Author Topic: 2016 Prius ?  (Read 16048 times)

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-383
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
Re: 2016 Prius ?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2015, 10:12:28 pm »
The blue one I don't mind, hopefully that is what we'll get. And the pics look believable given that the Tokyo show is just a few months away; so someone could have come across magazine pictures or maybe these are inspired by the patent drawings? I will reserve my judgement until I see some photos. 
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach the man to fish and he wakes you up at 5 in the morning.

Offline EV-Light

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +125/-1490
    • View Profile
2016 Prius ?
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2015, 10:49:50 pm »
The first car doesn't fit with the new Toyota design pattern...not sure where they got it from.

Now the second one is very believable, I'd bet that's what the Prius will look like!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2015, 11:47:53 pm »
The first car doesn't fit with the new Toyota design pattern...not sure where they got it from.

Now the second one is very believable, I'd bet that's what the Prius will look like!

I hope so too. Here is their hydrogen car for comparison:

Offline bye

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +313/-518
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2015, 07:13:49 pm »
Not excited by the hybrid's on the market at present. 

Mercedes and other high end brands are closing in on Tesla Model S pricing, with none of the advantages of fully electric power/luxury.
Toyota and Ford filling the lower end and not producing compelling (to my anyway) alternative to a fully electric city car for a commute.

Wondering how the Volt Gen II will do, it's got more power, nicer looks and more tech than a lot of it's rivals.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7197
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2015, 07:17:32 pm »
Not excited by the hybrid's on the market at present. 

Mercedes and other high end brands are closing in on Tesla Model S pricing, with none of the advantages of fully electric power/luxury.
Toyota and Ford filling the lower end and not producing compelling (to my anyway) alternative to a fully electric city car for a commute.

Wondering how the Volt Gen II will do, it's got more power, nicer looks and more tech than a lot of it's rivals.

To be fair, Tesla is missing quite a few luxury/tech/safety items that other luxury cars have.  FFS..it doesn't even have lighted vanity mirror. At least on the one I looked at.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 07:21:39 pm by rrocket »
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Cord

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +104/-115
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2015, 09:11:47 pm »

I hope so too. Here is their hydrogen car for comparison:

Why must these cars be so ugly?
"If we can just believe something then we don't have to really think for ourselves, do we?" Paul Haggis

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2015, 09:14:07 pm »
^^I wonder too.  Surely it must be a drag thing.  Form follows function?

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2015, 09:20:37 pm »
I always liked the Prius looks in every generation. Kind of high tech and quirky, built to push the limits. This FCEV on the other hand  :-\  Looks like it's hood is getting blown up and the rest is a mess.

Offline Scaerio

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +193/-127
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2013 Volvo C30 T5; all my exes: 2005 Suzuki Aerio SE, '02 Renault Clio, '93 Volvo 850 GLT, '78 MB W-123 230
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2015, 10:11:16 pm »

To be fair, Tesla is missing quite a few luxury/tech/safety items that other luxury cars have.  FFS..it doesn't even have lighted vanity mirror. At least on the one I looked at.

Oh. My. Gawd.  How ever would you touch up your lipstick and eye-liner?  I may be the sockcucker of the forum, but some of you straight boys wear the princess crown a litttle too comfortably.   ;D
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 10:37:13 pm by Scaerio »
I'd rather be car-poor than house-poor...

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2015, 10:19:49 pm »

Oh. My. Gawd.  However would you touch up your lipstick and eye-liner?  I may be the sockcucker of the forum, but some of you straight boys wear the princess crown a litttle too comfortably.   ;D

The Tesla is touted as luxury..and that's just one instance of it missing an item that even crap-boxes have.  Now most of us won't use it...but still.  I know IQ would be annoyed with the omission.  FFS...a $10K econobox has lighted vanity mirrors.

