Author Topic: Interview: Rolls-Royce CEO Torsten Mller-tvs  (Read 1757 times)

Offline Autos_Editor

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +91/-560
    • View Profile
Interview: Rolls-Royce CEO Torsten Mller-tvs
« on: August 22, 2014, 06:28:16 am »

Rolls-Royce does not sell cars.

Read More...

Offline redman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +100/-298
  • Make mine a flat white, triple shot.
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2010 Subaru Legacy Limited, 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT son's
Re: Interview: Rolls-Royce CEO Torsten Mller-tvs
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 09:17:21 am »
" Yes, the turbocharged V12 engines use a BMW block..."

I don't see this as being a problem, as the higher end BMW engines are some of the best engineered ICE on the planet.
Nothing better than having a tested engine with available parts practically world wide. Even if it means some non-exclusivity where it is not seen.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 02:38:19 pm by redman »
Past New (8yrs) Car Dealer for : BMW, Lexus, Nissan and Toyota<br />Past Used Vehicle Dealer: All Makes and Models. Seen a lot of it. Drove a lot of it. <br />Four-stroke Otto Engine 1876. Modern timer, pop-up toaster 1919 keep convincing yourself that you have the "latest appliance".

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +325/-227
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
Re: Interview: Rolls-Royce CEO Torsten Mller-tvs
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 12:48:12 pm »
agree. plus, the engine is the one thing that most of these driver don't care that much about. they care more about the leather on the seats than the block under the hood... do you think a rolls owner *ever* pops the hood on their car? hells to the no...

i love to see companies that can get by doing things that make zero logical or financial sense... just sticking to their core values...

kudos. and kudos to those who are willing to pay just so that i get to occasionally look at these machines.
i used to be addicted to soap, but i'm clean now