Author Topic: maybe you shouldn't be driving  (Read 16866 times)

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
Re: maybe you shouldn't be driving
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2016, 08:46:09 am »
Where does the oil go..how do I fill the fefrigerator thingy with what type of Water 0é20W...why do the windshield washers not work!!how do you open an engine compartment isnt it sealed at the factory..who blows air into your tyres..can I chose my own mix of gas or if wrong will it blow up my tank!......my lights dont automatically come on after dark Why (good point they should on all vehicles especially BIKES!!!)
Time is to stop everything happening at once

Offline wing

• Big Wig
  • Administrator
  • Carma: +279/-320
  • If you ain't first ... you're last!
    • View Profile
    • Drivesideways
  • Cars: 2009 Lexus ISF, 2009 Lexus LX570,2011 Audi A5 Touring Car
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2016, 09:40:55 am »
They are on all the time on Bikes...

Offline mlin32

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +65/-419
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Peugeot 308 GT; 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2016, 10:08:38 am »
They are on all the time on Bikes...
+1. This is true for all modern bikes sold.......I think everywhere.
ø cons: Peugeot 308: Yamaha R3 [/URL]

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2016, 12:40:47 pm »
pedal bikes DUDES  only a few LIGHT ONE UP before going to the DARK SIDE.... :'( :'( :popo: :'( :'(

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +242/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2016, 01:30:34 pm »
If your passenger is scared and doesn't trust your driving.....

Have you met my mother-in-law?
Mr Pickypants

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1423/-2113
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2016, 01:41:01 pm »
If your passenger is scared and doesn't trust your driving.....

Have you met my mother-in-law?

Or my mom.....yeah...thats sometimes not a real litmus test.
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2016, 01:51:48 pm »
If you insist on texting while driving.

http://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/mobile/driver-comes-dangerously-close-to-hitting-motorcyclist-1.3047275

Playing Pokemon and road-raging.   
The cops probably won't care enough to bother checking her plate.

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-516
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Honda Passport Touring, 2006 SLK 55 AMG
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2016, 08:06:32 am »
If you insist on texting while driving.

http://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/mobile/driver-comes-dangerously-close-to-hitting-motorcyclist-1.3047275

I'm surprised that he didn't see her coming up on his right, I would've been checking my mirrors the whole way after seeing how clueless she was.
You live everyday. You only die once....

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2016, 09:08:05 am »
So, nothing in terms of action against her?  The video clearly shows her dangerous driving.  Distracted driving and then willfully endangering his life.  The biker gets a scolding for videoing her and she skates?  For shame.

It's no wonder that road rage and vigilante road-justice are becoming more common.  Even with video evidence against them, people are free to do as they please on the roads. (except go 56 in a 50 zone in Alberta...)

Offline goodsonr

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +18/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2016, 04:38:47 pm »
In Edmonton ... I was walking cross 99th St at 84 Ave  (semi-major street bisecting a residential area).  Its an intersection but w/o a marked crosswalk.   .. I was 3/4 across the 4 lanes  and the only car on the road .. in the 4th lane of traffic .. which saw me from 1/2 block away refused to stop and as they blew by me (as I was standing on  the roadway) yelled "ITS NOT A CROSSWALK". 

Yes .. this is the entitlement of some drivers .. even at intersections pedestrians are fair-game.  I wish they weren't driving ....

And in case anybody asks .. a intersection is a crosswalk (just a unmarked crosswalk)

Alberta Traffic Safety Act, Use of Highway and Rules of the Road Regulation AR304/2002

Definitions:

Crosswalk -
i) the part of a roadway at an intersection included within the connection of the lateral line of the sidewalks on opposite sides of the highway measured from the curb or, in the absence of curbs, from the edges of the roadway, or

ii) any part of a roadway at an intersection or elsewhere distinctly indicated for pedestrian crossing by signes or by lines or other markings on the road surface

edit-added: and before someone says .. if only car on road you shoulda-waited blah blah blah .. I summarized the above for brevity.  There were other cars in other lanes just not in an immediate position to run-me-down.    Edmonton drivers not stopping for pedestrians is a problem (cue Fob. to complain about pedestrians leaping in front of cars.....)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 04:47:16 pm by goodsonr »

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1423/-2113
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2016, 04:42:28 pm »
To be fair though....Edmonton has some pretty idiotic pedestrians, not saying you, but the sheer willingness of some to gamble with their life is amazing.

