Author Topic: Bossman's Porsche is up for sale  (Read 27779 times)

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
Re: Bossman's Porsche is up for sale
« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2016, 03:56:15 pm »
Now that the weathers nice, I've been walking most evenings. A fair number of high end cars around.

Regular vehicles drive past without paying any mind to pedestrians. Almost to a person, the people driving the high end stuff are looking at pedestrians to see if anyone is watching them at them. Starved for attention that lot.
Maybe with the down turn of the economy they looking for someone to buy their high end car  ???  :rofl:

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2016, 04:46:54 pm »
Now that the weathers nice, I've been walking most evenings. A fair number of high end cars around.

Regular vehicles drive past without paying any mind to pedestrians. Almost to a person, the people driving the high end stuff are looking at pedestrians to see if anyone is watching them at them. Starved for attention that lot.

Not sure what neighborhood you live in but that is not the norm. Plenty of people drive nice cars, don't act like jerks.

Last night it was pretty much one for one. A few Corvettes, a few convertible Mercedes and BMWs and a few Porsche 911s. All recent vintage, all striving to make eye contact with pedestrians. Most of them with a single hand flopped over the top of the steering wheel and bodies slouched to the side. That's what made it noticeable.

You're right. It's certainly not universal behaviour.

There's a guy somewhere close that has a new Bentley GTC. I've never seen him do it. Just another Joe in traffic. The same with the guy driving a Ferrari California. I've also seen him take the time to talk about his car with a dad and his son, who were admiring his car as he came out of a bank downtown. That was pretty classy, I thought.

The Harley and sportbike guys are the other groups that I find stand out for peacock behaviour.
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken

• Car Crazy
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2016, 04:47:48 pm »

Maybe with the down turn of the economy they looking for someone to buy their high end car  ???  :rofl:

That might be it.  ;D

Offline lebowski

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +96/-70
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Car: '06 Legacy GT Wagon 5-speed. Rich corinthian leather upholstery. Roof rack. AM/FM/CD.
« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2016, 04:59:17 pm »

Last night it was pretty much one for one. A few Corvettes, a few convertible Mercedes and BMWs and a few Porsche 911s. All recent vintage, all striving to make eye contact with pedestrians. Most of them with a single hand flopped over the top of the steering wheel and bodies slouched to the side. That's what made it noticeable.

There's a guy somewhere close that has a new Bentley GTC. I've never seen him do it. Just another Joe in traffic. The same with the guy driving a Ferrari California. I've also seen him take the time to talk about his car with a dad and his son, who were admiring his car as he came out of a bank downtown. That was pretty classy, I thought.

The Harley and sportbike guys are the other groups that I find stand out for peacock behaviour.

That does makes sense and I appreciate what you're saying.

Obviously it really depends on the locale or venue. The guy who's "stunting" (not even sure if i'm using that term correctly), slowly driving his 458 Italia down a major boulevard at 10pm on a Saturday night, revving the motor for attention? Peacock.

The guy who's gassing up his 458 at 6pm on a Tuesday at a suburban gas station, on his way home from the office? Probably a normal guy who looks forward to daily driving his pride and joy after a long day at the office.

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2016, 05:29:41 pm »

Not sure what neighborhood you live in but that is not the norm. Plenty of people drive nice cars, don't act like jerks.

Do you have picture of hand placement and body slouch, I need to take our Bimmer for a drive and want to get it right  ;D

• Car Crazy
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2016, 05:55:03 pm »

Do you have picture of hand placement and body slouch, I need to take our Bimmer for a drive and want to get it right  ;D

You'll also need hair product. Can't go wrong with a gold chain or two either. Oh, and a wrist clock.  ;D

Ice Cube is close stance-wise:

« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 05:59:07 pm by Sir Osis of Liver »

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +242/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2016, 06:00:12 pm »

I met an older guy like that a few years ago when he joined our motorsport club.  He had a nice Hayabusa I had seen him with before, but showed up in a  baby-barf yellow/green BMW E46 M3.   He seemed reasonable until he wanted to know where we street raced and where we "posed".  Curious,  I asked what he mean't be "posing".   Apparently it's when you park your car in a conspicuous spot and lean on it, then passersby will tell you what a nice car it is and you can tell them how great you are.

