Author Topic: Some People ...  (Read 450441 times)

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7197
    • View Profile
Re: Some People ...
« Reply #340 on: July 25, 2016, 05:33:19 pm »
oh it's not my fault.... and i should have said no.

You really should have said no.  No wonder wifey is angry.  It almost looks like you're rather work than spend a whole week with her!   :rofl2: :rofl:

How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #341 on: July 25, 2016, 06:52:27 pm »
Has to get the Jeep Employee discount somehow....

But in all seriousness, sorry to hear Mike.

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #342 on: July 25, 2016, 07:05:00 pm »
Lots of hot dudes on Erie beaches this Summer..just saying  :o :o ..was down there at Kettle Creek Inn  Port Stanley for our anniversary...wall to wall babes too.... 8) 8) .....Honest I never even peeked..... :-* ..
Time is to stop everything happening at once

Offline wing

• Big Wig
  • Administrator
  • Carma: +279/-320
  • If you ain't first ... you're last!
    • View Profile
    • Drivesideways
  • Cars: 2009 Lexus ISF, 2009 Lexus LX570,2011 Audi A5 Touring Car
« Reply #343 on: July 25, 2016, 08:29:02 pm »
Hey it's not always the customer that makes no sense, sometimes the sales people are smoking something.  Like this guy I dealt with today.

I see post for 2015 Honda Grom from a Dealer on kijiji  so I send him a message.

Me:  Hi, do you take trade ins?  I have a 2011 Honda Ruckus I would like to trade in towards your bike.
Him:  Hi, what size Ruckus?
me: Confused, because there is only one Ruckus in 2011 but there was a "Large" ruckus in 2004/05 so I'll give them that... I reply ... It is a normal / small ruckus, 49cc
Him: This is a 125cc Grom, you can get more info on honda's website

Do I even reply to this?  WTF is he smoking?

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7197
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: July 25, 2016, 08:45:51 pm »
Hey it's not always the customer that makes no sense, sometimes the sales people are smoking something.  Like this guy I dealt with today.

I see post for 2015 Honda Grom from a Dealer on kijiji  so I send him a message.

Me:  Hi, do you take trade ins?  I have a 2011 Honda Ruckus I would like to trade in towards your bike.
Him:  Hi, what size Ruckus?
me: Confused, because there is only one Ruckus in 2011 but there was a "Large" ruckus in 2004/05 so I'll give them that... I reply ... It is a normal / small ruckus, 49cc
Him: This is a 125cc Grom, you can get more info on honda's website

Do I even reply to this?  WTF is he smoking?

WTF??

Kawasaki is making a Grom now...it's called the Z125 Pro.

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: July 25, 2016, 09:13:32 pm »
Had to look that up, Honda Ruckus, never heard of it.  Also never heard of the Grom.  Kind of a smaller, lighter version of the CB300.  Obviously, I am a novice with motorcycles.

Offline petetherocker

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2012 JGC Overland, 3.6L
« Reply #346 on: July 25, 2016, 11:55:51 pm »
this month has been rough....

that guy who stole two trucks obviously is no longer working here... the other new guy resigned last monday... one guy is on his scheduled holiday...

that leaves me and one other sales guy this week. i was supposed to have it off too... my wife is pissed at me... she rented a cottage on lake erie so i'm commuting from there to work each day.

As others have said, you should of said NO.   There will always be, grass to mow, house repairs to tackle, family functions to attend,  kids to shuttle off to somewhere, work emergencies, yada, yada, yada,   If you let it (that's the kicker) If you let it, there will always be a reason NOT to do something you like/want, you can't let that get in your way.   You can't let 'life' get in the way of 'life'.

I have a buddy who keeps telling me he wants to go fishing with me.  But every time I ask him, he can't because he's GOT SOMETHING to do.  I said, we'll lets book something (a day), he still hasn't.  Been about 5 years now.  I stopped asking.

Gettin down of my soapbox now.

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-516
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Honda Passport Touring, 2006 SLK 55 AMG
« Reply #347 on: July 26, 2016, 08:24:03 am »
oh it's not my fault.... and i should have said no. but there is no one else who can cover... i would prefer to come in than have another douchbag hired because they rush it.
You're gonna get employee of the "month" buddy, I can sense it ;)

Sent from my SM-G850W using Tapatalk

You live everyday. You only die once....

Offline EV-Light

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +125/-1490
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: July 26, 2016, 10:33:00 am »
oh it's not my fault.... and i should have said no.

You really should have said no.  No wonder wifey is angry.  It almost looks like you're rather work than spend a whole week with her!   :rofl2: :rofl:

disagree...wife needs to understand this is a special situation at work for which he will likely be rewarded later for showing his commitment to the dealer.
No reason why to make his life miserable because of that....men tolerate way too much BS from women, we need to stand up for ourselves.

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +254/-768
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #349 on: July 26, 2016, 11:10:19 am »
Unfortunately showing this kind of commitment doesn't always result in reward. Obviously we don't know whether that is true or not in this particular scenario but I see too many people whose loyalty to the company they work for is not reciprocated.

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: July 26, 2016, 12:45:42 pm »
Unfortunately showing this kind of commitment doesn't always result in reward. Obviously we don't know whether that is true or not in this particular scenario but I see too many people whose loyalty to the company they work for is not reciprocated.

Exactly, we don't know the details, and none of our business. Tooscoops, just needs to vent.  And saying men put up with women too much is BS. 

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #351 on: July 26, 2016, 01:09:27 pm »

:iagree:

It's very easy to have the exception turn into the expectation.

