Author Topic: Electric Vehicle News Thread  (Read 727768 times)

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7197
    • View Profile
Re: Electric Vehicle News Thread
« Reply #200 on: February 03, 2016, 08:35:29 pm »
Instead of cancelling his order I would have bougth and given him Sailor's Mercedes, far worse punishment.. :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

Whoa, whoa, whoa.  Let's not be cruel!    :rofl:
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Cord

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +104/-115
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 03, 2016, 08:37:29 pm »
Was the event poorly organized? Sounds like it. Do you tell a chef "you should be ashamed of yourself", publicly, and still expect your soup to be served? I think not.

If it was a poorly organized, yes you tell the owner

I did that at a BMW dealer event , emailed the owner told him how his staffed behaved

The guy is a blogger and wrote an open letter to Musk, basically telling him "you suck". A personal email would be more appropriate I think.

C'mon. Ever looked at sites like Yelp, Dealer Rater, Google+ ? They are full of "open letters" to business owners complaining about poor service. I find it hard to believe that there would be an ounce of support for the business owner that banned the complainer.
"If we can just believe something then we don't have to really think for ourselves, do we?" Paul Haggis

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-383
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
« Reply #202 on: February 03, 2016, 08:37:38 pm »
. A personal email would be more appropriate I think.

For someone who's a petty cry baby?  Probably.

Business ethics. Have something to say? Be a man, pick up the phone and do it. Don't hurt the guy's business. The blogger is the one who's crying after being kicked out.
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach the man to fish and he wakes you up at 5 in the morning.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 03, 2016, 08:41:01 pm »

Business ethics. Have something to say? Be a man, pick up the phone and do it. Don't hurt the guy's business. The blogger is the one who's crying after being kicked out.

Yea, because one blogger dissatisfied with an event (not the car itself) is going to hurt his business?  Give me a facking break.

Musk is officially the "Soup Nazi" of the EV world.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 08:46:38 pm by rrocket »

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 03, 2016, 08:50:03 pm »

Yea, because one blogger dissatisfied with an event (not the car itself) is going to hurt his business?  Give me a facking break.

I'm just saying, a phone call would probably lead to a personal test drive and an apology. I see no over-reaction in what he got for being a d#ck.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 03, 2016, 08:54:30 pm »

I'm just saying, a phone call would probably lead to a personal test drive and an apology. I see no over-reaction in what he got for being a d#ck.

You are an unrepentant Musk fan boi, obviously. 

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 03, 2016, 09:15:37 pm »

Well, let's say I dig his work  ;D Can he be compared to Henry Ford for his contribution to automotive world? I think time will tell. Just like Ford, Musk has got his quirks though.  :P  Soup Nazi. LOL.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 09:17:23 pm by EV Dan »

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 03, 2016, 09:18:08 pm »

Well, let's say I dig his work  ;D Can he be compared to Henry Ford for his contribution to automotive world? I think time will tell. Just like Ford, Musk has got his quirks though.  :P  Soup Nazi. LOL.

I have a feeling if the GM CEO did this to someone (or VW CEO), your opinion would be different.

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 03, 2016, 09:25:38 pm »

I have a feeling if the GM CEO did this to someone (or VW CEO), your opinion would be different.

The former's cars kill their owners on occasion (ignition switches) and the latter's do too but slowly and not exclusively owners. So, yeah  ;)

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #209 on: February 03, 2016, 09:29:43 pm »
Was the event poorly organized? Sounds like it. Do you tell a chef "you should be ashamed of yourself", publicly, and still expect your soup to be served? I think not.

If it was a poorly organized, yes you tell the owner

I did that at a BMW dealer event , emailed the owner told him how his staffed behaved

Did he bar you from buying BMWs?
He passed me on to one of his minions  :rofl:

Offline bye

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +313/-518
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: February 03, 2016, 11:59:04 pm »
In other news, our Tesla has been awesome.   Thousand km in the past two weeks.   Guess the blogger is going to miss out on driving the best car currently sold.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 04, 2016, 12:08:25 am »
In other news, our Tesla has been awesome.   Thousand km in the past two weeks.   Guess the blogger is going to miss out on driving the best car currently sold.

Well if you don't count the less than average reliability and the premature replacement for the powertrain...   ::)

http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1101153_two-thirds-of-earliest-tesla-drive-trains-to-fail-in-60000-miles-owner-data-suggests
http://www.consumerreports.org/cars/tesla-reliability-doesnt-match-its-high-performance

« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 12:12:02 am by rrocket »

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 10, 2016, 09:37:25 pm »
Can you say,  Chevy Bolt.

No.  Still over $35K with incentives.

Offline Guy

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +478/-1141
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium, 2019 Volvo XC40 Momentum
« Reply #213 on: February 10, 2016, 10:45:52 pm »

After taxes, for a well equipped one.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 10, 2016, 10:47:20 pm »

After taxes, for a well equipped one.

After taxes for the base price.  Without freight.  And I'm guessing still higher yet for a loaded one.

Offline Guy

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 02, 2016, 06:52:29 pm »
http://www.bloomberg.com/features/2016-ev-oil-crisis/

By 2040, long-range electric cars will cost less than $22,000 (in today’s dollars), according to the projections. Thirty-five percent of new cars worldwide will have a plug.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile

Offline Guy

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 02, 2016, 07:22:37 pm »
http://www.businessinsider.com/tesla-is-taking-a-dive-2016-3

Yes saw that. Bumps in the road do happen.

They are driving on a cobblestone road..all bumps.  No profit projected (if things go as planned) until 2020.

Offline bye

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +313/-518
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 02, 2016, 09:06:07 pm »
No profit projected (if things go as planned) until 2020.

Well, at least they make the best cars available for purchase at the moment.  Little victories.