Author Topic: The things that make me sad, angry, and upset  (Read 2312443 times)

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +416/-1000
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '17 BMW X5 Xdrive35i, '11 BMW 328iXdrive,
Re: The things that make me sad, angry, and upset
« Reply #3260 on: February 11, 2016, 08:25:58 am »
They just want you to spend money while you wait.  Just like Shoppers.  15 min to put pills from a big container to a small container.

^ This!

Friends of mine (both doctors) joke that the primary qualification of a Pharmacist is being able to count past ten without having to take your socks off.  ;D
Old Jag convertible...one itch I won't have to scratch again.

Offline tortoise

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +235/-453
    • View Profile
« Reply #3261 on: February 11, 2016, 08:48:26 am »
Heh. Having seen them in action in a hospital setting suggests the complete opposite.

They're also pretty good at knowing what medications interact with each other.
Only the slow and dim know where they're going in life, and seldom is it worth the trip. - Tom Robbins.

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +416/-1000
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '17 BMW X5 Xdrive35i, '11 BMW 328iXdrive,
« Reply #3262 on: February 11, 2016, 09:06:12 am »
Heh. Having seen them in action in a hospital setting suggests the complete opposite.

Oh, I know.  That comment was fully "tongue in cheek" on my friend's part.

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #3263 on: February 11, 2016, 09:32:50 am »

Oh, I know.  That comment was fully "tongue in cheek" on my friend's part.

It's usually the Pharmacist that will brief on you on special instructions, or interactions with others things your taking.  But not so much the assistants.  Which are you in huge demand, very lucrative business.  Everything can be helped with medications! 

Offline redman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +100/-298
  • Make mine a flat white, triple shot.
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2010 Subaru Legacy Limited, 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT son's
« Reply #3264 on: February 11, 2016, 01:28:09 pm »

Reversing into garage and suddenly feel my lumbar support give out accompanied with a sound. Seems that the lumbar support gave way. I ended calling Subaru and they informed me that it's a know issue.
The clips give out that roll along the rail. Give me an estimate of $200 min. I think I can do without it for my 17Km drives to work and use a separate pillow on longer trips. May look at the seat in detail this summer but fine until then.
Past New (8yrs) Car Dealer for : BMW, Lexus, Nissan and Toyota<br />Past Used Vehicle Dealer: All Makes and Models. Seen a lot of it. Drove a lot of it. <br />Four-stroke Otto Engine 1876. Modern timer, pop-up toaster 1919 keep convincing yourself that you have the "latest appliance".

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +325/-227
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
« Reply #3265 on: February 11, 2016, 08:20:42 pm »
^^And a different reply would have improved Tooscoops credibility.

Maybe. But then he doesn't really need any more. In the $5000 world, buyers vastly outnumber sellers.

Well he has zero credibility to a new buyer....merely an ad doesn't give you any credibility whatsoever.

He had 2 people look at it within 24 hours. He doesn't need credibility. He has what many, many buyers want - a $5000 car.

yeah, did you read my ad? if you took a glimpse at it and thought i was some kind of troll, phisherman, or scam artist, you really are reaching! only bad thing about my ad is in one of the pictures, you can see a car dealership in the background...

and yeah, the car is already gone. i wasn't all that worried. actually had two offers (higher) than the one i took first... so definitely more buyers out there in that segment. if i was blue sky pricing or something, yeah, i'll be patient and answer anything... pricing it below retail market for a better than average car (for what it is!!) means i can pick and choose if i want...

so another annoyance... i have sold a used car to someone out of town.... 3 fricken weeks ago. we had just received the car that week, so no big deal that the auction hadn't sent ownerships yet... hadn't shown up by mid next week, so try for a lost... it was out of province, so no luck... have to call the auction. they drag their feet and finally find out it had incorrect info on the books, so the auction in halifax has to figure it out... then they have an issue and have to get a new ownership there, so they have to track down the original purchase for some reason.... snow storm apparently shuts them down for days... then they finally can do something, but need to apply for lost, send it to the original buyers or something ridiculous for verification... then send it to ontario... another snow storm closes even the shipping/mail, so delayed again... finally gets to ontario, but somehow disappears... eventually shows up this morning in toronto, so i apply for a lost, get it, transfer it and now i have to deliver the car 3+ hours away due to the annoyance to the customer (plus give them gas cards, free stuff, etc.)...

