Author Topic: Day-by-Day Review: 2015 Chevrolet Impala LTZ; Day 1  (Read 37448 times)

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
Re: Day-by-Day Review: 2015 Chevrolet Impala LTZ; Day 1
« Reply #100 on: January 26, 2015, 04:00:42 pm »
For a lot of people, Malibu and Impala are well regarded. Certainly well recognized.[/b

But remain year after year in the sales toilet.  ::)

Ask Scion marketing how well they're doing with that money pit.

What money pit would that be?    Lets see the chart.  :)

Just for sh*ts and giggles:

Toyota’s net income also led the industry for the quarter. Its profit was about 30 percent higher than Volkswagen’s 3.19 billion euros ($4.4 billion), and surpassed the combined earnings of General Motors, Ford Motor Co., Nissan Motor Co. and Honda Motor Co.

:flowers:

http://www.autonews.com/article/20140805/OEM/140809916/toyota-profit-surges-on-u.s.-suv-demand

See below. Chevrolet sold well over twice as many Impalas (140k US, 3.4k Canada) as Scion sold across their entire range combined (58k US, 3.9k Canada).

The brand is a money pit.
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken

Offline Jaeger

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +706/-12349
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 AWD, 2016 Honda Fit EX-L Navi, 2019 Genesis G80 3.3t Sport, 2021 Honda CB650R, 2023 Honda Monkey
« Reply #101 on: January 26, 2015, 05:17:50 pm »
Yes it is but I had more fun driving a Flex than the SHO. The real sleeper is the Flex Ecoboost.

Agreed.  At least the Flex isn't trying - unsuccessfully - to hide the fact that it is a huge barge.  There is a certain candor about the design that I have always appreciated.
Wokeism is nothing more than the recognition and opposition of bigotry in all its forms.  Bigots are predictably triggered.

Offline EV-Light

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +125/-1490
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 26, 2015, 05:23:44 pm »
Yes it is but I had more fun driving a Flex than the SHO. The real sleeper is the Flex Ecoboost.

I disagree, the Flex has too much body roll and the higher center of gravity doesn't help as well....the only problem with the SHO is the numb steering, but it seems like this is a new trend in the auto industry.

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #103 on: January 26, 2015, 05:47:31 pm »
SirO, don't waste time feeding the Toyota fans.  They are too stubborn.  And love the simplicity of Toyota appliances.  Impala over Avalon any day of the week for me.  Malibu goes back and forth, some redesigns as good as Accord (especially 2008).  GM wouldn't risk changing names, when they sell over 200,000 Malibus.   

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7197
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 26, 2015, 06:09:55 pm »

See below. Chevrolet sold well over twice as many Impalas (140k US, 3.4k Canada) as Scion sold across their entire range combined (58k US, 3.9k Canada).

So what does that prove?  Nothing, really.

Let's do the same exercise with the Camry.  The Camry alone sold DOUBLE the entire Buick line.   Roughly triple Cadillac.  By your reasoning, I guess those are money pits?  Actually, the Camry sold more cars than the entire lineups of each of these manufacturers: Acura, Audi, Buick, BMW, Cadillac,  Chrysler, Infiniti, Lexus, Lincoln, Mazda, Mercedes Benz, Porsche and Volvo.

Surely this means the Camry is the greatest automobile ever made?

How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Erik

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +60/-374
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2000 Honda Insight
« Reply #105 on: January 26, 2015, 07:05:22 pm »

Let's do the same exercise with the Camry.  The Camry alone sold DOUBLE the entire Buick line.   Roughly triple Cadillac.  By your reasoning, I guess those are money pits?  Actually, the Camry sold more cars than the entire lineups of each of these manufacturers: Acura, Audi, Buick, BMW, Cadillac,  Chrysler, Infiniti, Lexus, Lincoln, Mazda, Mercedes Benz, Porsche and Volvo.

And GM Sold more then twice as many pickups as Toyota sold Camrys. So I guess this means the GM pickup is even a better automobile. And the F-150 is the best of them all.

"The car is the closest thing we will ever create to something that is alive." - Sir William Lyons

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 26, 2015, 07:06:45 pm »

And GM Sold more then twice as many pickups as Toyota sold Camrys. So I guess this means the GM pickup is even a better automobile. And the F-150 is the best of them all.

Exactly!  Comparing apples to orange marmalade means nothing.

Offline Erik

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 26, 2015, 07:06:59 pm »
SirO, don't waste time feeding the Toyota fans.  They are too stubborn.  And love the simplicity of Toyota appliances.  Impala over Avalon any day of the week for me.  Malibu goes back and forth, some redesigns as good as Accord (especially 2008).  GM wouldn't risk changing names, when they sell over 200,000 Malibus.

Stubborn = stoopid? :)

Offline Erik

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 26, 2015, 07:07:38 pm »

Exactly!  Comparing apples to orange marmalade means nothing.

