Author Topic: Auto Tech: 2014 Nissan Rogue Electronic Chassis Control  (Read 4167 times)

Offline Autos_Editor

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +91/-560
    • View Profile
Auto Tech: 2014 Nissan Rogue Electronic Chassis Control
« on: February 28, 2014, 06:27:23 am »

Advanced Chassis Technology Drives Winter Stability in Latest Nissan Rogue.

Read More...

Offline bensonc

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +1/-20
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2013 Venza AWD
Re: Auto Tech: 2014 Nissan Rogue Electronic Chassis Control
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 08:44:57 am »
that is innovative !!
I search youtube for how it work, amazing !!
http://youtu.be/zXywlI1XJKg

Offline sly

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +2/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 09:19:00 am »
Nothing new here. Mitsubishi has had that for years with AWC for All Wheel Control or even Super AWC on the Lancer Evolution...

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +774/-2131
  • This forum is making me almost as bitter as SirO
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '23 Mazda CX-50 Turbo; '11 Fozzie XT
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2014, 11:46:26 am »
I'm actually really impressed - I like attention to detail, and this seems to be some fine attention.  As a non-Nissan fan, I provide a head nod to Nissan and will discuss this as a good move.
My brother HATES his Rogue, but maybe this new one is worth a garner after all?

...if the sales peeps stop calling him every other day, 9 months in advance of his lease expiry date.  He's mightily pissed and has respectfully asked that they not contact him for another 8 months as he has no intention on trading his in early (mostly because he won't deal with that particular dealership, even if he does get a new Rogue - which he likely won't - likely a Honda Odyssey).

Offline nlm

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +58/-82
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 12:03:50 pm »
Nothing new here. Mitsubishi has had that for years with AWC for All Wheel Control or even Super AWC on the Lancer Evolution...

S-AWC is different. It is active torque distribution where torque is shifted front/rear and also from side to side on the rear axle. Power is applied to the outside wheel, pushing the vehicle through a turn.

This is kinda similar to "torque-vectoring" using brakes on the Focus but instead of actively applying power to the outside wheel like in the S-AWC system it reduces speed on the inside wheel, pulling the vehicle through a turn. It seems Nissan takes the brake-vectoring in a different way than Ford and uses it as a complement to the suspension system.

Offline MR2Pritch

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +30/-45
    • View Profile
  • Cars: I-Mark, 240sx, MR2 GTS
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2014, 09:55:29 am »
^ this

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +774/-2131
  • This forum is making me almost as bitter as SirO
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '23 Mazda CX-50 Turbo; '11 Fozzie XT
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2014, 01:25:11 pm »
It seems Nissan takes the brake-vectoring in a different way than Ford and uses it as a complement to the suspension system.
...which I think is impressive, innovative, and a good selling feature.  I think they need to up the marketing of this.

One of the biggest complaints on the previous gen Rogue (by my brother and many others) was the ride quality and stiff suspension.  We all thought that Nissan did a powertrain and suspension carryover (which is, in part, true), but they need to let the world know that they did more.  Marketing is very, very important in the auto industry.

Offline EV-Light

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +125/-1490
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2014, 10:53:48 pm »
It seems Nissan takes the brake-vectoring in a different way than Ford and uses it as a complement to the suspension system.
...which I think is impressive, innovative, and a good selling feature.  I think they need to up the marketing of this.

One of the biggest complaints on the previous gen Rogue (by my brother and many others) was the ride quality and stiff suspension.  We all thought that Nissan did a powertrain and suspension carryover (which is, in part, true), but they need to let the world know that they did more.  Marketing is very, very important in the auto industry.

Being the previous owner of a 2011, I have to absolutely agree and add to that list: the engine/transmission combo is just terrible. I sold mine after owning it for 14 months, just couldn't take it anymore.