Author Topic: The things that make me sad, angry, and upset  (Read 2312398 times)

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1423/-2113
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
Re: The things that make me sad, angry, and upset
« Reply #860 on: May 23, 2015, 08:56:07 pm »
We spend a lot of money on our yard to make it free of those yellow bastards and free of dead pee spots.....our neighbors look like they are a dandelion farm amd our other neighbors let their dog pee on our front lawn >:(  time to go have a chat.....

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Lighten up Francis.....

Offline mlin32

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +65/-419
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Peugeot 308 GT; 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
« Reply #861 on: May 23, 2015, 09:52:37 pm »
The still-present brake judder on my Mazda3.

Dealer claims they drove it and couldn't duplicate the problem. "Brakes aren't included under the warranty anyway, so you'd have to pay for it"  :banghead:

The DSC system is annoying on this car too. Had a well-controlled, balanced drift going and the system abruptly slams the car back into line.
ø cons: Peugeot 308: Yamaha R3 [/URL]

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1423/-2113
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #862 on: May 23, 2015, 09:54:23 pm »

Dealer claims they drove it and couldn't duplicate the problem. "Brakes aren't included under the warranty anyway, so you'd have to pay for it"  :banghead:

The DSC system is annoying on this car too. Had a well-controlled, balanced drift going and the system abruptly slams the car back into line.

Holy crap Stig, you are in bad need of a BRZ/FR-S......

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Offline mlin32

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +65/-419
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Peugeot 308 GT; 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
« Reply #863 on: May 23, 2015, 11:01:41 pm »

Holy crap Stig, you are in bad need of a BRZ/FR-S......
Felt like a slap on the wrist. With the BMW/Mini systems, I was hard pressed to know it was even operating. It was that finely-tuned. At least Mazda has improved a bit; my friend has the previous generation BL Mazda3 and the DSC then pretty much shut everything down at the slightest hint of spin. Now, it allows more slip but when it kicks in, it kicks in hard. This same characteristic actually makes driving my car quite difficult in the snow.

Occurs at the 1:04 mark.

https://youtu.be/ozbO97S4qUQ?t=51s

The chassis itself is fairly easy to get to rotate given the amount of weight shift that occurs as a result of the soft suspension tuning; basically dip the brakes, turn in, and the rear end can loosen up depending on how aggressively you chuck it. Props to Mazda for dialing out the understeer too. But between the weight shift and brake judder, coming down that long straight hot at 135km/h requires me to brake farther ahead with less pressure, lest I totally unbalance things. I visualise the 50, 100, and 150m braking points as I come down.

Love the summer tires though, I'd hate to go back to all seasons after driving on performance tires for 7 years now. The steering and braking responses are just so much more direct and predictable.

Offline random006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +123/-83
    • View Profile
  • Cars: His - 2018 Subaru Crosstrek .... Hers - 2008 Honda Civic DX
« Reply #864 on: May 25, 2015, 04:12:42 am »
My main camera lens (18-55 mm) broke on my vacation.  😫

A plastic tube inside the lens (zoom barrel?) now rattles about freely. 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubblegum.    -    John Nada (played by Roddy Piper) in "They Live"

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #865 on: May 25, 2015, 07:45:12 am »
Why is there no train from Cambridge/Kitchener/Waterloo to YYZ? The airport shuttle/bus is $100.  :o

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #866 on: May 25, 2015, 08:10:47 am »
Why is there no train from Cambridge/Kitchener/Waterloo to YYZ? The airport shuttle/bus is $100.  :o
There no train from Union to the airport , yet, and you want one from Kitchener lol

Best option is to park at Skypark or airport parking

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
« Reply #867 on: May 25, 2015, 08:36:59 am »
You take to Go from KW/Guelph to Weston and wait for the Airport express train when it starts running.   Don't know how you do it from Cambridge.     I wonder why Greyhound hasn't got bus routes that stop at the airport...I'd guess something to do with local politics...like the stupid taxi rules there.

Friends of mine, when they are going away, not just a day trip, stay overnight at one of the airport hotels and get free parking.

The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution.

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #868 on: May 25, 2015, 09:11:42 am »
You take to Go from KW/Guelph to Weston and wait for the Airport express train when it starts running.   Don't know how you do it from Cambridge.     I wonder why Greyhound hasn't got bus routes that stop at the airport...I'd guess something to do with local politics...like the stupid taxi rules there.

Friends of mine, when they are going away, not just a day trip, stay overnight at one of the airport hotels and get free parking.

