Author Topic: Problem with www.autopartsway.ca  (Read 106121 times)

jrambo80

Problem with www.autopartsway.ca
« on: March 10, 2009, 11:18:50 pm »
I have ordered auto parts a couple of times from autopartsway.ca and the parts were delivered quickly and they seemed to be good quality parts. I was pretty satisfied with the service and parts until I tried to return the the last items that I ordered. This is were my opinion of this company took a sudden nose dive. I was told to ship the parts back to them with the RMA# (Return Merchandise Authorization number) on the package and they gave me the address to ship them to. This address that they gave me was on the other side of the country even though they were originally shipped to me from a warehouse in my area. So it ended up costing me about $24.00 to ship them back, which I accepted as my fault for returning them. Anyway I shipped them back with the tracking number and they recieved them back on March 2nd and it is now the 10th and I have yet to see my money returned. I have written to them several times and all they can tell me is that it can take up to 14 days to get a refund. I have to ask myself, how can it take up to 14 days to process a refund in this day and age? Anyway this will be my last dealing with this company, you guys can make up your own minds.  >:( 

Online rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7197
    • View Profile
Re: Problem with www.autopartsway.ca
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 11:39:01 pm »
Did you read the return policy before hand?  I buy alot of stuff online, and often the return policy is what "makes it or breaks it" for me...
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

jrambo80

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 05:03:39 pm »
Yeah I just glanced over it before I ordered, next time I will read more carefully. But really who would expect a refund could take 2 weeks, unless they are sending it by ship through the Panama Canal. :)

Offline initial_D

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +30/-50
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 09:23:53 pm »
I think the mention parts website is just an online catalogue store, they don't actually stock the parts and have anything in inventory, rather, all the suppliers just put their stock on the website, and when someone orders, the related supplier will just ship out the parts, under the Website store name, to the customer. The person order the parts would not know the difference.

On the returns, the process will take a lot longer, now there are two companies involved, and two re-payments.

So be patient, the money will eventually returned. TigerDirect operates in this manner.

weebl

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 11:02:50 am »
I've placed one order with these guys last summer.  They had a small part listed that would fit in the wiper linkage assembly that I needed to replace, yet I could not source that small part locally, only the entire linkage assembly.  I added in maintenance parts like wiper inserts and filters so that I got up to the minimum order to qualify for free shipping.  Getting the parts was great, only took a couple of days.  I can't comment on returns, though, but based on your experience, I will certainly exercise caution next time.

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +242/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2009, 12:58:49 pm »
 My problem with them is their prices.  I'm sourcing a IACV for a friends Maxima, it's  $463.48 on autopartsway.ca, supposedly discounted $186.16 from MSRP.   

The same part on autopartsway.com is $171.42  ???   
They seem to add a little on the shipping and handling to get it across the border to their own warehouse.
Mr Pickypants

jitsu303

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2009, 10:50:02 am »
I shop around with all the worldpac retailers and have only used autopartsway twice.  It took a couple of emails and a phone call to get credited for a core return on a starter I bought.  They are slow with credits and refunds by the look of things but they do come across.  I would use them again but would have second thoughts if there was a core charge involved...or at least I would expect slow credit.

weebl

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2009, 12:16:59 am »
Second time ordering through autopartsway.  Not entirely impressed this time.  I ordered 5 bottles of transmission fluid, an air filter, fuel filter and an oil filter.  Tracking on UPS shows all items were shipped, all with the same reference number, so they did all ship from the same warehouse.

The tranny fluid was in one box.  Fluid leaking through the bottle caps, very slightly, enough to seep through the box, though they were "sealed" with packing tape on each bottle cap.  Filters were in the other box, but the oil filter was missing.  Since I didn't open my boxes until after their offices were closed, I didn't speak with them yet.  I'll find out tomorrow how well they handle this.

Warehouse in question this was shipped from was in Richmond, BC.

twobytwo

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2009, 03:07:11 pm »
Terrible experience with autopartsway.ca

Ordered a part from their site which said they have 2 in stock. 2 days later I check the order status myself online - and it said "cancelled". I was a little upset that I had to discover this for myself and Autopartsway did not contact me until i emailed them about this. They replied that the order was cancelled because the item is not in stock (despite being listed on their website). I asked how that was possible - their response:

"We had these items in stock but unfortunately as per our warehouse update they all were damaged so that is why it could not be shipped out to you. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience."

Offered no assistance in trying to find the same or a similar part. Item is still listed in stock on their website. what a rip-off!