Explain that to your buddy AS.

Offline Erik

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 26, 2015, 07:09:07 pm »
These GM threads are always FANTASTIC.

Perhaps these TOADS at GM should stop living in the past and instead look forward  Consequently, why hang onto old name plates ???

The Malibu was always a horrible piece of junk, so why burden the newest one with the same loser name  :P  Just seems senseless.

Speaking of SENSELESS; what company would launch a "brand new" vehicle with the same name as the old one which will still be production for years  ???

A company that has a clue about marketing? A company that recognizes just how hard it is to establish a new nameplate? Ask Scion marketing how well they're doing with that money pit.

For a lot of people, Malibu and Impala are well regarded. Certainly well recognized.

I wouldn't expect a Toyota fanboi to get it.

The Impala has been in the top ten or so of US sales for the last decade at least, hasn't it?

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 26, 2015, 07:13:38 pm »
These GM threads are always FANTASTIC.

Perhaps these TOADS at GM should stop living in the past and instead look forward  Consequently, why hang onto old name plates ???

The Malibu was always a horrible piece of junk, so why burden the newest one with the same loser name  :P  Just seems senseless.

Speaking of SENSELESS; what company would launch a "brand new" vehicle with the same name as the old one which will still be production for years  ???

A company that has a clue about marketing? A company that recognizes just how hard it is to establish a new nameplate? Ask Scion marketing how well they're doing with that money pit.

For a lot of people, Malibu and Impala are well regarded. Certainly well recognized.

I wouldn't expect a Toyota fanboi to get it.

The Impala has been in the top ten or so of US sales for the last decade at least, hasn't it?

No.  Not even top 20.  Top 20 is about ~200,000 units per year (or so)...and that's what the Malibu did in its best year.

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #111 on: January 26, 2015, 07:21:29 pm »
^^ But it's a full size car.  How many full size cars are in the Top 20.  I doubt any...

Offline wing

• Big Wig
  • Administrator
  • Carma: +279/-320
  • If you ain't first ... you're last!
    • View Profile
    • Drivesideways
  • Cars: 2009 Lexus ISF, 2009 Lexus LX570,2011 Audi A5 Touring Car
« Reply #112 on: January 26, 2015, 07:53:21 pm »
Impala review :P

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-263
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Frontier Pro-4X, 2013 Lexus GS-350
« Reply #113 on: January 26, 2015, 07:56:09 pm »

• Car Crazy
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 26, 2015, 08:40:36 pm »

Yeah, cheaper, mainstream cars sell better than expensive ones. Imagine my surprise.  ::) But more on that later. ;D

Stevie was wondering why they stuck with the names they did. I brought up Scion as an example of how hard it is to establish new nameplates.

Considering that the much cheaper Scion brand is selling at less than half the rate of a single, relatively expensive model in an unpopular segment, leads me to believe that if the Impala is in the toilet as Stevie claims, Scion is snorkelling somewhere in the depths of the septic tank.

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +310/-6811
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted
« Reply #115 on: January 26, 2015, 08:48:50 pm »
Trying to extrapolate Scion sales to Impala sales is well .....  :rofl2:

GM will never separate their sales numbers for the two Impalas.  It's just that bad for the new one.  Losing money on everyone.

This is really all you need to know.

Toyota’s net income also led the industry for the quarter. Its profit was about 30 percent higher than Volkswagen’s 3.19 billion euros ($4.4 billion), and surpassed the combined earnings of General Motors, Ford Motor Co., Nissan Motor Co. and Honda Motor Co

• Car Crazy
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 26, 2015, 08:52:42 pm »
Trying to extrapolate Scion sales to Impala sales is well .....  :rofl2:

GM will never separate their sales numbers for the two Impalas.  It's just that bad for the new one.  Losing money on everyone.

This is really all you need to know.

Toyota’s net income also led the industry for the quarter. Its profit was about 30 percent higher than Volkswagen’s 3.19 billion euros ($4.4 billion), and surpassed the combined earnings of General Motors, Ford Motor Co., Nissan Motor Co. and Honda Motor Co

Toyota are going nowhere in China. The single largest, and fastest growing market on the planet. Meanwhile the Japanese domestic market is literally dying. It's a good thing they're sitting on a lot of cash, they're going to need it.

http://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Companies/VW-looking-to-surpass-Toyota-for-No.-1-spot

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aging_of_Japan

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #117 on: January 26, 2015, 08:57:33 pm »

About time that someone figured that out  :rofl2:

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +310/-6811
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted
« Reply #118 on: January 26, 2015, 09:33:24 pm »
Can this thread run to 10 pages?  :)

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 26, 2015, 09:37:42 pm »

About time that someone figured that out  :rofl2:

But it's #2 to the F-150.  Knowing that, I don't think you should be so smug about having a 1st place loser.   :rofl2: