Author Topic: My pet peeve with many new cars.  (Read 4938 times)

Offline aquadorhj

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +271/-265
    • View Profile
  • Cars: MB SLK 55, Lexus NX, E46 M3, Honda Fit, VW Jetta, VW Rabbit, Saturn SC, Nissan NX,
Re: My pet peeve with many new cars.
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2015, 10:35:27 pm »
Pet peeve about new cars....

Most new cars have power windows, and most have AUTO power up windows only on the drivers side.  Usually have to get a top of the line trim, or a luxury brand to get it on drivers and passengers side.  Drives me nuts, as I open both windows at the same time.  It should be just one tap for each window and thats it.

And as previously mentioned, new cars not coming with automatic headlights.

Vw golf has Auto up/down on ALL windows.  My 2007 has it and new base model golf has them as well.

It drives me nuts on so called luxury cars (I'm looking at you, Acura, Cadillac, Lexus et al ) that they don't have auto up/down only  on driver window...

Driving thrills makes my wallet lighter.. and therefore makes me faster because i'm shedding weight... :D

Offline 2JDM

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +119/-141
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2015, 11:04:55 pm »
I got rid of my Goodyear Runflats on the 128i, and replaced them with non-runflat Michelin Pilot AS3's last week. I also ordered a compact spare from BMW.

Offline Patrick_D1

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +100/-103
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2024 GTI, 2024 Tiguan R-Line Black
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2015, 09:00:55 am »
Hate to say it, but you'll see much more of this in the years to come. With fuel economy regulations tightening, engineers are always looking for ways to cut weight. The spare tire/jack are seen as a great place to do just that. We've thankfully fought this trend off successfully, so far.
Manual gearbox evangelist. Die-hard automotive and motorsport enthusiast. Often found covered in mud.

Offline wing

• Big Wig
  • Administrator
  • Carma: +279/-320
  • If you ain't first ... you're last!
    • View Profile
    • Drivesideways
  • Cars: 2009 Lexus ISF, 2009 Lexus LX570,2011 Audi A5 Touring Car
My pet peeve with many new cars.
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2015, 09:13:45 am »
Doesn't matter most people wouldn't know how to change a tire anyways

Offline mlin32

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +65/-419
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Peugeot 308 GT; 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2015, 09:35:57 am »
Doesn't matter most people wouldn't know how to change a tire anyways
^This.
ø cons: Peugeot 308: Yamaha R3 [/URL]

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +289/-388
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 12 Mazda 5 GT 6MT
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2015, 09:46:25 am »

Most new cars have power windows, and most have AUTO power up windows only on the drivers side.  Usually have to get a top of the line trim, or a luxury brand to get it on drivers and passengers side.  Drives me nuts, as I open both windows at the same time.  It should be just one tap for each window and thats it.

Seems all trim levels of the Mazda 6 has it, but not the Mazda 3. Would be nice but not a deal breaker.

I do wish more cars had speed sensing door locks. Back in 2012, the Mazda 3 was one of the few cars that had speed sensing door locks. Jetta only had it with an automatic transmission that year. I also like my auto headlights, mostly like my rain sensing wipers, and wish I had auto climate controls.

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2015, 11:32:18 am »

Seems all trim levels of the Mazda 6 has it, but not the Mazda 3. Would be nice but not a deal breaker.

I do wish more cars had speed sensing door locks. Back in 2012, the Mazda 3 was one of the few cars that had speed sensing door locks. Jetta only had it with an automatic transmission that year. I also like my auto headlights, mostly like my rain sensing wipers, and wish I had auto climate controls.

If your referring to the automatic headlights, yes all my Mazda's have had them.  I am just saying it should be industry wide, with the same standard.  I don't like the speed sensing door locks, but I think it can be disengaged.  Just have gone through the menu to do it. 

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +325/-227
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2015, 04:21:37 pm »
hate the tire thing... but i can sell it quite easily.

"have you ever changed a spare?... oh really?.. never? well, then this works great! not only is it lighter and take up less space (leaving more room for your other stuff), but you don't have to jack up the car, you don't have to turn any wrenches or anything!... besides, for 5 years or 100,000kms, you'll just be calling the roadside assistance which is included at that price!"

personally though, i would be paying for the option or buying one at the scrappers.
i used to be addicted to soap, but i'm clean now