I can list all other items it's missing.  I was merely pointing out a $1 option that Tesla couldn't put in their "luxury" car.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 10:22:20 pm by rrocket »

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2015, 10:20:15 pm »

Oh. My. Gawd.  However would you touch up your lipstick and eye-liner?  I may be the sockcucker of the forum, but some of you straight boys wear the princess crown a litttle too comfortably.   ;D

:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken

Offline Scaerio

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2013 Volvo C30 T5; all my exes: 2005 Suzuki Aerio SE, '02 Renault Clio, '93 Volvo 850 GLT, '78 MB W-123 230
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2015, 10:34:55 pm »

The Tesla is touted as luxury..and that's just one instance of it missing an item that even crap-boxes have.  Now most of us won't use it...but still.  I know IQ would be annoyed with the omission.  FFS...a $10K econobox has lighted vanity mirrors.

I can list all other items it's missing.  I was merely pointing out a $1 option that Tesla couldn't put in their "luxury" car.

I know where you were coming from, and you know I was teasing.  You're still one of my faves on the forum.  I kid 'cause I love.    :-*

Offline Scaerio

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2015, 10:36:42 pm »

Oh. My. Gawd.  How ever would you touch up your lipstick and eye-liner?  I may be the sockcucker of the forum, but some of you straight boys wear the princess crown a litttle too comfortably.   ;D

:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

Thank you, thank you -- I'm here all week!  ;D
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 10:38:28 pm by Scaerio »

Offline bye

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +313/-518
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2015, 08:20:04 pm »

Interesting take on it, yet for me, nothing is more luxurious than the confident quiet thrust and cruising the Tesla is capable of.  After thousands of km in a few days, I was still eager to get into the seat and blast away again, it's an event, no sh*t, it's an event to drive it a few minutes to pick up milk!

That said, I do wish it had two more cup holders, but that is nit picking.

I did some errands today and dropped into the Toronto Tesla store to get a charging adapter, while in the store, I had left the Tesla "on the plug" (one of the 8 supercharger stalls).  In that short time, the supercharger had added a weeks full of km to the car battery, no cost.  I doubt this will ever get old, but if it does, our next family car is a Tesla too.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2015, 04:12:31 am »

Interesting take on it, yet for me, nothing is more luxurious than the confident quiet thrust and cruising the Tesla is capable of.  After thousands of km in a few days, I was still eager to get into the seat and blast away again, it's an event, no sh*t, it's an event to drive it a few minutes to pick up milk!

That said, I do wish it had two more cup holders, but that is nit picking.

I did some errands today and dropped into the Toronto Tesla store to get a charging adapter, while in the store, I had left the Tesla "on the plug" (one of the 8 supercharger stalls).  In that short time, the supercharger had added a weeks full of km to the car battery, no cost.  I doubt this will ever get old, but if it does, our next family car is a Tesla too.

Nice perks for sure.  But I'd have to move cities to make it worthwhile to own a Tesla (as far as infrastructure goes).  And I still love the sounds of a high revving 6 banger or a roaring V8.  I'd miss that more than anything.

Offline me_2

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +300/-76
  • 2014 Volt, 2001 Saturn SW2. Son's DD: 2015 Volt
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2015, 09:05:56 am »

Nice perks for sure.  But I'd have to move cities to make it worthwhile to own a Tesla (as far as infrastructure goes).  And I still love the sounds of a high revving 6 banger or a roaring V8.  I'd miss that more than anything.

You'll probably find  soon or later a WiFi / Bluetooth OBDII reader for EV on after market, to capture the velocity change to translate that in user selectable, background sound effect add-on thru the car stereo system  ;D
Gone but not forgotten in chronological order: 2019 Volt, 2013 Volt, 2014 Spark EV, 2012 Volt and many others before...

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2015, 10:10:32 am »

You'll probably find  soon or later a WiFi / Bluetooth OBDII reader for EV on after market, to capture the velocity change to translate that in user selectable, background sound effect add-on thru the car stereo system  ;D

10 years in the future I'd like to have the current V8 Challenger (manual) in my garage for an occasional joyride, and I'd keep it as a low mileage classic that will only appreciate with time. Everyday driver though? Model 3 can't come soon enough.

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-263
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Frontier Pro-4X, 2013 Lexus GS-350
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2015, 11:32:57 am »

:rofl: :rofl2:  You win today I'm sure!   :cheers:

Offline Prius

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +0/-3
    • View Profile
2010 Prius Technology Package
LED ext./int. lights, 5000K HID low beams, OEM foglights, mudguards, USDM cargo mat