hate when something like this happens... (not exactly, as NOTHING just like this has ever happened to me in 16 years)... i feel bad for the customer, but i have been on the phone yelling at people every day for 3 weeks... i have had to spend minimum of 45 minutes on the phone EVERY day... getting everyone at the dealership mad at me for "getting them in trouble"...

in the end, we look like bad guys, i make hardly anything, i've used up favours all over and my work environment is tainted.... for one sale.
i used to be addicted to soap, but i'm clean now

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7197
    • View Profile
« Reply #3266 on: February 11, 2016, 08:53:43 pm »

in the end, we look like bad guys, i make hardly anything, i've used up favours all over and my work environment is tainted.... for one sale.

Welcome to how most of us do business...where the only thing that matters is doing it right.  And you did it right.  Nobody else like it?  F-them.  Frequently, doing the "right" thing is not always the "easiest" thing.

You can go home and look yourself in the mirror for a job well done.   :cheers:
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline aquadorhj

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +271/-265
    • View Profile
  • Cars: MB SLK 55, Lexus NX, E46 M3, Honda Fit, VW Jetta, VW Rabbit, Saturn SC, Nissan NX,
« Reply #3267 on: February 11, 2016, 09:26:02 pm »
Contacted a realtor about a property they listed, left voicemail.

He sends txt saying its conditionally sold. 

Wow, thanks....  so no other houses he wants to sell me eh..

They must be raking in the money by millions in sh1tty calgary market right now..

Driving thrills makes my wallet lighter.. and therefore makes me faster because i'm shedding weight... :D

Offline Firm

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +231/-1071
  • Urban Hick
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2010 XKR, 2007 DTS, 2006 Escalade, 2000 Sonoma ZQ8,1996 Firebird, 1996 Firebird Formula, 1985 Trans Am, 1984 Camaro, 1978 MGB x2
« Reply #3268 on: February 11, 2016, 09:29:06 pm »

Welcome to how most of us do business...where the only thing that matters is doing it right.  And you did it right.  Nobody else like it?  F-them.  Frequently, doing the "right" thing is not always the "easiest" thing.

You can go home and look yourself in the mirror for a job well done.   :cheers:

Well said.
...and welcome to my life  ;)

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7197
    • View Profile
« Reply #3269 on: February 11, 2016, 10:23:29 pm »

They must be raking in the money by millions in sh1tty calgary market right now..

Hmmm...I don't mind when a salesman doesn't try to sell me something I didn't ask for.

YMMV.

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-516
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Honda Passport Touring, 2006 SLK 55 AMG
« Reply #3270 on: February 12, 2016, 08:57:39 am »
^^And a different reply would have improved Tooscoops credibility.

Maybe. But then he doesn't really need any more. In the $5000 world, buyers vastly outnumber sellers.

Well he has zero credibility to a new buyer....merely an ad doesn't give you any credibility whatsoever.

He had 2 people look at it within 24 hours. He doesn't need credibility. He has what many, many buyers want - a $5000 car.

yeah, did you read my ad? if you took a glimpse at it and thought i was some kind of troll, phisherman, or scam artist, you really are reaching! only bad thing about my ad is in one of the pictures, you can see a car dealership in the background...

and yeah, the car is already gone. i wasn't all that worried. actually had two offers (higher) than the one i took first... so definitely more buyers out there in that segment. if i was blue sky pricing or something, yeah, i'll be patient and answer anything... pricing it below retail market for a better than average car (for what it is!!) means i can pick and choose if i want...

so another annoyance... i have sold a used car to someone out of town.... 3 fricken weeks ago. we had just received the car that week, so no big deal that the auction hadn't sent ownerships yet... hadn't shown up by mid next week, so try for a lost... it was out of province, so no luck... have to call the auction. they drag their feet and finally find out it had incorrect info on the books, so the auction in halifax has to figure it out... then they have an issue and have to get a new ownership there, so they have to track down the original purchase for some reason.... snow storm apparently shuts them down for days... then they finally can do something, but need to apply for lost, send it to the original buyers or something ridiculous for verification... then send it to ontario... another snow storm closes even the shipping/mail, so delayed again... finally gets to ontario, but somehow disappears... eventually shows up this morning in toronto, so i apply for a lost, get it, transfer it and now i have to deliver the car 3+ hours away due to the annoyance to the customer (plus give them gas cards, free stuff, etc.)...

hate when something like this happens... (not exactly, as NOTHING just like this has ever happened to me in 16 years)... i feel bad for the customer, but i have been on the phone yelling at people every day for 3 weeks... i have had to spend minimum of 45 minutes on the phone EVERY day... getting everyone at the dealership mad at me for "getting them in trouble"...

