Author Topic: Family Sedan Suggestions  (Read 23498 times)

Offline ThePointblank

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +6/-2
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota RAV4
Re: Family Sedan Suggestions
« Reply #100 on: April 03, 2015, 11:38:51 pm »

BTW the Touring + Techs are pretty rare on dealer lots. Here in Montreal, only 1/4 dealers I visited had one, and that was only due to an error. I ended up ordering one last week, which is a 3 months wait. Not sure how long you can wait, but it might be wise to wait for the 2nd year model -bound to be fixes on the first year refresh.

Noticing that right now... checked the inventory on all of the dealers, and only one dealer has 1 in stock. I can live with the exterior colour of Lapis Blue Pearl, but the interior is a beige, and I want a black interior. Guess I'm going to have to order one...

Offline ThePointblank

• Learner's Permit
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 19, 2015, 12:21:03 am »
Update: A Subaru Legacy with Touring & Technology Package in the colour I want is a rare bird. I've been asking dealers around if they can order one in, and the one dealer that has one but in my less preferable colour has bowed out. I'm going to probably going to have to keep my options open at this time.

Offline ThePointblank

• Learner's Permit
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 23, 2015, 09:07:58 pm »
So, this is what has happened;

I went to dealer #1. The sales person didn't even want to budge on pricing, and told me to expect a Legacy sometime in July-August. As soon as he told me that, I walked away, as he was wasting my time.

Dealer #2. Told me outright that he could not secure a Touring + Technology Package. But he could work with me and get a Limited + Technology and get it as a dealer trade from another dealer. The rep here didn't bother to waste my time and laid out the options for me, and gave me a good price. End result was that we had a deal within half an hour of sitting down.

So I now have a deal for a Subaru Legacy Limited with Technology, subject to the dealership securing the vehicle. They will let me know tomorrow if they got the vehicle. Hope it pans out.  :)

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #103 on: April 23, 2015, 09:14:52 pm »
It always sucks the rare time you want to make a new car purchase, and they don't have what you want.  And its not even what you want, they give you a choice of 3 or 4 trims, and 5 or 6 colours.  And they can't keep their end.  What bothers me even more, is when it's beginning of the year, and they don't have it... How could you not have it! 

I am sure the dealership trade will work out, mine was.  Congrats!  fellow AJAC winner..

Offline ThePointblank

• Learner's Permit
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 23, 2015, 09:19:10 pm »
Well, it the dealer sales manager that I worked with at the second dealer, and he was pretty confident on getting the deal done as he said that dealer owed him a pretty big favour.

He had the option of two colours in that dealer trade, both of which was acceptable to me. So, either way, if he secures it, I'm happy.

FYI, if anyone wants to know which dealers were involved, I can tell you.

Offline ThePointblank

• Learner's Permit
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: April 26, 2015, 05:30:48 am »
Update: Dealer has confirmed they have secured the vehicle. I'm getting a 2015 Subaru Legacy Limited w/ Technology Package in Twilight Blue Metallic.

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #106 on: April 26, 2015, 09:28:13 am »
:thumbup:

Offline 2JDM

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +119/-141
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 26, 2015, 10:13:09 am »
 :thumbup: :thumbup:

Offline jman72

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +6/-5
  • petrolhead
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2010 Golf GTI
« Reply #108 on: April 26, 2015, 10:35:10 am »
Congratulations :thumbup: Next stop, Show & Shine!

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #109 on: April 26, 2015, 10:48:59 pm »
Update: Dealer has confirmed they have secured the vehicle. I'm getting a 2015 Subaru Legacy Limited w/ Technology Package in Twilight Blue Metallic.

Excellent.

And as you might have noticed, owning either a Subaru or a Miata (or both, lol) puts you in plenty of company around here.

Offline ThePointblank

• Learner's Permit
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 27, 2015, 04:01:03 am »

Excellent.

And as you might have noticed, owning either a Subaru or a Miata (or both, lol) puts you in plenty of company around here.

Yup. I always wanted a Subaru, but back then, when I bought my RAV4, I was forced to pick a Toyota product.

Now, for weather mats; WeatherTech or Husky Liners?

Offline ThePointblank

• Learner's Permit
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 06, 2015, 11:40:38 pm »
Ok, some concerning news has come out of the dealer.

I've been hounding the sales manager for a fixed date as to when he would have the vehicle ready for pickup. He finally told me today that the other lot has backed out of the trade, and they have a customer waiting on the car as well. Seems completely contradictory to what was told to me by the sales person that they have secured the vehicle. After a very tersely worded e-mail on the front about the fact that his team mislead me, he's going to double check to see if the vehicle isn't already enroute or already on his lot.  ???

Seems very suspicious, and the agreement I have with the dealer stipulates that he has the vehicle by tomorrow or else I get my deposit back automatically.

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #112 on: May 07, 2015, 07:34:27 am »
That sucks, if something came up, miscommunication or whatever, the dealer should have known before you.  Call you to address the issue, and see what they can do for you.  Find another vehicle, give you a deal on a higher trim, or something.   Now they risk losing a customer... and bad word of mouth...

Offline ThePointblank

• Learner's Permit
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 07, 2015, 03:35:36 pm »
So, another update.

Met with the sales manager. Basically in a nutshell, he doesn't know where the car he had brought in is. He got it from a dealer in Trail, BC and the other dealer isn’t returning phone calls as to where the car is. For all he knows, it could be on the truck, or still at the other dealer's lot.

After conferring with him, and checking on when he has his 2016's coming in (he actually has a 2016 coming in the exact colour and trim I ordered), I elected to get the refund, and told him to give me a shout as to when the car comes in.

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #114 on: May 07, 2015, 04:16:48 pm »
That sucks but think you made the right decision. I honestly think a lot of dealers will say they can get you the car you want before they know IF they can get you the car you want. Not saying that is what they did but I've heard that story many times.