Author Topic: CD Article: 2009 Honda Accord EX-L V6 Navi  (Read 11975 times)

Offline Autos_Editor

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +91/-560
    • View Profile
CD Article: 2009 Honda Accord EX-L V6 Navi
« on: November 04, 2008, 10:29:48 pm »

Test Drive:
2009 Honda Accord EX-L V6 Navi

2009 Honda Accord EX-L V6 NaviOn a vacation in northern California's wine country, Contributing Editor Chris Chase discovered that the Accord V6 sedan has European driving feel, but like wine, whether you'll like it or not will be purely subjective.
 More:
Read the article | View the photos | All the Test Drives

Offline Frontier1

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +25/-245
    • View Profile
Re: CD Article: 2009 Honda Accord EX-L V6 Navi
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 06:05:50 am »
Let's hope it's better than the last generation, we remember reading about a number of issues.  Has anyone noticed no cylinders on the trunk lid?  OMG, protruding arms that will crush all your groceries!  Sorry could not resist. ;)

Honda Owner

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 04:46:20 pm »
Our trip was eight days in total, but only the second half of the week's travel was by car; for our first four days, we stayed in San Francisco which, like many big cities, is best explored via public transit. So, on the morning of day five, Honda was kind enough to deliver the car to our downtown hotel, and we struck out for points north.

Nice product launch. However, I would suspect anything more critical than trunk hinges would mean no invite next time.

Offline Frontier1

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 08:21:18 pm »
You see cars with protruding hinges will normally attract criticism here at CTC, but hey Honda can do no wrong ;)

Offline Ice

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +15/-25
  • 2009 Corolla XRS
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 08:23:53 pm »
Let's hope it's better than the last generation, we remember reading about a number of issues.  Has anyone noticed no cylinders on the trunk lid?  OMG, protruding arms that will crush all your groceries!  Sorry could not resist. ;)
That'd be allot of grocieries before you'd crush anything.  Trust me...the trunk is big!

Offline wing

• Big Wig
  • Administrator
  • Carma: +279/-320
  • If you ain't first ... you're last!
    • View Profile
    • Drivesideways
  • Cars: 2009 Lexus ISF, 2009 Lexus LX570,2011 Audi A5 Touring Car
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2008, 08:58:56 pm »
Our trip was eight days in total, but only the second half of the week's travel was by car; for our first four days, we stayed in San Francisco which, like many big cities, is best explored via public transit. So, on the morning of day five, Honda was kind enough to deliver the car to our downtown hotel, and we struck out for points north.

Nice product launch. However, I would suspect anything more critical than trunk hinges would mean no invite next time.

It wasn't a product launch.  Chris actually just went on vacation on his own dime -- but was lucky enough to get a "rental" for free out of it -- perk of the job I guess.

Offline chrischasescars

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +19/-31
  • The Voice of Reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2008, 11:26:54 pm »

It wasn't a product launch.  Chris actually just went on vacation on his own dime -- but was lucky enough to get a "rental" for free out of it -- perk of the job I guess.

Product launch? No, wing has it right: I was going to Cali on vacation, so asked Honda if I could borrow a car while I was there, in return for my doing a test drive.

Those ugly trunk hinges are a pet peeve of mine. I mention it every time I drive a sedan that has them, especially one that costs nearly $40,000.

We review things here: we're supposed to notice details.
I used to work here.

Offline Frontier1

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2008, 06:05:15 am »
Well I have those ugly hinges on my Altima and they don't bother me at all nor have they crushed anything yet.  What could I possibly put in there that will get crushed? 300 loafs of bread?  We're all impressed when we open a trunk and see fancy little cylinders attached to a cute little mechanism, the truth is that those bloody cylinders will crap out one day and not hold the lid, I'll stick to the tried and true.

UmroAyyar

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2008, 09:14:05 am »
Similar trunk hinges in my 2007 Toyota Camry. Those haven't bothered me yet, maybe when I try to pack two suitcases in the trunk.

Honda Owner

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2008, 02:59:46 pm »
You see cars with protruding hinges will normally attract criticism here at CTC, but hey Honda can do no wrong

Any car company can do wrong. This Accord is too flabby for my tastes.

Offline Schmengie

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +27/-26
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2008, 12:29:00 am »
You see cars with protruding hinges will normally attract criticism here at CTC, but hey Honda can do no wrong

Any car company can do wrong. This Accord is too flabby for my tastes.

:iagree: This thing's more like a Buick than a BMW. Too big, too flashy and too many buttons. I'll take the Mazda6 over the Accord any day.
' Saw an Alfalfa Romeeo go by - furrin sports car forty feet long, mebbe nine inches high.' - Charlie Farquharson

Offline jamie1

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +22/-20
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Acura TSX, 2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited ADI,2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata PRHT GT
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2008, 08:09:45 pm »
You see cars with protruding hinges will normally attract criticism here at CTC, but hey Honda can do no wrong ;)
My 09 TSX has hinges like that,BUT they go into a sleeve,so no groceries get crushed ;)
Enjoying the Alberta advantage

Honda Owner

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2008, 12:17:51 pm »
These hinges never need the struts replaced, either.

On another topic, I will keep driving my Fit until a five door that is in between the size of the Civic and the Accord and has a 2 litre engine is introduced.

Greg B.

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2008, 12:29:41 pm »
These hinges never need the struts replaced, either.

It's not a flaw; it's a FEATURE!!!!

::)

Offline Wolverine

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +2/-0
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Ford Focus sedan 2008 1.6 Flexfuel
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2008, 08:19:58 pm »
Sorry Honda, but this is nothing more than a generic BMW.

I have to say that, get rid of those f...ing hinges on the trunk, these belong to last century...
"If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and make a change."