Offline goodsonr

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +18/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2016, 04:47:56 pm »
geez .. you beat my added edit  ... good prediction on my part, though ;D ;D

Offline Serniter

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +40/-20
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Lexus ES350
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2016, 05:13:54 pm »
In Edmonton ... I was walking cross 99th St at 84 Ave  (semi-major street bisecting a residential area).  Its an intersection but w/o a marked crosswalk.   .. I was 3/4 across the 4 lanes  and the only car on the road .. in the 4th lane of traffic .. which saw me from 1/2 block away refused to stop and as they blew by me (as I was standing on  the roadway) yelled "ITS NOT A CROSSWALK". 

Some people are so hung up on "rules" that they neglect to use common sense. Even assuming it wasn't a crosswalk, does it make sense to blow past someone on the road? A 3000+ lb vehicle is a dangerous thing to get so close to an unprotected human.

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2016, 06:37:51 am »
So, nothing in terms of action against her?  The video clearly shows her dangerous driving.  Distracted driving and then willfully endangering his life.  The biker gets a scolding for videoing her and she skates?  For shame.

It's no wonder that road rage and vigilante road-justice are becoming more common.  Even with video evidence against them, people are free to do as they please on the roads. (except go 56 in a 50 zone in Alberta...)

Yeah, cops don't care unless they can collect their quota personally, they don't give a crap if you report it yourself.  I've experienced this personally a few times where the cops ask "What do you want me to do about it?".   
Real nice that they threatened to charge the biker instead.

Offline carcrazed

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +39/-88
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Forester Touring; 2009 Civic EX-L
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2016, 12:01:14 pm »
If you don't know when is the right time to turn on your headlights, you shouldn't be driving.

If you don't go when the light turns green because you're too busy looking at your phone or putting on makeup, you shouldn't be driving.

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2016, 01:25:04 pm »
Some people are so hung up on "rules" that they neglect to use common sense. Even assuming it wasn't a crosswalk, does it make sense to blow past someone on the road? A 3000+ lb vehicle is a dangerous thing to get so close to an unprotected human.

And yet people still don't want to move over when passing a cyclist.

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +254/-768
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2016, 01:28:47 pm »

But don't you know that passing a cyclist is super inconvenient and time consuming?

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2016, 01:34:38 pm »

But don't you know that passing a cyclist is super inconvenient and time consuming?

:rofl2:  Yes I know. Those 5 seconds it take away from sitting at the next red light feels like the end of the world.

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +289/-388
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 12 Mazda 5 GT 6MT
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2016, 05:16:09 pm »
All intersections are crosswalks whether they are marked or unmarked, unless specifically prohibited with no crossing signs. Pedestrians still need to practice due diligence to make sure vehicles will actually stop for them before crossing.

Crossing between intersections is generally illegal and described as jaywalking. However, there are certain streets where you almost expect jaywalkers like Robson St. in Vancouver. You get a lot of shoppers who want to suddenly head to a store on the other side of the street, but you also get DRIVERS who parked on the wrong side of the street of a shop doing an equal amount of jaywalking. Pot calling kettle black.

>:( Props to that guy for remaining calm, I would've lost it. Actually, I did lose it in the past.

Offline carcrazed

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +39/-88
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Forester Touring; 2009 Civic EX-L
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2016, 12:53:03 am »
On my drive home today, I saw a cyclist going in the same direction as me, I stopped at a red light. The cyclist proceeded to turn right, make a u-turn, and right again to continue riding.   Why do they get to break all the rules and motorists get s##t all the time? (in Toronto) I see cyclist riding through pedestrians on sidewalk and riding when through crosswalks all the time in downtown.

Oh one more to add...

If you can't park your car in the middle of two parking lanes, you should get yourself a self-parking car.. or maybe you shouldn't be driving.