Author Topic: Ottawa Tires Direct  (Read 22342 times)

Offline mmret

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +240/-570
    • View Profile
Re: Ottawa Tires Direct
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2010, 07:43:37 pm »
come to my home and slash my tires Lol

Did he try to sell you road hazard too? :)
You can't just have your characters announce how they feel.
That makes me feel angry!

Present: 15.5 V60 T6 + Polestar, 17 MDX
Sometimes Borrow: 11 GLK350
Dark and Twisted Past: 13 TL AWD, 07 Z4 3.0si, 07 CLK550, 06 TSX, 07 Civic, 01 Grandma!

Offline GreenEV

• Noob
  • Carma: +1/-0
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tesla Model S
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2015, 06:44:16 pm »
Sorry for reviving this old topic but I wanted to share my experience regarding this "business".

Seriously, avoid this business at all costs. I had to use a lawyer to get my wheels and tires back.

Shady place with no signs and the owner is using fake names: Sean, Shawn, Shane and finally Ryan Callahan!

There are a lot of negative reviews on many forums about this business and there is an entire post about him on Reddit. He threatened many people and surprised many others with hidden charges after they showed up at his location. And when people don’t agree with him, he yells at them!

Here is my story:
I saw their ad on Kijiji about wheels refinishing and straightening service and I called this guy and he offered to do them within the same week to be dropped off on Monday and picked up on Friday for $800 all inclusive if I pay in cash! That Includes wheel balancing and installation.
After he got my wheels and installed my winter set (so I can drive my car for the week), he calls me back and wanted $390 more since the wheels are “severely damaged”! Since he already got my wheels, I didn’t want to waste more time so I agreed and then he texted me on Friday with a time for installation.

He called me minutes later telling me not to come because the paint isn’t cured and he wants to push the installation to Monday or Tuesday, I was surprised that he called all of a sudden telling me that when we agreed to have everything installed that same week. Nevertheless, I agreed.
I texted him on Monday evening and he pushed it again to Wednesday!
I replied that I’m picking up the wheels on Tuesday as I want the wheels and I don't have time for more delays and asked him to deduct the installation charges from the total. His lame excuse didn’t make any sense to me as the wheels had been sitting there for more than a week!

He called after my text yelling and swearing while I was just explaining to him that he was not being straight forward as there seems to be a problem (and yes there was, see below) and he was not being honest and there is no reason to talk to me with such an attitude. He then said F$%@ off and hung up the phone.

I went there next morning and his employee refused to give me the wheels although I came with the full amount we agreed on in cash ($1190). He asked me to come back when “Shawn” is available at 3:00PM because it was “Ramadan” and he doesn’t come in the mornings!
I asked his guy to call him as I don’t go with “Shawn’s” schedule or I’m going to the police to get my wheels back. Both didn’t care so I went to the police. When the officer called “Shawn”, he told her that the total is $1190 + 400 ($100 rush fee per rim) + HST and that I agreed on the extra charges!
I told the officer that he is lying and he is already late and I have the text messages to prove it.

After a few days “Shawn” calls me THREATENING TO SEIZE MY CAR since I didn’t pay him for taking the wheels off my car! I hung up the phone of course since reasoning with this person didn’t make any sense. I then called my lawyer and she sent a letter asking for the wheels back and to give him in return what he asked for originally ($1190); or we are taking him to court. I was prepared to spend thousands of dollars on legal fees but not to give him a penny more!

After a week he replied to the letter and called my lawyer pretending to be another person, Ryan Callahan, Shawn’s business partner.

He told my lawyer that he is concerned about his “business” and he would address this with “Shawn” (himself). A week later he called the head of the law firm that I’m dealing with and told him that he wants to keep good relationship with the firm and that was the only reason he is agreeing to give the wheels back for the original price! Needless to say that the whole firm never heard of him and there was no business relationship to keep in the first place!

My lawyer called his place asking for Ryan to set a time for pickup, and his employee replied that there is no person work there with the name Ryan (not surprising!). When insisted that a person with this name replied her email he realized that he was supposed to play a long with Shawn’s name game!

I sent a friend with $1190 to get the wheels back and he got the wheels, but Shawn refused to give an invoice or a receipt to avoid paying taxes! That what he said to my friend. (very smart) And he told my friend that this was what I agreed with him, which proves that he lied to the police when he asked for more! He again told my friend that he is giving the wheels only because the head of the law firm is a good friend of his! (very funny)

When I looked at the wheels, I noticed that he didn’t even have the decency to balance them, which made me question the work done. So I went to a reputable tire shop and the moment they put them on the balancer, the paint was so soft that it came off and left marks everywhere from the balancing machine (rubber) cone! I got a full report of that.

What a waste of time and money dealing with this “business”!

Offline Scarecrow

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +41/-17
  • Cars on the brain
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Mazda6, Mazda MX-5 Miata (sold), Shelby 427S/C Cobra, Triumph Tiger 750
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2015, 07:15:06 am »
Sorry to hear about your terrible experience, but thanks for sharing it with the rest of us so our eyes are open.
"Anyone who drives faster than you is a Maniac,
and anyone who drives slower is an Idiot." - George Carlin