I'm sure tooscoops has the appropriate reading of the situation.
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken

Offline carcrazed

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +39/-88
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Forester Touring; 2009 Civic EX-L
« Reply #352 on: July 26, 2016, 02:23:45 pm »
That guy was a jackass for what he did.  You telling him to do the homework himself, would have been the kindest thing I would have said.

Offline EV-Light

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +125/-1490
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: July 26, 2016, 07:00:05 pm »

I agree with that...but I totally assumed Toos has good relationship with bosses!

But it's interesting, if you aren't committed you will never make to the top - some people don't want that, and that's fine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline CanuckS2K

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +398/-316
    • View Profile
    • Prestige Auto Detail
  • Cars: 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 2005 Honda S2000, 2014 Infiniti Q50S, 2017 Ford F-150 Lariat
« Reply #354 on: July 26, 2016, 07:45:32 pm »

I agree with that...but I totally assumed Toos has good relationship with bosses!

But it's interesting, if you aren't committed you will never make to the top - some people don't want that, and that's fine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And on the flip side, lots of folks that are committed and loyal to their company and their role get fvcked over all the time. 

In TS's situation, I would say it's totally an issue on the Employer's part and zero on the Employee. 
Owner - Prestige Auto Detailing & Hammond River Brewing

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +325/-227
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
« Reply #355 on: July 29, 2016, 10:14:49 am »
meh... i like the dealership (or wherever i work) to be successful. sometime it means some sacrifices on my end, but i like to think it works in my favour, be it from compensation, certain freedoms i'm given, or just karma!

so today's fun one was in the shop... guy who comes in, tells us that he is a difficult customer from the get-go... has a 16 ram with 20k on the clock... first time we've seen him, so we look it up... been to three dealers before us, never gone back to any, so tells us he is either just not loyal at all, has been booted from the other dealers, or they have upset him somehow.

his complaint is that there is a very slight vibration at highway speeds... "so what speed is that for you?", "between 150-160".

hmm... we tell him that a) we can't road test for that, and b) at those speeds, you are bound to have a less smooth ride being that you are driving a pick-up truck.

"if a ferrari can drive 240km/h smoothly, i should expect this can handle nearly 100km/h less. i paid a lot of money for it, so i expect it to do what i want".

I looked up the warranty info on his truck from the other dealers, nearly every problem was a"fault not found", or "unable to duplicate customers concerns at this time"... that translates to, "customer is a dick, so we aren't going to spend the time to fix things that aren't broken".

so guys, don't be like this guy. be realistic, loyal, and just friendly and people will want to help you.
i used to be addicted to soap, but i'm clean now

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #356 on: July 29, 2016, 10:41:27 am »
meh... i like the dealership (or wherever i work) to be successful. sometime it means some sacrifices on my end, but i like to think it works in my favour, be it from compensation, certain freedoms i'm given, or just karma!

so today's fun one was in the shop... guy who comes in, tells us that he is a difficult customer from the get-go... has a 16 ram with 20k on the clock... first time we've seen him, so we look it up... been to three dealers before us, never gone back to any, so tells us he is either just not loyal at all, has been booted from the other dealers, or they have upset him somehow.

his complaint is that there is a very slight vibration at highway speeds... "so what speed is that for you?", "between 150-160".

hmm... we tell him that a) we can't road test for that, and b) at those speeds, you are bound to have a less smooth ride being that you are driving a pick-up truck.

"if a ferrari can drive 240km/h smoothly, i should expect this can handle nearly 100km/h less. i paid a lot of money for it, so i expect it to do what i want".

I looked up the warranty info on his truck from the other dealers, nearly every problem was a"fault not found", or "unable to duplicate customers concerns at this time"... that translates to, "customer is a dick, so we aren't going to spend the time to fix things that aren't broken".

so guys, don't be like this guy. be realistic, loyal, and just friendly and people will want to help you.

What if he is a pain in the @ss, but there really is a vibration that should be sorted out?

Choosing a car based on reliability is like choosing a wife based solely because she is punctual. There is more to it than that...

Offline aquadorhj

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +271/-265
    • View Profile
  • Cars: MB SLK 55, Lexus NX, E46 M3, Honda Fit, VW Jetta, VW Rabbit, Saturn SC, Nissan NX,
« Reply #357 on: July 29, 2016, 10:48:22 am »

What if he is a pain in the @ss, but there really is a vibration that should be sorted out?

totally, bob, vibration issues drive me mad.   

but at the same time, it's a f-king truck. a literal brick with a chute on its as$.    how is the dealership supposed to duplicate going 150?  where are they supposed to test that?

Driving thrills makes my wallet lighter.. and therefore makes me faster because i'm shedding weight... :D

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +325/-227
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
« Reply #358 on: July 29, 2016, 11:09:37 am »
yep. we can't do something illegal to test your truck. we can assume and rotate the tires for you and then let us know if the issue is still there... we can re-balance the wheels as well... but they are hard things to get approved by warranty as there was no diagnostic... is the problem persists, future warranty for that issue will likely be turned down.

had the truck been bought here and serviced here, we'd try to do that stuff under goodwill... being that he has never returned to a dealer after purchase or service, why would we do anything? while it's not great customer service, this is a business and our staff need to be paid to work... if we don't get paid to do said work, where does the money come from?

Offline revalations

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +101/-327
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Chrysler Lebaron
« Reply #359 on: July 29, 2016, 12:03:37 pm »
Had a customer at Ford with a similar concern. "truck has a vibration at 150km/h while in 4wd" It was a F350 diesel too.  :rofl2: