Author Topic: Head-to-Head Comparison Test: 2013 BMW 328i xDrive vs 2013 Cadillac ATS 2.0T AWD  (Read 25755 times)

Offline Fischs3

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +1/-0
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 BMW 328i 2008 BMW X5 4.8i
Excellent comparison.
This past week, I had my '08 328i in for service and in return I was given a '13 328i Xdrive for the day. I was looking forward to it, I still love my present 3 but I really like the styling of the new model, I just had no idea how it drove. However, by the end of the day I was in no rush to make a trade for the new model. My first reaction when I left the lot was am I driving a Mercedes? It felt so cushy and boring, it felt nothing like my previous BMWs. The next thing I noticed was the engine note, yuck hated it. I will say the drive did get better when I found the sport button beside the gearshift, it did make a difference and made the drive more to what I was used to and expecting. But having to press the Sport button every time I get into the car would be annoying, not sure if a preset exists. But nothing could change that engine note. By the end of the day I was happy to have my '08 back and I will not be trading her in just yet. Another option would be to go up to the 335i and have my 6 back but that would cause more time to save. Or maybe visit a Caddy dealership, maybe.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1248/-7192
    • View Profile

335i is underrated too.  More like 300hp to the wheels, 330hp to the crank I believe.  There is a BIG difference when you drive the 328i and 335i back-to-back.  The sound of the 4 vs. the 6 alone is (almost) worth the extra cost.

Maybe....but I never lost to one at the drag strip in my IS350 and I was putting ~285 RWHP.  I DID lose to chipped 335s though...man, were they fast! 
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...