Author Topic: Dodge Charger Daytona Returns for 2013  (Read 7252 times)

Offline Autos_Editor

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +91/-560
    • View Profile
Dodge Charger Daytona Returns for 2013
« on: November 27, 2012, 07:14:04 am »

Debuting at the 2012 Los Angeles International Auto Show is the re-introduction of the legendary Charger Daytona. Available in Charger R/T and Charger R/T Road & Track trim levels, the 2013 Dodge Charger Daytona brings back the unique style of the historic Daytona package with all the modern performance and technology offered in the current Charger line-up. Just 2,500 units of the Daytona will be produced in this limited-production run.

Read More...

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1423/-2113
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
Re: Dodge Charger Daytona Returns for 2013
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 01:19:02 pm »
So no ridiculously high wing, no sloped nose with pop up headlights and no manual transmission.....wow....another set of stickers for a car by Chrysler.  ::)

This is a Daytona ^^^^^^
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 01:20:37 pm by Fobroader »
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline mrthompson

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +70/-42
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Honda CR-V (The Green Machine)

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile

Offline aquadorhj

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +271/-265
    • View Profile
  • Cars: MB SLK 55, Lexus NX, E46 M3, Honda Fit, VW Jetta, VW Rabbit, Saturn SC, Nissan NX,
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2012, 01:36:51 pm »
i bet it won't look anything like that model in blue.  ...

and even if it does, charger's so huge, .....

another thing is,  what's "R/T Road and Track package"?  R/T model already means Road/Track model, so it's "road/track/road/track" model?  isn't that redundant redundant?

Driving thrills makes my wallet lighter.. and therefore makes me faster because i'm shedding weight... :D

Offline Erik

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +60/-374
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2000 Honda Insight
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2012, 01:42:15 pm »

another thing is,  what's "R/T Road and Track package"?  R/T model already means Road/Track model, so it's "road/track/road/track" model?  isn't that redundant redundant?

Odd how a full size car would be so huge. Do you complain also about subcompact cars being so small?
"The car is the closest thing we will ever create to something that is alive." - Sir William Lyons

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2012, 01:44:42 pm »

Odd how a full size car would be so huge. Do you complain also about subcompact cars being so small?

No, but something branded a Daytona should follow in the lineage of the old one, the Charger is just a fat, 4door sedan, not a Daytona. Much like that stupid fwd creature they had in the 80's and 90's or the daytona Dodge Ram  :nono: :shake:

Offline aquadorhj

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +271/-265
    • View Profile
  • Cars: MB SLK 55, Lexus NX, E46 M3, Honda Fit, VW Jetta, VW Rabbit, Saturn SC, Nissan NX,
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2012, 01:47:11 pm »
what i meant, Erik, is that Charger's already so huge, that daytona nose trim would make that car even "huger" ;D

but i really love the way charger looks..  i only wish it was 20% smaller, with same 6.7L engine.   :D  that would make me smile..

Offline Erik

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2012, 02:10:25 pm »

No, but something branded a Daytona should follow in the lineage of the old one, the Charger is just a fat, 4door sedan, not a Daytona. Much like that stupid fwd creature they had in the 80's and 90's or the daytona Dodge Ram  :nono: :shake:

The last generation of Daytona was lots of fun. I almost bought one in purple (Plum Crazy) just because it was so different from the silver/grey Toyundai that everyone seems to drive.

I guess I am not bothered by the fact they are reusing a 40 year old name. It's their name. Studebaker actually used it on a version of the Lark.

Offline Erik

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2012, 02:11:59 pm »
what i meant, Erik, is that Charger's already so huge, that daytona nose trim would make that car even "huger" ;D

but i really love the way charger looks..  i only wish it was 20% smaller, with same 6.7L engine.   :D  that would make me smile..

That would be huger, for sure! :)

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2012, 02:16:50 pm »

The last generation of Daytona was lots of fun. I almost bought one in purple (Plum Crazy) just because it was so different from the silver/grey Toyundai that everyone seems to drive.

I guess I am not bothered by the fact they are reusing a 40 year old name. It's their name. Studebaker actually used it on a version of the Lark.

I guess that I am pissed that they are basically spitting on a great car with great history. Kind of how they made the Challenger an overweight and slow car that is not even a remote challenge for the Camaro/Mustang.

Offline CanuckS2K

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +398/-316
    • View Profile
    • Prestige Auto Detail
  • Cars: 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 2005 Honda S2000, 2014 Infiniti Q50S, 2017 Ford F-150 Lariat
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2012, 02:22:39 pm »
Sweet looking car!  Really really love that blue! 
Owner - Prestige Auto Detailing & Hammond River Brewing

Offline Erik

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2012, 02:24:39 pm »

I guess that I am pissed that they are basically spitting on a great car with great history. Kind of how they made the Challenger an overweight and slow car that is not even a remote challenge for the Camaro/Mustang.

Funny. Of the three, the Challenger is my favorite. I bought my 300C because I loved the Challenger SRT8 so much, but needed two back doors at the time.

And while it might be heavy, it sure ain't slow.

Offline Erik

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2012, 02:25:43 pm »
Sweet looking car!  Really really love that blue!

Me too. It will look amazing in the sea of Toronto silver/grey.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2012, 02:33:10 pm »

Funny. Of the three, the Challenger is my favorite. I bought my 300C because I loved the Challenger SRT8 so much, but needed two back doors at the time.

The 300SRT8 is a really cool car. 300C with the hemi isnt slow, but the Challanger with the 5.7 Hemi is outgunned easily by the Mustang/Camaros, thats why I dont like it.

Offline CanuckS2K

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
    • Prestige Auto Detail
  • Cars: 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 2005 Honda S2000, 2014 Infiniti Q50S, 2017 Ford F-150 Lariat
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2012, 02:39:36 pm »

I'd take a Mustang out of the three without question.......BUT, I really really like the Challenger a lot.  I'd easily take it over a Camaro.  Anytime I see a Challenger SRT8 on the streets, I do a double take.  I wouldn't buy any one of the Pony cars over the other for the sole reason that it's faster, I personally couldn't care less. 

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2012, 02:44:16 pm »

I'd take a Mustang out of the three without question.......BUT, I really really like the Challenger a lot.  I'd easily take it over a Camaro.  Anytime I see a Challenger SRT8 on the streets, I do a double take.  I wouldn't buy any one of the Pony cars over the other for the sole reason that it's faster, I personally couldn't care less.

I really like the look of the Challenger.....but the Mustang has all the speed and looks I need.

Offline Weels

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +253/-259
  • This is my happy face
    • View Profile
  • Cars: The 5's: 2023 Mazda CX-5, 2016 Mazda MX-5
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2012, 03:28:04 pm »
http://www.autoblog.com/2011/09/09/hpp-richard-petty-superbird-quick-spin-review/

Man, i'm really on the other side of the fence with this one... that is the most ridiculous, laughable thing i've seen since that Hot Wheels Camaro a few weeks ago.
Having said that, i'm just not a fan of the Challenger... the only Chrysler product I like with a Hemi stuffed under the hood is the 300C SRT8

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +325/-227
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2012, 03:30:34 pm »

here's one at sema that someone made from a challenger... so much better. all the good names are taken, so they have to go through the old bin 'o names they own to find some good ones... its too bad. the car is nice looking, but not a daytona.

ah well.

and yea.. its ridiculous... as was the original... might be best left as a model and a memory
i used to be addicted to soap, but i'm clean now

Offline CanuckS2K

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
    • Prestige Auto Detail
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2012, 03:35:09 pm »
^ What's the white and blue car behind the Daytona?