I'm thinking Weston will be the best plan in the future but I don't think there are any trains from K/W except for the morning/evening business trains. Might be a bus though? We really don't build anything for the non-car people.

I really do think this has to do with politics.

Offline Brig

• Brig
  • Carma: +396/-1400
  • Class Clown, Moderatrix and Resident Hag
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Mazda CX-3 GS AWD
« Reply #869 on: May 25, 2015, 09:13:43 am »
My main camera lens (18-55 mm) broke on my vacation.  😫

When I read this, all I see is a shopping opportunity for a great new lens.   :D

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +381/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
« Reply #870 on: May 25, 2015, 09:26:35 am »
My main camera lens (18-55 mm) broke on my vacation. 

When I read this, all I see is a shopping opportunity for a great new lens.   :D

:thumbup:
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. - Thomas Jefferson

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
« Reply #871 on: May 25, 2015, 10:28:31 am »

I'm thinking Weston will be the best plan in the future but I don't think there are any trains from K/W except for the morning/evening business trains. Might be a bus though? We really don't build anything for the non-car people.

I really do think this has to do with politics.
Two trains each way only at the moment.  There are GO buses from Guelph but I don't know if they go anywhere that one could get on the airport train.
They SAY that some time in the future there will be all day GO train service to KW.  OK but.    The line is single track from Georgetown to KW and of course is owned by CN so to get a proper service they'd need to double track it.  I guarantee that the combination of money, environmental assessments and NIMBYS will delay that for the rest of my lifetime.  The ROW may be wide enough for double tracking but  in some parts would need to be built up and that could be a big job through Acton and on the Guelph...I don't know what it is like from Guelph to KW.

Offline aquadorhj

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +271/-265
    • View Profile
  • Cars: MB SLK 55, Lexus NX, E46 M3, Honda Fit, VW Jetta, VW Rabbit, Saturn SC, Nissan NX,
« Reply #872 on: May 25, 2015, 10:53:18 am »
got a ride in colleague's brand new Lexus IS 350 F-sport AWD.  (F-sport really sounds silly...)

Now i'm sad that i don't have it.

such a ridiculously cool instrument panel.
great ride.
great solidity.

Driving thrills makes my wallet lighter.. and therefore makes me faster because i'm shedding weight... :D

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #873 on: May 25, 2015, 12:21:55 pm »
There no train from Union to the airport , yet, and you want one from Kitchener lol

Best option is to park at Skypark or airport parking

Or pay a friendly neighbour.  I have done it like 10 times, it's great!  PITA when I drove the last Mercedes, buttons galore.  Can't remember what I wanted to do, I think it was like Seek on the radio, or adjust the intermittent wiper. 

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #874 on: May 25, 2015, 12:33:09 pm »
got a ride in colleague's brand new Lexus IS 350 F-sport AWD.  (F-sport really sounds silly...)

Now i'm sad that i don't have it.

such a ridiculously cool instrument panel.
great ride.
great solidity.

A friend of mine has one (in that awesome blue) and I really, really, really like it.

Offline 2JDM

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +119/-141
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: May 25, 2015, 03:58:54 pm »

One-way trip from London to YYZ is ~$70...and its almost twice the distance.  :P

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +702/-1347
  • “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.”
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
« Reply #876 on: May 25, 2015, 06:01:54 pm »
Why do maple trees need to produce 13.2B keys and decided to detach on the day the wind is blowing 30 kph into my back yard.....onto the deck and pool cover I just pumped pit and cleaned...FFS.

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: May 25, 2015, 07:23:41 pm »
Sorry buddy, I was glad it was windy today.  When I cut my lawns, didn't need the leaf blower....

Offline Brig

• Brig
  • Carma: +396/-1400
  • Class Clown, Moderatrix and Resident Hag
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Mazda CX-3 GS AWD
« Reply #878 on: May 25, 2015, 08:08:29 pm »
A/C down at our new building.  Last week was okay.  This week?  Not so much.  It was 29C at my desk at 2:00 this afternoon.   :fall:  For a woman of my heat-sensitive age, a disaster of epic proportions.  I really think that I almost lost my mind today.  I was dripping sweat onto my desk!  We're told the part for the repair is arriving Thursday.  Trying to keep guns and tasers as motivational tools for the maintenance team out of my mind is very difficult.   :surrend: 

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: May 25, 2015, 08:25:48 pm »
Awww, at your desk?  And no A/C!  Been lifting boxes all day in a warehouse with no A/C, then cutting grass after work.  And my commute to work is too short to notice A/C in the car! 

At lease we can sleep with A/C tonight!  ;)