Author Topic: WeatherTech Vs Husky Liners  (Read 15330 times)

Offline carcrazed

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +39/-88
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Forester Touring; 2009 Civic EX-L
Re: WeatherTech Vs Husky Liners
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2014, 10:13:44 am »
FWIW, I have been using the ones from Findway since spring and it's been very good so far. 

I spilled some water the other day and it didn't even get absorbed into the carpet-like surface.

They fit very well in my MDX and stay in place securely.

I'll see how it performs in winter with snow & salt..

Offline blotter

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +92/-128
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 Taco
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2014, 02:36:39 pm »
^^^
Findway doesn't like the Tacoma!   ???

Offline Brig

• Brig
  • Carma: +396/-1400
  • Class Clown, Moderatrix and Resident Hag
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Mazda CX-3 GS AWD
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2014, 06:55:14 pm »
Husky has nothing for Hyundai.

Offline toolatecrew

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +16/-25
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2013 Ford Focus Titanium 5 speed with Handling Pack, 2007 Nissan Senta 6 speed
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2014, 09:51:04 pm »
Got the Husky's for the Focus . Bought them online for 136 shipped (F and R). Much less expensive than Weathertech.

Had them in for a week when we went on PEI vacation to contain the sand and stuff. I was really pleased. they didn't move at all, fit perfectly, nice deep coverage (lifted them out dumped all the and and none in the car) easy to wash them off. Rear mats cover the center tunnel too which I like.

I took them out and they will get their winter test in a couple of months sadley. Definitely recommend.

Northernridge

« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2014, 09:56:19 pm »
I think W-Tech makes some pretty slick liners for hatches, trunks and SUV cargo areas too. The full floor liner (2-piece) in the back of the Ridgeline covers under the rear seat too so the whole back floor is covered, not just the footwell.

Offline whaddaiknow

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +185/-4812
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2014, 10:25:13 pm »
I think W-Tech makes some pretty slick liners for hatches, trunks and SUV cargo areas too. The full floor liner (2-piece) in the back of the Ridgeline covers under the rear seat too so the whole back floor is covered, not just the footwell.
Reviving an old thread, but I just got a set for my E350 from Findway. I have to say I am very impressed. They fit nicely, look good, have a nice lip to prevent spillage, and for the price you can't beat it. I called them before ordering my set since they didn't have "black" colour available on their website. The guy on the other end of the phone updated the site within seconds while I was on the phone, I placed my order and got my mats on the second day.
I also have a wethertech set for my Odyssey. They fit good but feel very rigid and "plasticky". Having the choice, I would get another set from Findway again. Can't judge the book by its cover, I guess.
Just my $.02

Offline redman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +100/-298
  • Make mine a flat white, triple shot.
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2010 Subaru Legacy Limited, 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT son's
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2014, 08:42:14 am »
Reviving an old thread, but I just got a set for my E350 from Findway. I have to say I am very impressed. They fit nicely, look good, have a nice lip to prevent spillage, and for the price you can't beat it. I called them before ordering my set since they didn't have "black" colour available on their website. The guy on the other end of the phone updated the site within seconds while I was on the phone, I placed my order and got my mats on the second day.
I also have a wethertech set for my Odyssey. They fit good but feel very rigid and "plasticky". Having the choice, I would get another set from Findway again. Can't judge the book by its cover, I guess.
Just my $.02

The issue with findway (outside of the site) is simply that the product offerings are very limited. I looked into a mat set for our Jeep G.C. one of the best selling SUV in N.A.
Past New (8yrs) Car Dealer for : BMW, Lexus, Nissan and Toyota<br />Past Used Vehicle Dealer: All Makes and Models. Seen a lot of it. Drove a lot of it. <br />Four-stroke Otto Engine 1876. Modern timer, pop-up toaster 1919 keep convincing yourself that you have the "latest appliance".

Offline whaddaiknow

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2014, 09:55:14 am »
Just my $.02

The issue with findway (outside of the site) is simply that the product offerings are very limited. I looked into a mat set for our Jeep G.C. one of the best selling SUV in N.A.
Well, same can be said of others - weathertech doesn't make a set for the e350. So I don't see that as a knock against it.

Offline redman

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2010 Subaru Legacy Limited, 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT son's
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2014, 10:05:09 am »
Just my $.02

Well, same can be said of others - weathertech doesn't make a set for the e350. So I don't see that as a knock against it.

Weathertech may not offer a particular set for the E350 but if you delve further you will see that the offerings between Findway vs WT is dramatic. Findway has very limiting offerings by comparison.

I was able to find Product: Weathertech FloorLiner DigitalFit Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz 2011 E-Class Part Number: 44258-1-2 on their site.

Offline whaddaiknow

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2014, 10:41:46 am »
Just my $.02

Weathertech may not offer a particular set for the E350 but if you delve further you will see that the offerings between Findway vs WT is dramatic. Findway has very limiting offerings by comparison.