He did show up for an autocross, but never came back after he was trounced by a 20 year old Audi on Hercules tires.  :rofl:
Mr Pickypants

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1423/-2113
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2016, 06:07:13 pm »

I met an older guy like that a few years ago when he joined our motorsport club.  He had a nice Hayabusa I had seen him with before, but showed up in a  baby-barf yellow/green BMW E46 M3.   He seemed reasonable until he wanted to know where we street raced and where we "posed".  Curious,  I asked what he mean't be "posing".   Apparently it's when you park your car in a conspicuous spot and lean on it, then passersby will tell you what a nice car it is and you can tell them how great you are.

He did show up for an autocross, but never came back after he was trounced by a 20 year old Audi on Hercules tires.  :rofl:

I didn't know that was a real thing...I thought this was something that people just made of but never really happened.
Lighten up Francis.....

• Car Crazy
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2016, 06:22:08 pm »

^ ;D

A fair number of bikes used to congregate at the Coffee Mill on Prospect Street in Fredericton. They just hung out in the parking lot talking and watching traffic. I didn't get it. I'd spend that time riding.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2016, 06:24:22 pm »
A fair number of bikes used to congregate at the Coffee Mill on Prospect Street in Fredericton. They just hung out in the parking lot talking and watching traffic. I didn't get it. I'd spend that time riding.

A fair number of Harley and crotch rocketeers like to congregate on our main strip Tim Hortons, Whyte ave, during the summer and sit there...for hours....ogling each others bikes and being complete richards to anyone who is not on a bike.  ::)

Offline micha

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +11/-17
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 VW Golf R; 2019 VW Golf Sportwagen; 1998 Mercedes E320
« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2016, 06:52:07 pm »

A fair number of Harley and crotch rocketeers like to congregate on our main strip Tim Hortons, Whyte ave, during the summer and sit there...for hours....ogling each others bikes and being complete richards to anyone who is not on a bike.  ::)

I ride a crotch rocket, but the Whyte Ave Timmies is just too sketchy.. I'd be too worried about my bike to park it there.

And if you want to see people posing, try the Timmies on Gateway and 76th Ave. on a Friday night when the weather is nice..

Offline lebowski

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Car: '06 Legacy GT Wagon 5-speed. Rich corinthian leather upholstery. Roof rack. AM/FM/CD.
« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2016, 07:04:02 pm »

;D never heard that term before, will look forward to using it

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2016, 07:58:28 pm »

Its the PC way to call someone a d1ck in church [emoji12]

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7197
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2016, 07:59:46 pm »

You're a dick for bowing to PC pressure!   :rofl:
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline normancw

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +125/-132
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2016, 08:34:10 pm »

I've also never heard this before - is this an Alberta / western Canada term?
Don't fight it.  The sooner you get it the better.
― rrocket

Offline lebowski

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2016, 09:04:23 pm »

haha, very good. i go to synagogue twice a year, where yiddish swear words still reign supreme: "just look at that putz, wearing his yarmulke like a schmuck!"

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2016, 09:27:31 pm »

You're a dick for bowing to PC pressure!   :rofl:
I learned when my mom almost smacked my teeth out of my head l lol

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7197
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 04, 2016, 09:28:45 pm »
Why? Is her name Dick?

Offline bye

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +313/-518
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 05, 2016, 02:13:19 am »
Probably wants the 991.2 version...I don't blame him either!

Or he decided to get something more modern...Tesla vs 911 :   :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmXlgrrcDDM

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #59 on: May 05, 2016, 02:35:12 am »
I would expect the P90D to be a great performer.  It's over $150K.

P85/90D is very quick off the line thanks to instant torque, but it's not the fastest car on the planet as you seem to make it out to be.  Lots of vids show that from a rolling start, a GT3 or Turbo just walks away.  Even in drag races, the GT3 and Turbo are left initially, but then catch up and go by.