Author Topic: Tesla bonds assigned "junk" status by S&P  (Read 9860 times)

Offline bye

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +313/-518
    • View Profile
Re: Tesla bonds assigned "junk" status by S&P
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2015, 07:16:35 pm »
Short TSLA if you feel so strongly, I dare you.

Anyway, CR posted a correction and a CR rep was doing the rounds on MSNBC and other places to back away from their "broken" claim. 

The Tesla was indeed fully able to drive, CR decided to post click bait and we are where we are on this topic.  Namely, Tesla is brilliant and sent someone to fix the problem, customer didn't have to take it in for service.  I wish my Mercedes was as well treated.  But oh well, I've bought my last gas powered car, and looking forward to buying a Tesla, maybe even later this year.

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2015, 07:22:29 pm »
Elon Musk has vision - real forward thinking.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7197
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2015, 07:57:20 pm »

Anyway, CR posted a correction and a CR rep was doing the rounds on MSNBC and other places to back away from their "broken" claim. 

The Tesla was indeed fully able to drive, CR decided to post click bait and we are where we are on this topic.  Namely, Tesla is brilliant and sent someone to fix the problem, customer didn't have to take it in for service.  I wish my Mercedes was as well treated.  But oh well, I've bought my last gas powered car, and looking forward to buying a Tesla, maybe even later this year.

They didn't back away from it from the press release I saw.  They said that yes, they could enter the car from the passenger side.  But despite that, the car would NOT shift into drive rendering it undriveable.  And they are not backing away from "undriveable". Either way..completely unacceptable for a car 27 days old with less than 4,000kms on it.  And CR owners reports point out that door handles problems are among the top problems the car has.  I mean...come on? Seriously?  It's not hard to make a door handle that works.  I've never had one fail.  IN MY LIFE.  But Tesla wanted to re-invent the wheel for a component that didn't need re-inventing.  Musk is a bright guy.  A guy as bright as him should know that over thinking something isn't always the best solution.

http://www.freep.com/story/money/2015/05/19/tesla-consumers-reports-review/27571405/
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Northernridge

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2015, 08:01:02 pm »
I wonder if Tesla is really trying to become an alternative renewable power technology company.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2015, 08:02:12 pm »
I wonder if Tesla is really trying to become an alternative renewable power technology company.

If he was, you'd think his new battery would work with solar.... ::)

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-05-06/tesla-s-new-battery-doesn-t-work-that-well-with-solar

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +242/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2015, 08:07:43 pm »

They didn't back away from it from the press release I saw.  They said that yes, they could enter the car from the passenger side.  But despite that, the car would NOT shift into drive rendering it undriveable.  And they are not backing away from "undriveable". Either way..completely unacceptable for a car 27 days old with less than 4,000kms on it.  And CR owners reports point out that door handles problems are among the top problems the car has.  I mean...come on? Seriously?  It's not hard to make a door handle that works.  I've never had one fail.  IN MY LIFE.  But Tesla wanted to re-invent the wheel for a component that didn't need re-inventing.  Musk is a bright guy.  A guy as bright as him should know that over thinking something isn't always the best solution.

http://www.freep.com/story/money/2015/05/19/tesla-consumers-reports-review/27571405/

CR could have "started" the car with a phone app, but chose not to.  So "undriveable"  may be stretching it a little.
Mr Pickypants

Offline me_2

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +300/-76
  • 2014 Volt, 2001 Saturn SW2. Son's DD: 2015 Volt
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2015, 08:20:06 pm »

I think it is the big picture, cars are only a part on that eco-system.
Gone but not forgotten in chronological order: 2019 Volt, 2013 Volt, 2014 Spark EV, 2012 Volt and many others before...

Northernridge

« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2015, 08:23:16 pm »

Well said.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2015, 08:59:41 pm »

Well said.

IIRC, selling Tesla's carbon credits is where they are making their money currently.

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +702/-1347
  • “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.”
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2015, 09:47:03 pm »

Well said.

IIRC, selling Tesla's carbon credits is where they are making their money currently.

Tesla is not making a profit even with all the government subsidies and selling of credits. It may take a decade to see a return and IMO investors will become impatient and bail.

Offline bye

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2015, 06:29:11 pm »
Tesla is not making a profit even with all the government subsidies and selling of credits. It may take a decade to see a return and IMO investors will become impatient and bail.

Short the stock, I dare you.

Tesla is making 28% margin on their car sales as of their report for Q1 2015, that is smoking hot!  They are the top selling premium luxury car by model in the US. 

Yes, profit isn't there, but no other company is rolling out gigawatts of fast charging stations worldwide, nor building battery factories large enough to sell hundreds of thousands of cars in two years time. 

There will be one in my driveway, it is a matter of time.  People I wouldn't have expected are asking me about EV's and are going for test drives to replace their old gas cars, it starts making me wonder about how quickly the adoption cycle will accelerate when credible products are available, like those that are coming in 2017...

Offline Guy

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +478/-1141
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium, 2019 Volvo XC40 Momentum
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2015, 06:50:57 pm »
A door failing to unlock on a FGC and nobody would react...

On a Tesla, it's the end of the world, the company is junk, Musk is crazy and so on...

Come on guys, stop living in the past.

Offline Guy

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +478/-1141
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium, 2019 Volvo XC40 Momentum

Offline bye

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2015, 10:33:37 pm »
I was in the garage last night and wanted to back our Tesla out to get at some supplies.  I used the Tesla phone app to open the car, and then authorized starting it.   Consumer reports could easily have used their car, but they did get a lot of press about it.

I believe the 103 score, driving this car is believing...I told my wife after the test drive last year that it was only a matter of time and she agreed, and she is now just as happy with her new car as I am.