I was able to find Product: Weathertech FloorLiner DigitalFit Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz 2011 E-Class Part Number: 44258-1-2 on their site.

Good find. Still, I am only talking about the quality of the product and my own experience. I am very happy with my Findway. This morning, I took my 3 kids to school. Their boots were full of snow. After I dropped them off, I noticed the snow had melted and formed large beads of water. I simply removed the mats and shook the water off. Put them back in - as good as new. Couldn't ask for more.
I have no association with the company. I simply looked for the best bang for my buck, and for HALF of what weathetech charges for their product, I got better quality mats IMHO. I am still happy with my weathetech in the Odyssey, and long term they will serve me well given the abuse from the kids. But I can tell you that the weathetech logo had already peeled off, so I won't swear by them. The most expensive isn't always the best.

Offline redman

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2014, 11:37:57 am »
  ^^
^^^^
I went with the dealer set over Weathertech since they were less expensive but quite good. I agree that WT is expensive. Good find with FW. I would have gone that route if they made a set for the Jeep G.C.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 02:54:14 pm by redman »

Offline Weels

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +253/-259
  • This is my happy face
    • View Profile
  • Cars: The 5's: 2023 Mazda CX-5, 2016 Mazda MX-5
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2014, 02:53:13 pm »
I went with Weathertech's as no one else had anything for the Crosstrek
Agree with whadda that they are stiff/plasticky.  Something more pliable would be nice, but also bought the hatch mat and like that it is a stiffer material for that

Offline Brig

• Brig
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2014, 08:34:54 am »
I was at the WeatherTech store on the weekend to pick up a Christmas present for the man.  Very cool place.  Lots of gadgets and doodads to look at while you're waiting. 

https://www.facebook.com/WeatherTechCanada 

Offline blotter

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2014, 08:44:51 am »
I went with Weathertech's as no one else had anything for the Crosstrek
Agree with whadda that they are stiff/plasticky.  Something more pliable would be nice, but also bought the hatch mat and like that it is a stiffer material for that

the Husky Liners are pretty stiff too, but they fit like a glove. 
the stiffness is not noticed once in place and what's nice is that it looks easy to pull out without spilling anything.   

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +381/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2014, 09:42:41 am »
I'm having the WeatherTech vs Husky Liners debate right now.  I'm leaning towards the WeatherTeah as they leave an opening for the fuel door and trunk lid switches.
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. - Thomas Jefferson

Offline blotter

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2014, 10:05:03 am »
I'm having the WeatherTech vs Husky Liners debate right now.  I'm leaning towards the WeatherTeah as they leave an opening for the fuel door and trunk lid switches.

One thing that got me with the HL over WT is those hooks to hold the mats.
WeatherTech had openings for the hooks to snag on, this makes a hole for water and slush to leak out of.
The Husky Liners have a little bump which ensures no holes or openings for stuff to leak onto the carpet.

I don't have a fuel door switch, so it wasn't something to worry about.   Potential leaking might be something to consider.

Offline Weels

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +253/-259
  • This is my happy face
    • View Profile
  • Cars: The 5's: 2023 Mazda CX-5, 2016 Mazda MX-5
« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2014, 10:09:53 am »
One thing that got me with the HL over WT is those hooks to hold the mats.
WeatherTech had openings for the hooks to snag on, this makes a hole for water and slush to leak out of.

Interesting - my WT's have no hook holes

Offline HeliDriver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +175/-235
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Crosstrek Sport 6MT; 2011 Yukon XL 2500
« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2014, 11:19:33 am »
My GTI has plastic retaining snaps molded into the carpet, and the WT liners have a matching hole that snaps in perfectly. It's a tight fit, so water doesn't get through.

The Yukon has no mat retention system, so the WeatherTechs have a hole in them and came with a little hook thing that twists into the carpet and hooks into the liner to secure it. But after kicking the liner a few times, the hook pulls out of the carpet and is now basically useless. The WT liners are stiff enough that they don't move around too much, but they do move a little. And there is a small hole, but it has a raised lip - not a big deal, IMO as I never let so much snow in there that it would ever really puddle up.

Bottom line, I think much depends on the vehicle. VW has an awesome system for securing the mats, and WT has used it to full advantage. GM, not so much (not at all, actually).

Offline Brig

• Brig
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2014, 04:19:36 pm »
Well!  My Christmas Eve present was... a set of WTs for my Santa Fe!  They snap right into the floor, just like the carpet mats did.  Really great fit - I am impressed.   :thumbup:

Offline wing

• Big Wig
  • Administrator
  • Carma: +279/-320
  • If you ain't first ... you're last!
    • View Profile
    • Drivesideways
  • Cars: 2009 Lexus ISF, 2009 Lexus LX570,2011 Audi A5 Touring Car
WeatherTech Vs Husky Liners
« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2014, 04:46:32 pm »
It's Christmas eve already?  Haha

Congrats.  They are nice mats.  I was going to get a set for the ISF but it came with Lexus Winter mats anyways, but they are pretty suck.