Author Topic: Want a legititimate 5 seater with diesel, AWD, manual tran and less than $35k  (Read 38015 times)

Offline HeliDriver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +175/-235
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Crosstrek Sport 6MT; 2011 Yukon XL 2500
the reality is, most of the small displacement petrol alternatives to a diesel like the 2L tdi, use premium fuel.

But if you're shopping for a TDI (or any diesel in this country, really), that means you're shopping for a Volkswagen. And in the Jetta and Golf, your alternative to the TDI is the old 2.5 (still available in the wagon) or the new 1.8t, both of which take regular, not premium.

Offline 21Rouge

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +1/-6
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 05 Vibe; 15 TDI Golf Wagon
UPDATE:

It is now mid February and as far as I can see there is still no "Build and Price" available on VW.ca for the 2015 Golf Sportwagon.

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
The problem is you, the general public.  Every time they add better spec equipment, the price goes up a little.  Then all the 'regular' North 'mericans b!tch about how a 'Golf' can cost so much, it's oooonly a Golf.

Everyone here still thinks bigger is better... "Why would you spend $35K+ on a small car, when you can get a bigger one?!?"

:shake:

Choosing a car based on reliability is like choosing a wife based solely because she is punctual. There is more to it than that...

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1423/-2113
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
Put me firmly in that category....."you spent how much on a Golf  :rofl2:...no really, like $35K dollars??". Sorry, for under $40k you can get bigger or faster and most importantly more reliable.
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +702/-1347
  • “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.”
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
The problem is you, the general public.  Every time they add better spec equipment, the price goes up a little.  Then all the 'regular' North 'mericans b!tch about how a 'Golf' can cost so much, it's oooonly a Golf.

Everyone here still thinks bigger is better... "Why would you spend $35K+ on a small car, when you can get a bigger one?!?"

Thank fack I'm irregular  :)

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos

I'd rather a small perfect diamond than a huge cubic zirconia myself.      And there are lots of 'regular' North 'mericans who think that $35K is a disgusting amount to pay for a car anyway.
The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution.

Offline mmret

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +240/-570
    • View Profile

Case in point the murica Passat.
You can't just have your characters announce how they feel.
That makes me feel angry!

Present: 15.5 V60 T6 + Polestar, 17 MDX
Sometimes Borrow: 11 GLK350
Dark and Twisted Past: 13 TL AWD, 07 Z4 3.0si, 07 CLK550, 06 TSX, 07 Civic, 01 Grandma!

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
Put me firmly in that category....."you spent how much on a Golf  :rofl2:...no really, like $35K dollars??". Sorry, for under $40k you can get bigger...

Ugh...

:rofl2:

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-383
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus

I'd rather a small perfect diamond than a huge cubic zirconia myself.      And there are lots of 'regular' North 'mericans who think that $35K is a disgusting amount to pay for a car anyway.
No, but it is a disgusting amount to pay for a small V-dub  ;)
And while we're are on this subject there is a big group, seemingly everywhere, who'd sooner drop that cash on a large and luxurious but used Lexus. Once in a while I want to join them  :)
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach the man to fish and he wakes you up at 5 in the morning.

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
Want a legititimate 5 seater with diesel, AWD, manual tran and less than $35k
« Reply #89 on: February 14, 2015, 10:09:50 pm »
Whatever. You can't please everyone.

Offline 21Rouge

• Auto Obsessed
    • View Profile
UPDATE:

This morning my wife and I put down the deposit to order a 2015 Golf Sportwagon TDI with a 6 speed manual transmission.

(It is the Comfortline Trim with the addition of the only 3 optional packages available ie "Sight and Sound", "Navigation" and "Convenience").

(It will need to be a factory order given the configuration.)

Thanks everyone for building this thread. I learned a lot.

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
Excellent....colour?

Offline 21Rouge

• Auto Obsessed
    • View Profile
Excellent....colour?

Thanks 'snow'.

According to the sales rep, looking in  the system, there was a car with our exact configuration ordered by another dealer (but not sold?). If they can trade for it we will have it sometime in mid May. The colour is called Silk Blue.

If this doesn't happen we will need to choose another colour and so the car will take (much) longer to arrive

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
I want the boom boom now  :rofl2:

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
Excellent....colour?

Thanks 'snow'.

According to the sales rep, looking in  the system, there was a car with our exact configuration ordered by another dealer (but not sold?). If they can trade for it we will have it sometime in mid May. The colour is called Silk Blue.

If this doesn't happen we will need to choose another colour and so the car will take (much) longer to arrive

Awesome.  It looks great in blue BTW.

Offline 21Rouge

• Auto Obsessed
    • View Profile

TB thanks for your help. Your continuing good experience with your 2014 aided our decision.

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile

TB thanks for your help. Your continuing good experience with your 2014 aided our decision.

No probs, I'm sure you'll love it.

;D

Offline 21Rouge

• Auto Obsessed
    • View Profile
UPDATE:

This evening we took delivery of a 2015 Golf Sportwagon TDI 6 speed MT (HIGHLINE trim with "Multimedia" option) in Platinum Grey Metallic.

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
UPDATE:

This evening we took delivery of a 2015 Golf Sportwagon TDI 6 speed MT (HIGHLINE trim with "Multimedia" option) in Platinum Grey Metallic.

:thumbup: