +5/-58
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2013, 11:03:38 am »
Wait 3 years and buy it at 50% off.

Offline carcrazed

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +39/-88
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Forester Touring; 2009 Civic EX-L
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2013, 11:04:12 am »
Audi's S-line package doesn't change any of the car's performance, either.

Dodge/Chrysler has SRT division for the performance-enhanced versions of their cars.

Offline carcrazed

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +39/-88
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Forester Touring; 2009 Civic EX-L
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2013, 11:05:28 am »

You could say that for almost every American cars out there..  ::)

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2013, 11:08:12 am »

3 years.....drive around block, go back to dealer and cry.

Offline Vanstar

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +40/-236
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Acura TL, 2015 Kia Rio5
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2013, 11:27:45 am »

Good idea just make sure you buy the  best Chrysler Gold Plan factory warranty to go with.  You'll still save a lot of money and you'll sure be using it...it's a Fiatsler, after all. Count of $4000 for 160,000 km of protection.
I'd never join a group that would have me as a member.

Offline easyrider

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +11/-96
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 11 journey, 11 mazda 3
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2013, 11:34:47 am »

Then why are you whining about your Venza smoking these things? for the record I had a venza try and smoke me, he got smoked .

Offline PJ

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +64/-153
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2013, 11:49:43 am »

Agree, in the same breath "SE" is equally overused when it's supposed to mean sport.  Plastic cladding, different grill, same engine ::)

SE normally means Special Edition.