Author Topic: 2017 Subaru Impreza (sport) sedan  (Read 7140 times)

Offline lebowski

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +96/-70
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Car: '06 Legacy GT Wagon 5-speed. Rich corinthian leather upholstery. Roof rack. AM/FM/CD.
Re: 2017 Subaru Impreza (sport) sedan
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2016, 06:07:02 pm »

Slow down....Isn't it only 4 more hp?  Baby steps.  :P

Subaru gave the 2017 Impreza direct injection, increasing horsepower to 152 from 148.

jeez, well you can't blame a guy for dreaming  :P

Info video from Subaru

https://youtu.be/FOap1lkwtAk

Have to say I'm really liking the hatch.

Me too. And frankly I really liked the looks of the pre-2017 hatch. It really is a great car - the power thing notwithstanding.

Offline CarFly

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +5/-6
  • Cars: Good times:) Bad investment ;/
    • View Profile
  • Cars: MG Midget, Ford Falcon, Mazda RX-experimental rotary engine, Pontiac Firebird 350, Yamaha 500cc, Yamaha 850cc, Harley-Davidson LowRider 1340cc, VW Beetle, Mazda 3, Pontiac Sunfire 2.4 GT Coupe
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2016, 07:56:37 pm »

Slow down....Isn't it only 4 more hp?  Baby steps.  :P

Subaru gave the 2017 Impreza direct injection, increasing horsepower to 152 from 148.

jeez, well you can't blame a guy for dreaming  :P

Info video from Subaru

https://youtu.be/FOap1lkwtAk

Have to say I'm really liking the hatch.

Me too. And frankly I really liked the looks of the pre-2017 hatch. It really is a great car - the power thing notwithstanding.

Yes… The hatch looks really nice and looks a bit like a "Crossover" to me, it seems like you could put a lot of stuff in there too.  I wonder if the hatch is a lot heavier than the Sport Sedan?  It would be hard to choose  ???  I think that they have risen above Subaru's conservative styling tendencies on both the Sport Sedan and their Hatch, I might evan buy one  8)
LETS' DO THE "TIME WARP"... AGAIN!!!

Offline CarFly

• Learner's Permit
    • View Profile
  • Cars: MG Midget, Ford Falcon, Mazda RX-experimental rotary engine, Pontiac Firebird 350, Yamaha 500cc, Yamaha 850cc, Harley-Davidson LowRider 1340cc, VW Beetle, Mazda 3, Pontiac Sunfire 2.4 GT Coupe
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2016, 08:16:22 pm »
I wonder if Subaru would void your warranty if you had it rust sprayed with Krown?  I like to rust spray a new car before it sees any salt at all and do it every Autumn afterwards, I have done this with my Pontiac Sunfire eighteen years ago and still has no rust to speak of, it preserves your car amazingly well.

Offline carcrazed

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +39/-88
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Forester Touring; 2009 Civic EX-L
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2016, 03:39:05 pm »
I highly doubt Krowning your car avoids warranty. Some of the sales guys on the forum may be able to confirm that.

Offline CarFly

• Learner's Permit
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2016, 03:42:39 pm »
I highly doubt Krowning your car avoids warranty. Some of the sales guys on the forum may be able to confirm that.

Thanks Plenty!  They say that if you bring a new car to them (Krown), for a few dollars more, they will get right in there and give it an extra thorough application, if rust has no place to start, it will never be an issue, although I have heard that some Manufacturers might give you a hard time if they (Krown) drill holes into the car and spray inside and plug the holes with plastic plugs?

Sorry for wondering off topic a bit, but as you can see, I hate rust and resent what it has done to previous cars that I have owned :o

Offline 84im

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +24/-81
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 BMW X1, 2003 Chevy Tracker, 1974 VW Dune Buggy, and 1974 VW Thing
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2016, 05:51:55 pm »
Read this article on Krown rust proofing from the Automobile Protection Association:

http://www.apa.ca/readarticle.asp?id=1
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kickboxing.

Offline CarFly

• Learner's Permit
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2016, 04:45:30 pm »
Read this article on Krown rust proofing from the Automobile Protection Association:

http://www.apa.ca/readarticle.asp?id=1

Thanks soo much for the awesome link!!!  It puts the whole issue into a nutshell and confirms my suspicions about "Dealership rustproofing".  I don't know why Dealerships try to ward their customers of getting their cars properly rustproofed by Krown, I think that the worst advertising possible is to see a car that has become a "rust bucket" over several years, I can only suppose that its GREED >:(

Offline CarFly

• Learner's Permit
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2016, 06:25:43 pm »
Impreza is an excellent car for what it is, if you need/want AWD - and for these purposes, let’s assume that you do.

I haven’t driven the 2017 version but have some solid seat time in a 2014. Based on the intended use of your car (urban runabout, not a lot of highway cruising or road trips) and coming out of a Sunfire, i think you’ll be plenty happy with the power.

The lack of power that some (myself included) complain about really only becomes apparent when you’re on the highway and/or the car is loaded up. For around town and just going from stoplight to stoplight, provided the car isn’t stuffed to the gills with people/cargo, she’s plenty peppy IMHO.

And of course, to state the obvious, you should really just take one out for a test drive and see for yourself  :)

I just received an e-mail from J. D. Power, they have rated the 2016 Impreza as most reliable small sedan in it's class, I really hope that they can bring that over to the new and improved 2017 model. I hate to be the first kid on the block to buy a re-engineered car, but I am overdue to replace my current car, perhaps I will just have to trust Subaru's good record and go for it  :-\