Author Topic: The things that make me sad, angry, and upset  (Read 2313686 times)

Offline tortoise

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +235/-453
    • View Profile
Only the slow and dim know where they're going in life, and seldom is it worth the trip. - Tom Robbins.

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-263
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Frontier Pro-4X, 2013 Lexus GS-350
Re: The things that make me sad, angry, and upset
« Reply #3841 on: April 28, 2016, 06:10:25 pm »
If the Pany doesn't heal itself again, (it's at the cottage, I'll check it once more) I think I'll go up in size for the same price.

VIZIO 39" 720p 120Hz LED Smart TV (D39h-D0) - Black
Model #: D39h-D0 Web Code: 10416750

Best Buy
$299.99

If I want to spend $600 I could get a 4k Vizio

If you're just looking for a relatively inexpensive 32" cottage TV, have you considered kijiji?   I bought a 30" LCD + an older rogers HD box off kijiji for $80.   Guy lived just a couple streets over from me and I was just looking for something cheap to mount on my unfinished basement wall for the home gym.

In your case, I'd go cheap (kijiji) or step the budget up and future proof with the 4K Vizio.

Yes, I found a 32" Toshiba for my mil last year on kijiji for $150 and it was practically new. 

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +381/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
« Reply #3842 on: April 28, 2016, 06:49:03 pm »
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. - Thomas Jefferson

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3843 on: April 28, 2016, 07:25:40 pm »
Phil Kives, K-Tel International founder, dies at 87

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/phil-kives-k-tel-winnipeg-obit-1.3556818

There goes an icon of the era!  I remember the k-tel records well and every other commercial on tv seemed to be for one of his products.

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #3844 on: April 28, 2016, 08:18:07 pm »
I LOVED K-Tel ads - never bought any of it save for one LP I wanted, but the TV spots were just awesome.  Saw a documentary about him - pretty interesting guy when you learn about the struggles.

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #3845 on: April 29, 2016, 08:32:25 am »
shoulda been Phil KNIVES......................seems all they sold at the end.................I heard he went out with

and extra heart attack INCLUDED............ >:D
Time is to stop everything happening at once

Offline aquadorhj

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +271/-265
    • View Profile
  • Cars: MB SLK 55, Lexus NX, E46 M3, Honda Fit, VW Jetta, VW Rabbit, Saturn SC, Nissan NX,
« Reply #3846 on: April 30, 2016, 08:07:32 pm »
Went to an open house near downtown. 

105 years old house,  maybe about 1250 sq ft.  The thing looks like its straight out of antique magazine.  Solid wood so old, its hard as rocks, and stained glass panels by front door that is older than my grandparents.   

Used to be sh1tty old neighborhood but with lota of redevelopment going on, ita hipster part of town now.

700k price tag...

edit: size, i got it wrong.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 08:12:11 pm by aquadorhj »

Driving thrills makes my wallet lighter.. and therefore makes me faster because i'm shedding weight... :D

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3847 on: April 30, 2016, 08:10:37 pm »

105 years old house,  maybe about 900 sq ft.  The thing looks like its straight out of antique magazine.  Solid wood so old, its hard as rocks, and stained glass panels by front door that is older than my grandparents.   

Used to be sh1tty old neighborhood but with lota of redevelopment going on, ita hipster part of town now.

700k price tag...

There's a 105 year old house in Calgary?!

;D

Offline aquadorhj

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +271/-265
    • View Profile
  • Cars: MB SLK 55, Lexus NX, E46 M3, Honda Fit, VW Jetta, VW Rabbit, Saturn SC, Nissan NX,
« Reply #3848 on: April 30, 2016, 08:13:41 pm »

105 years old house,  maybe about 900 sq ft.  The thing looks like its straight out of antique magazine.  Solid wood so old, its hard as rocks, and stained glass panels by front door that is older than my grandparents.   

700k price tag...

There's a 105 year old house in Calgary?!

;D

i know, right !?    it will probably qualify for "historical building" status soon.   ;D

Online Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1423/-2113
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #3849 on: April 30, 2016, 08:46:26 pm »
Thats in that neighborhood across from downtown, Kensington??

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Lighten up Francis.....

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #3850 on: April 30, 2016, 09:58:02 pm »
Built some raised bed box for the garden, headed into the shower
Went by the mechanical room and noticed water all over the floor
The hot water tank is done  :P
Will have some pricing tomorrow for a new tank install

Tankless?
Have hot water again
The plumber who was here , I have know him for 25 years , he said the tankless in this area have been only lasting a couple of years before they crap out

How old was the one that quit?  Ours is 17 yrs old now so i dont expect it to last much longer.  What did you get for a replacement?  Our current one is 60 gal, but wondering if the two of us could get by with a 40 gal.  :-\.
It was installed in 1997
I went to 40 Gal , there is only two of us

I'll ask you in a couple more months how you are managing before I decide on mine.  ;D
It can heat up 265 L per hour
We use have a 40 gal, before we move to the 50 gal, but we also had 4 kids at home
I am thinking it had be installed before '97
Tank cost was $499 plus tax from Home Depot
Installation and material  $246 with taxes

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3851 on: May 01, 2016, 06:52:53 am »

Tankless?
Have hot water again
The plumber who was here , I have know him for 25 years , he said the tankless in this area have been only lasting a couple of years before they crap out

How old was the one that quit?  Ours is 17 yrs old now so i dont expect it to last much longer.  What did you get for a replacement?  Our current one is 60 gal, but wondering if the two of us could get by with a 40 gal.  :-\.
It was installed in 1997

I'll ask you in a couple more months how you are managing before I decide on mine.  ;D
We use have a 40 gal, before we move to the 50 gal, but we also had 4 kids at home

Mine is from 1999 when the house was built.  I plan on replacing it by the end of summer.  After 17 years it doesn't owe me anything, but might if it breaks and makes a mess.  I already had to clean a mess a few months ago when the floor drain backed up and puked water all over the floor.

