Author Topic: Real Estate Prices In Your Area  (Read 15331 times)

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7197
    • View Profile
Re: Real Estate Prices In Your Area
« Reply #80 on: January 27, 2015, 06:26:11 pm »
Thats why I called it big-ish....its a lot bigger than almost all new home lots, but really, its not that big.....as for asking $800k for a lot, how many barrels of oil is the derrick in the backyard putting out per day?? What is the output of the coal/diamond/copper mine on the property per day??  ;D

Location...location...location.

Great location and walking distance to everything. That place will be gone in a flash. Bulldoze the house and put up a 3500 sq. ft. house and poof...+$2M.

To each their own I guess........

Yep...this is what starter house TO money buys in Windsor

http://www.realtor.ca/propertyDetails.aspx?PropertyId=15178866

http://www.realtor.ca/propertyDetails.aspx?PropertyId=14593878

http://www.realtor.ca/propertyDetails.aspx?PropertyId=14232991

http://www.realtor.ca/propertyDetails.aspx?PropertyId=14411975
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1423/-2113
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #81 on: January 27, 2015, 06:27:49 pm »
Thats why I called it big-ish....its a lot bigger than almost all new home lots, but really, its not that big.....as for asking $800k for a lot, how many barrels of oil is the derrick in the backyard putting out per day?? What is the output of the coal/diamond/copper mine on the property per day??  ;D

Great location and walking distance to everything. That place will be gone in a flash. Bulldoze the house and put up a 3500 sq. ft. house and poof...+$2M.

To each their own I guess........

Yep...this is what starter house TO money buys in Windsor

http://www.realtor.ca/propertyDetails.aspx?PropertyId=15178866

http://www.realtor.ca/propertyDetails.aspx?PropertyId=14593878

http://www.realtor.ca/propertyDetails.aspx?PropertyId=14232991

http://www.realtor.ca/propertyDetails.aspx?PropertyId=14411975

That, I would have no issue with, lake front, big house, big lot....well worth the money. $1mil bucks and I can give the neighbor a handshake from the kitchen window in my Mcmansion......no way.
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #82 on: January 27, 2015, 06:29:02 pm »
About a block from my mom's place
http://m.realtor.ca/PropertyDetails.aspx?PropertyId=15180232
After the Reno the a place , also a block away
http://m.realtor.ca/PropertyDetails.aspx?PropertyId=15116355

About 3kms on the lake , this is just a parking space
http://m.realtor.ca/PropertyDetails.aspx?PropertyId=15249936

Offline pi314

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +59/-95
    • View Profile
  • Cars: VW Golf Sportwagen 4Motion 6MT ;Dearly Departed 2015 Honda Fit EX 6MT
« Reply #83 on: January 27, 2015, 06:36:41 pm »
You're more likely to have a job where you can afford a 1M house in the GTA than in Windsor...
And you'd actually be able to sell the house when you need to.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1423/-2113
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #84 on: January 27, 2015, 06:42:34 pm »
You're more likely to have a job where you can afford a 1M house in the GTA than in Windsor...

If you had a job that enough money to afford $1M dollar house, why would you have to live close to work, would you not be setting your own hours or able to work with a laptop/phone??

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 27, 2015, 06:42:54 pm »

Avg. family income in Windsor is higher than in Toronto.

Not sure if that actually means anything in this discussion though.

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +702/-1347
  • “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.”
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
« Reply #86 on: January 27, 2015, 06:53:28 pm »

Exactly, my wife and I have jobs that give us the flexibility to live anywhere in Canada. Still can't find a good reason to leave where we are now.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 27, 2015, 06:59:47 pm »

Exactly, my wife and I have jobs that give us the flexibility to live anywhere in Canada. Still can't find a good reason to leave where we are now.

Me too...IQ as well.  Engineers/RNs can get jobs anywhere they want.  I don't think that luxury is unique to people living in TO.

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
« Reply #88 on: January 27, 2015, 07:01:41 pm »

Me too...IQ as well.  Engineers/RNs can get jobs anywhere they want.  I don't think that luxury is unique to people living in TO.

I don't live in TO  :)

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 27, 2015, 07:08:14 pm »

We went through this before.  You live near a huge dump.  I live near a small dump.  I prefer to live near a small pile of garbage rather than near a huge one.   ;D

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
« Reply #90 on: January 27, 2015, 07:13:18 pm »

Exactamundo.   
The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution.

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 27, 2015, 07:50:59 pm »

We went through this before.  You live near a huge dump.  I live near a small dump.  I prefer to live near a small pile of garbage rather than near a huge one.   ;D

But the dump I live near is highly desirable and people want to move there :) Typically I buy a house knowing I can sell it fast for a profit in needed.

Northernridge

« Reply #92 on: January 27, 2015, 08:00:56 pm »
Benito? That's really in the middle of nowhere. That place seems overpriced, I'd have guessed 150k less.

Offline Railton

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +243/-156
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Infiniti QX60 Touring, 2010 Infiniti G37S 6M, 2020 Hyundai Kona 1.6T Trend
« Reply #93 on: January 27, 2015, 08:20:32 pm »
Thought I'd revive this one, starting a new one didn't seem necessary.  I was looking for something entirely unrelated and came across this website.  Found a couple of places in MB that would make someone from ON cry.  Mostly because they'd be all alone here, partially because, damn! Look what $450,000 buys in MB!!

http://www.landwatch.com/BENITO-Manitoba-Canada-Farms-and-Ranches-for-sale/pid/200392922

A 3000 sq ft log (LOG!  :o ) cabin, 160 acres of LAND (that's like ALL of Toronto FYI  ;))...outbuildings; a camera that takes pictures of mooses, bears and deer; some guy who catches fish and kills big game! (do you think maybe those pics are of the current owners? Nah...I'm sure it comes stocked with PEOPLE here too! AWESOME!  :banana:)  Looks like a pretty awesome place to live.  Not sure what kind of work a person would do up there...sell insurance I guess.

Almost makes me feel like shopping...almost.

Blunderwriter, hate to break the news, but when I read the ad, its $450,000US. Ouch!

Missed that...but, even at 27% it's only $571,500, which gets you what in the COTU? A 900 sq ft 50 yr old bungalow on a driveway for your yard or a 1000 sq ft 2 storey side-x-side that's 14 feet across and 35-40' deep? Both fixer-uppers?  I dunno, if I had the money, I'd take the log cabin and 160 acres of Raptor land any day... :love:

I bet it doesn't have:  Mains drains, natural gas, high speed internet or any of the other things that make up civilization.  And it is a long way from anywhere. Why would one even want to visit let alone live there?

Does it have an airstrip?  Or even a real road from 83 ?

It'll probably have some sort of septic tank system; it has 3 heating systems, wood, electric & geo-thermal, don't need gas, and internet is available via satellite, which is no worse than MTS anyway, so no loss there...and I like that it's a long way from anywhere.  I wouldn't miss people. Much.
Except when you cut your foot off with an axe whilst chopping wood.
Railton
Do you realize that in about 30 (updated as requested) years, we'll have millions of old ladies running around with tattoos?