Author Topic: Removing Moss  (Read 4253 times)

Offline SeasideLass

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +6/-1
  • It's a good day when you laugh!
    • View Profile
Removing Moss
« on: April 14, 2015, 01:39:55 pm »
Hi, my car has loads of moss on it from the damp. In all the crevices, all over the roof and on top of any rubber, i.e. windows, windshield.

I am not alone in my moss misery, I see it on many wet Coast cars, but mine seems to have more, not just a thin line.
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. Dr. Suess

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +242/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
Re: Removing Moss
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2015, 09:18:11 am »
Mr Pickypants

Offline SeasideLass

• Auto Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2015, 01:54:05 pm »
Thanks blur. I'll look around for that product. Trust all is well with you.

Offline mrthompson

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +70/-42
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Honda CR-V (The Green Machine)
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2015, 01:54:14 pm »
Hi, my car has loads of moss on it from the damp. In all the crevices, all over the roof and on top of any rubber, i.e. windows, windshield.

I am not alone in my moss misery, I see it on many wet Coast cars, but mine seems to have more, not just a thin line.

Only came to state that I had never heard of moss growing on an operable/operating car.  Interesting!

Zinc is used on roofs to prevent moss. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHYC7z4OCKE

Offline SeasideLass

• Auto Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2015, 02:01:37 pm »
Now you have been wondering. I thought it was moss, but perhaps it is algae. It looks awful. My car is now two colours!

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1423/-2113
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2015, 02:02:30 pm »

Only came to state that I had never heard of moss growing on an operable/operating car.  Interesting!

^^ What he said....could you take some pics, Ive never heard of this?? Do you park your car in a surf pool??  ;D
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline SeasideLass

• Auto Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2015, 12:24:18 am »

^^ What he said....could you take some pics, Ive never heard of this?? Do you park your car in a surf pool??  ;D

I'll give it a try, not great pic taker. Looked at it today when I went out, and it looks awful. I park my car on the road (duh) but I'm only about 2 blocks from the sea. The winter has been very mild here for the most part and very, very wet at times....and I mean long lasting deluges.  Mine is not the only car affected - but perhaps because it's not used daily, it is worse than some of the "daily drivers".

Offline CRS Auotomotive Oakville

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Honda Accord 2.0
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2015, 04:20:44 am »
It's logical that is algae due to rain and water, you never stood a car a year so that the coated with moss.