Must be some self satisfaction that you were able to get the job done though  ;D
You live everyday. You only die once....

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #3271 on: February 12, 2016, 09:26:02 am »

Hmmm...I don't mind when a salesman doesn't try to sell me something I didn't ask for.

YMMV.

But a salesman job is to sell.  If something is sold, ask the customer if there is something else he can help you with.  The very least he could just offer.

Offline tortoise

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +235/-453
    • View Profile
« Reply #3272 on: February 12, 2016, 10:11:57 am »
Or he'd rather dealing with a buyers agent than some random guy sending an e-mail.

Offline aquadorhj

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +271/-265
    • View Profile
  • Cars: MB SLK 55, Lexus NX, E46 M3, Honda Fit, VW Jetta, VW Rabbit, Saturn SC, Nissan NX,
« Reply #3273 on: February 12, 2016, 10:18:30 am »
Or he'd rather dealing with a buyers agent than some random guy sending an e-mail.

i get that.  not all realtors are about communicating with potential clients directly and don't want to deal with every random jackoffs that contacts them.

i'm not really that upset either.   i expect that from most realtors . a lot of them are worse than car salesman in that they don't want to lift a finger but want thousands and thousands in commission.

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #3274 on: February 12, 2016, 10:30:22 am »

i get that.  not all realtors are about communicating with potential clients directly and don't want to deal with every random jackoffs that contacts them.

i'm not really that upset either.   i expect that from most realtors . a lot of them are worse than car salesman in that they don't want to lift a finger but want thousands and thousands in commission.
Seriously
All he did was text you,  you made an effort to call him, he should have done the same

Offline CanuckS2K

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +398/-316
    • View Profile
    • Prestige Auto Detail
  • Cars: 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 2005 Honda S2000, 2014 Infiniti Q50S, 2017 Ford F-150 Lariat
« Reply #3275 on: February 12, 2016, 07:38:14 pm »
I could easily get away with just a carry on to fly to Toronto tomorrow, but with a few beers that I'm bringing up and also my dispensing stuff, it will need to be checked luggage.  And of course, AC charges an extra $57 return to check a piece of luggage.  As if they don't charge enough for the facking airfare itself.   ::) >:(
Owner - Prestige Auto Detailing & Hammond River Brewing

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #3276 on: February 12, 2016, 08:15:24 pm »
I could easily get away with just a carry on to fly to Toronto tomorrow, but with a few beers that I'm bringing up and also my dispensing stuff, it will need to be checked luggage.  And of course, AC charges an extra $57 return to check a piece of luggage.  As if they don't charge enough for the facking airfare itself.   ::) >:(

Military/ vets get 4 checked bags for free ,
which airline in Canada does not charge check bags in NA ?

Offline CanuckS2K

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
    • Prestige Auto Detail
  • Cars: 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 2005 Honda S2000, 2014 Infiniti Q50S, 2017 Ford F-150 Lariat
« Reply #3277 on: February 12, 2016, 08:20:28 pm »

Military/ vets get 4 checked bags for free ,
which airline in Canada does not charge check bags in NA ?

Military vets should very well get checked luggage, no matter how many pieces, at no charge.  I don't believe that any carrier in Canada now that doesn't charge for baggage.  P!sses me of though, because airfare is this Country is already through the roof.......or at least it is here out of the Maritimes. 

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #3278 on: February 12, 2016, 08:28:54 pm »
If you served abroad in a war zone you should get a hulluva lot more than no fees for luggage.  What makes me sad, angry and upset?  The way we treat our soldiers.  Every government in the last 40 years has done nothing but chip away at what our veterans receive - and that needs to stop.

I'm no fan of us sending our men and women into combat, but if we do, we damn well should take care of them.  Forever.

Offline CanuckS2K

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
    • Prestige Auto Detail
« Reply #3279 on: February 12, 2016, 08:30:35 pm »
^  100% agree John!