Keith Lancaster

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2009, 06:33:57 pm »
I ordered a new rad. for my 1995 Cadillac DeVille.    I gave them the appropriate info. and my Visa Number.     The delivery was quick BUT, it was the wrong part.    On the outside of the carton, which contained the rad., it stated in quite large letters that the rad was for a Cadillac Eldorado.     I had unpacked the item and it was obvious that it would`nt fit a DeVille.   I sent a photo of my rad. standing next to the rad. which they had sent, the difference was more than  obvious.     They insisted that it was the correct one, despite the evidence of the photos.    I returned it at a cost to me of $47.00.    I will never deal with this company again.

jimlwright

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2009, 04:12:08 pm »
I had ordered parts from autopartsway. Don't ever use these guys. Thery are irresponsible. As I used paypal the order was to be delivered to my Post Office Box. Autoparsway never said anything about UPS not delivering the order to a POB (must be a residential address) so I never got the order. They never called me.
SO after following up with them they finally reshipped the order. I had told them my make and vehilce and they determined the correct cabin air filter number and shipped it. Well it didn't fit and was too long by 1 inch. Despite the fact that their web site said that they would respond within 72 hours it took them over 7 days to provide me with an RMA. When I received the RMA it was clear that I had to pay for the return. I asked them why I had to pay for their error and all they would say was "it is policy." I asked to speak with a CS supervisor and was given some BS answer. Then I asked for the name of the president and they hung up on me. So buyer beware. These guys have lousy customer service and be prepared to pay for their mistakes. NOT GOOD! It will be very interesting if I ever get my money back!

mbmsv

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2009, 05:02:12 pm »
I am having terrible experience with these people. I have ordered a knock sensor for my Subaru on May 26. I chose Aautopartsway because their price was good. The part was shown to be in stock. In a few days I checked the status of the order on their web site and it said shipped on 27th (with USPS????!!!!) and completed. So, I got puzzled with a supposedly Canadian company using USPS to ship to Canada so I started asking questions. It turned out the part has never been shipped because it wasn't in stock in the first place. It's June 15th now and I still can't get a straight answer from them about when I am going to get the part if at all. The web site still shows the part to be in stock and the status of my order hasn't changed either! What a bunch of liars!

Offline initial_D

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +30/-50
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2009, 05:10:46 pm »
Both complains are from one-hit wonders ... I suspect competition.

mbmsv

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2009, 01:48:53 pm »
Both complains are from one-hit wonders ... I suspect competition.

You can suspect whatever you want but let me know where the competition in Canada is so that I know where to go next time!

Newatcars

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2009, 12:30:12 pm »
try this site out for a change >>> youcarz.com

harveyy

« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2009, 02:38:58 am »
I had a bad experience with this company and wouldn't recommend them.

I ordered over $75, even added items I didn't really need to ensure the free shipping.  I got an email saying that one of the items was not in stock and that the balance of my order had been sent. I check my online order and it turns out that 3 items had been canceled which were Bosch filters(oil, air, fuel etc) and were the items I really wanted. So, now my order consists of items I added as filler (made by FULL).

You think they would have notified me of the out of stock items and asked if I still wanted the balance of the order!

I sent an email asking if I would be charged shipping, their response was NO. I then check with VISA and what do you know, Autopartsway had charged me shipping. I quickly send an email with their earlier attached response and details of all costs, I ask to have the shipping cost reversed. I get no response. There phone number was out of service, so I sent a message via live chat.

Through followup, I finally find out that they`ve reversed the shipping.

It`s experiences like this that make online shopping a dodgy affair, Autopartsway seems to be a very poorly run operation and hit and miss as to whether or not you are going to get the parts that you ordered.

My advice, save yourself the headache and go elsewhere.

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +117/-434
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Land Rover LR4, Honda Ridgeline, Husqvarna FE501
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2009, 10:39:06 am »
Rockauto.com is a good quick site. It is what I have been using lately.

chrissupra2002

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2009, 01:53:18 pm »
This place is a joke and I am very unimpressed.  I was needed some parts for my girlfriends 05 dodge sx 2.0.  Some Brembo Rotors and EBC brake pads.  Everything was in stock and shipped within a day.  I was very impressed until all I got at my door were the rotors.  I checked with Autopartsway, and they said that it was a warehouse error and they would ship it out by air (1-2days).  Later I find out its on ground and I have to wait another 4 days.  Then I finally get the part and find out the pads are for a PT Cruiser and don't fit.  When I check the EBC Website, autopartsway has the brakes labelled wrong and the pads for the srt-4 are really for the se and vise versa.  When I bring it up with customer service they said that they will notify the website technicians but I will have to pay shipping to send it back.  They kept saying that was there policy and I should of checked EBC's website before buying.  Sorry I trusted a parts stores information.  So basically at the end of the day, I they said I was wrong and should of known better.  They emailed be the return number, but now its for the rotors.  I need to return the pads not the rotors.  I am so ticked off with them.  I was so happy to find a site that is located in Canada, but in the end it took the same time as ordering from the states.  Very poorly ran company, and judging by the comments, it sounds like others are just as frustrated.

jimlwright

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2009, 07:50:45 pm »
Follow up to my earlier post for problems with autopartsway.ca, here is a part of an email that I received from them that will tell you what they really think of their customers.

Quoted from the Management at AutoPartsWAY [management@autopartsway.com] "We expect our customers to have enough intelligence to know how to read the website, and input their address correctly."

Still waiting for my refund since the mid June.

carcrazy12

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2009, 09:45:50 am »
I have been ordering parts from autopartsway.ca for almost six months now and never had a complaint.  One thing that I like most about them is that the keep me well informed, so if the part is not available and they cancel the item I get an email right away.   And of course love the prompt delivery. ;D