Author Topic: Bossman's Porsche is up for sale  (Read 27743 times)

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
Re: Bossman's Porsche is up for sale
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2016, 11:03:17 am »
Nice ride. Why is he selling it?
Because the partner of a law firm can't be caught dead in a 2012. That's Sooooo 2012 - he needs to get with the times.

...or something.

so who was caught dead in the car........a new episode of 48 hours airs TO-NITE :popo: :popo: "Partners in Crime"
 a TO attorney disses a Corolla driver and PAYS the PRICE.................. :rofl2:
Time is to stop everything happening at once

Offline Hannibalsmith

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +101/-137
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Porsche Cayman GTS 4.0, 2015 BMW 335i, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Offroad
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2016, 12:13:35 pm »
Because the partner of a law firm can't be caught dead in a 2012. That's Sooooo 2012 - he needs to get with the times.

...or something.

Probably wants the 991.2 version...I don't blame him either!
I love it when a plan comes together.

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +774/-2131
  • This forum is making me almost as bitter as SirO
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '23 Mazda CX-50 Turbo; '11 Fozzie XT
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2016, 12:40:51 pm »

...or something.

Geez, how do you get away with the Rolla then?   :rofl:

When's the big move up to O-town?  Will have to meet up for pints!
The 'Rolla gets laughed at daily.  I don't care - so long as I'm commuting for 45 mins each way, the more appliance-like, the better.

We get possession June 1 in Ottawa, moving furniture sometime mid month, and then moving there ourselves July 10 weekend after the honeymoon.

Pints that week 100%.

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +325/-227
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2016, 03:14:00 pm »
well fine! guess i've missed my chances for pints this way! ah well...

and i'm with you... a friend of mine was head of his department at fed-ex... drove a 14 year old civic while all his employees had new trucks... he had no one to impress... he did cave last summer when the civic finally died and bought a caddy... but opted for a 5 year old one.
i used to be addicted to soap, but i'm clean now

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2016, 06:04:58 pm »
I stopped caring a long time ago what other people thought about my car, or whatever.  I drive what I want, what I like, and spend as much or as little as I want.

That said, in certain circles/industries/etc it's easy to get caught up in the games.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7197
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2016, 07:24:48 pm »
I stopped caring a long time ago what other people thought about my car, or whatever.  I drive what I want, what I like, and spend as much or as little as I want.

Same here.  You don't like what I drive?  Either 1) STFU 2) Buy me/lease me a car and I'll drive what you want
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline lebowski

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +96/-70
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Car: '06 Legacy GT Wagon 5-speed. Rich corinthian leather upholstery. Roof rack. AM/FM/CD.
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2016, 07:41:38 pm »

That said, in certain circles/industries/etc it's easy to get caught up in the games.

^ This. I used to be judgemental of those sorts, but I've learned that in some industries it's merely the path of least resistance to own a nice car that suggests one is successful.

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-516
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Honda Passport Touring, 2006 SLK 55 AMG
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2016, 06:15:18 am »

...or something.

Geez, how do you get away with the Rolla then?   :rofl:

When's the big move up to O-town?  Will have to meet up for pints!
The 'Rolla gets laughed at daily.  I don't care - so long as I'm commuting for 45 mins each way, the more appliance-like, the better.

We get possession June 1 in Ottawa, moving furniture sometime mid month, and then moving there ourselves July 10 weekend after the honeymoon.

Pints that week 100%.
Sounds good, will see if we can get Angry Chicken, 5 Wheel Drive, Tortoise, etc.... to join as well.

Sent from my SM-G850W using Tapatalk

You live everyday. You only die once....

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2016, 09:47:55 am »
Appearances are important. Depending on your state of mind.

:foil:
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken

Offline lebowski

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Car: '06 Legacy GT Wagon 5-speed. Rich corinthian leather upholstery. Roof rack. AM/FM/CD.
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2016, 12:22:43 pm »
Appearances are important. Depending on your state of mind.

