Author Topic: First Half Report: The Best of Autos.ca from 2014... so far  (Read 2183 times)

Offline ALin

• Administrator
  • Carma: +16/-24
  • WordPress Goon
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 1996 Toyota RAV4
July 1st marked more than the anniversary of our nation's founding, it was also the day when the Autos.ca editors had their semi-annual throwdown to determine the best articles of the past six months.

Read More...

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +774/-2131
  • This forum is making me almost as bitter as SirO
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '23 Mazda CX-50 Turbo; '11 Fozzie XT
Re: First Half Report: The Best of Autos.ca from 2014... so far
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 11:32:57 am »
Well, that was thorough.

...and well done!    I appreciate that it wasn't simply a list, but a well-written comedy run.  Thanks, Andy!

Offline ALin

• Administrator
  • WordPress Goon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 09:37:29 pm »
Aww. Thanks!

Had some practice with the weekly digests before plunging into this list. It's actually quite interesting which pages are the most popular. You'd think it might be the luxury/exotic cars, but the bread-and-butter stuff stays for months.

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 09:52:47 pm »
Aww. Thanks!

Had some practice with the weekly digests before plunging into this list. It's actually quite interesting which pages are the most popular. You'd think it might be the luxury/exotic cars, but the bread-and-butter stuff stays for months.

Not surprised at all.  Don't even bother reading the articles, that have vehicles with a price tag over $60k.  I am sure they are well written.  But I am not going to comment on a vehicle that I will never buy, or test drive.

Offline ALin

• Administrator
  • WordPress Goon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2014, 01:14:29 am »
Aww. Thanks!

Not surprised at all.  Don't even bother reading the articles, that have vehicles with a price tag over $60k.  I am sure they are well written.  But I am not going to comment on a vehicle that I will never buy, or test drive.

Guess I never thought of it like that. I mean, I agree with you completely, but I would have attributed that to my not "getting" cars (or my being weird/boring). The average hatchback/crossover/wagon isn't exciting, but I find that the fierce competition really forces the different manufacturers to come up with something special ("unique selling proposition", if we want to get all jargony about it), and ultimately, I appreciate that a lot more than torque and horsepower.