Author Topic: Warning of cars and information sharing in violation of Canadian privacy laws  (Read 1534 times)

Offline redman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +100/-298
  • Make mine a flat white, triple shot.
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2010 Subaru Legacy Limited, 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT son's

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/connected-cars-perfect-for-harvesting-personal-data-report-warns-1.3008956

Report titled "Connected cars: Who is in the driver's seat? warns new report warns.

Regulators need to step up and protect the privacy of car users at a time when the range and amount of potentially sensitive — and commercially valuable — data being collected by cars is growing, says a study funded by the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada and released today by the B.C. Freedom of Information and Privacy Association.
Past New (8yrs) Car Dealer for : BMW, Lexus, Nissan and Toyota<br />Past Used Vehicle Dealer: All Makes and Models. Seen a lot of it. Drove a lot of it. <br />Four-stroke Otto Engine 1876. Modern timer, pop-up toaster 1919 keep convincing yourself that you have the "latest appliance".

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1423/-2113
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
"The government is coming man, they have those silent, black helicopters man!!"  :foil: :foil: :foil:
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +702/-1347
  • “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.”
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
Time to invest in the future and by a older sports car.

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
What, like an S2000?

:p

Choosing a car based on reliability is like choosing a wife based solely because she is punctual. There is more to it than that...

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +310/-6811
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted
Received this OFFER  :-X  from my Insurance Perverts:

Plug the my Driving Discount device into your car and we’ll start collecting the data we need to help you save. We’ll review your acceleration, braking, and time of day that you drive, based on the kilometres driven.

On-Board Diagnostic port or OBD port– Intact Insurance

Connecting your my Driving Discount device is as simple as locating your OBD (On Board Diagnostic) port. It’s a small socket in your car that can usually be found under your dash, near the steering column. If you need help finding yours, check your vehicle owner’s manual.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 11:38:09 pm by ArticSteve »

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
What, like an S2000?

:p

Yeah....another reason to keep it  :P

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
Received this OFFER  :-X  from my Insurance Perverts:

Plug the my Driving Discount device into your car and we’ll start collecting the data we need to help you save. We’ll review your acceleration, braking, and time of day that you drive, based on the kilometres driven.

On-Board Diagnostic port or OBD port– Intact Insurance

Connecting your my Driving Discount device is as simple as locating your OBD (On Board Diagnostic) port. It’s a small socket in your car that can usually be found under your dash, near the steering column. If you need help finding yours, check your vehicle owner’s manual.

I wonder is some geek will figure out how to send false data

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
Lovin' the NA Miata more and more - not even OBDII.

Offline redman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +100/-298
  • Make mine a flat white, triple shot.
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2010 Subaru Legacy Limited, 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT son's