:foil:

Hehehe. I had to go back and Google the dialogue because it's just too good:

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0144084/quotes?qt=qt1760612

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2016, 01:45:39 pm »
I love that movie. My wife can't stand it cause she never worked in that world. The business card scene is sooooooo good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +325/-227
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2016, 02:01:26 pm »
is that embossed on bone?..... *sweat*

some industries, you have to look the part, even if it is ridiculous... a real estate agent shows up in an 87 taurus, i won't take them serious... a bentley, they are making too much off me... has to be in the middle.

i usually look at the car people drive and make judgements... who doesn't? but an inexpensive car can sometimes make me more impressed than a luxury rig... a well kept older civic shows common sense, logic and pride in ownership... a dirty leased porsche with a scuffed bumper and bald tires shows me that there is a lack of values, both financially and otherwise (ymmv).

Offline lebowski

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2016, 02:39:04 pm »

is that embossed on bone?..... *sweat*

some industries, you have to look the part, even if it is ridiculous... a real estate agent shows up in an 87 taurus, i won't take them serious... a bentley, they are making too much off me... has to be in the middle.

i usually look at the car people drive and make judgements... who doesn't? but an inexpensive car can sometimes make me more impressed than a luxury rig... a well kept older civic shows common sense, logic and pride in ownership... a dirty leased porsche with a scuffed bumper and bald tires shows me that there is a lack of values, both financially and otherwise (ymmv).

Now that I really think about it, i probably profile people based on their car - even if only passively - a dozen times a day. I'd venture to guess all of us here do it - knowing cars as well as we all do, it seems unavoidable.

And not just “is that guy rich or poor? Is he a douche or not?”, but more specific stuff:

“Oh, well-maintained E46 325i, without any aftermarket rims? Probably a good driver.”

“Mitsubishi Delica JDM van with surf stickers? Probably a slow driver, probably high.”

“1st Gen. Chrysler 300 Hemi with heavy tints and cartoonish aftermarket rims? Probably a drug dealer, don’t cut him off.”

Etc., etc.

Offline lebowski

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2016, 02:43:43 pm »
I love that movie. My wife can't stand it cause she never worked in that world. The business card scene is sooooooo good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha, it really is great - a wonderful time capsule (though I was too young to be aware of the "go-go" 1980's,  the late '90's dot.com bubble seemed to have a lot in common with it.)

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2016, 02:45:26 pm »
In Alberta, driving in traffic means...

Lifted Ram.
Lifted F150.
Stock Sierra
Lifted Ram.
Lifted Ram.
Lifted F150.
Stock F150 - what?
Raptor
Stock Sierra.

How can you judge people on their vehicle when everyone basically drives the same thing?

Offline lebowski

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2016, 02:50:37 pm »

Lifted Ram.
Lifted F150.
Stock Sierra
Lifted Ram.
Lifted Ram.
Lifted F150.
Stock F150 - what?
Raptor
Stock Sierra.

How can you judge people on their vehicle when everyone basically drives the same thing?

;D

Offline micha

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +11/-17
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 VW Golf R; 2019 VW Golf Sportwagen; 1998 Mercedes E320
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2016, 02:52:10 pm »

Lifted Ram.
Lifted F150.
Stock Sierra
Lifted Ram.
Lifted Ram.
Lifted F150.
Stock F150 - what?
Raptor
Stock Sierra.

;D

Must be a photo radar truck.

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2016, 03:13:46 pm »
Now that the weathers nice, I've been walking most evenings. A fair number of high end cars around.

Regular vehicles drive past without paying any mind to pedestrians. Almost to a person, the people driving the high end stuff are looking at pedestrians to see if anyone is watching them at them. Starved for attention that lot.

Offline lebowski

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2016, 03:54:07 pm »
Now that the weathers nice, I've been walking most evenings. A fair number of high end cars around.

Regular vehicles drive past without paying any mind to pedestrians. Almost to a person, the people driving the high end stuff are looking at pedestrians to see if anyone is watching them at them. Starved for attention that lot.

Not sure what neighborhood you live in but that is not the norm. Plenty of people drive nice cars, don't act like jerks.

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2016, 03:54:26 pm »

Lifted Ram.
Lifted F150.
Stock Sierra
Lifted Ram.
Lifted Ram.
Lifted F150.
Stock F150 - what?
Raptor
Stock Sierra.

No Silverado ?