I will be buying a 40 gal also.  It's all the two of us need.

Your's is probably NG though right?  What brand did you buy?

This is gonna be an expensive year for us.  Besides the water heater, we have to get a new roof, new access door between garage and house, have to hire a guy with a tractor to put in some drainage for a couple of wet spots, and have to buy some screenage plants and do more landscaping to block the gap the fakin deer made after they ate most of my cedar hedge that blocks the view of my piggy neighbor's yard.  :P

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #3852 on: May 01, 2016, 07:07:41 am »

105 years old house,  maybe about 1250 sq ft.  The thing looks like its straight out of antique magazine.  Solid wood so old, its hard as rocks, and stained glass panels by front door that is older than my grandparents.   

700k price tag...

that place gave me tha shingles

Online OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +254/-768
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #3853 on: May 01, 2016, 07:52:15 am »

700k price tag...

That looks great, just need to replace the chain link fence with something a bit nicer.

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3854 on: May 01, 2016, 07:57:16 am »

Tankless?
Have hot water again

It was installed in 1997

Mine is from 1999 when the house was built.  I plan on replacing it by the end of summer.  After 17 years it doesn't owe me anything, but might if it breaks and makes a mess.  I already had to clean a mess a few months ago when the floor drain backed up and puked water all over the floor.

This is gonna be an expensive year for us.  Besides the water heater, we have to get a new roof, new access door between garage and house, have to hire a guy with a tractor to put in some drainage for a couple of wet spots, and have to buy some screenage plants and do more landscaping to block the gap the fakin deer made after they ate most of my cedar hedge that blocks the view of my piggy neighbor's yard.  :P
Rheem tank from Home Depot , the cheapest from a wholesaler was $560

I should have installed a pan , just thought of it now  :banghead:
http://www.homedepot.com/p/24-in-Plastic-Water-Heater-Drain-Pan-15021/204834496

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3855 on: May 01, 2016, 08:18:31 am »

Tankless?
Have hot water again

It was installed in 1997

Just drain it and slide one underneath.  It's probably worth the effort.  I broke mine when I was cleaning the mess from the floor drain backup, so I need a new one for the next unit.

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3856 on: May 01, 2016, 08:53:40 am »

Tankless?
Have hot water again

It was installed in 1997

Just drain it and slide one underneath.  It's probably worth the effort.  I broke mine when I was cleaning the mess from the floor drain backup, so I need a new one for the next unit.

Not sure if I could lift it without unhooking water, gas and chimney  :'(

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #3857 on: May 02, 2016, 07:37:14 am »
Ontario hydro rates increase again.

As a result of increases that kicked in May 1, the off-peak rate (weekends and holidays, and weekdays 7 p.m.-7 a.m.) is now 8.7 cents per kWh, the mid-peak rate (weekdays 7 a.m.-11 a.m. and 5 p.m.-7 p.m.) is 13.2 cents per kWh, and the on-peak charge (weekdays 11 a.m.-5 p.m.) is now 18 cents per kWh — the highest price ever for electricity under time-of-use (TOU) pricing in Ontario.

That doesn't include all the other fees they like to charge.

Offline mmret

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +240/-570
    • View Profile
« Reply #3858 on: May 02, 2016, 08:10:52 am »

As a result of increases that kicked in May 1, the off-peak rate (weekends and holidays, and weekdays 7 p.m.-7 a.m.) is now 8.7 cents per kWh, the mid-peak rate (weekdays 7 a.m.-11 a.m. and 5 p.m.-7 p.m.) is 13.2 cents per kWh, and the on-peak charge (weekdays 11 a.m.-5 p.m.) is now 18 cents per kWh — the highest price ever for electricity under time-of-use (TOU) pricing in Ontario.

Kathleen Wynne has one of the most punchable faces in politics.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

You can't just have your characters announce how they feel.
That makes me feel angry!

Present: 15.5 V60 T6 + Polestar, 17 MDX
Sometimes Borrow: 11 GLK350
Dark and Twisted Past: 13 TL AWD, 07 Z4 3.0si, 07 CLK550, 06 TSX, 07 Civic, 01 Grandma!

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-516
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Honda Passport Touring, 2006 SLK 55 AMG
« Reply #3859 on: May 02, 2016, 08:18:28 am »

Kathleen Wynne has one of the most punchable faces in politics.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

:rofl2:  :rofl2:  :iagree:   :rofl:
You live everyday. You only die once....