Author Topic: Dodge Durango Limited  (Read 3919 times)

Offline Nicolas4786

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +0/-0
  • H O P E !!
    • View Profile
Dodge Durango Limited
« on: November 17, 2015, 04:17:10 am »
Hi guys,

Hope you will be able to advise me. Well I'm planning to buy a dodge durango (min year 2014)..is it a good car?what if i want to sell it in few years?will it depreciate a lot compared to other brands?

Thanking you all in advance.

Have a nice day ahead.

Nic.

Offline neil

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +20/-68
    • View Profile
Re: Dodge Durango Limited
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2015, 10:47:42 am »
Yes it's a good car, depreciation is no worse than other domestic brands.  If you buy a 2014 the worst of the depreciation was taken by the first owner.  Enjoy.

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +325/-227
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2015, 07:29:39 pm »
you can find a decent selection of limiteds that were daily rentals... pretty good buys, just be sure to look it over well. the rental companies won't put any fixes through insurance, so it's up to your eyes to find em...

they usually are a nice limited package with dvds.

so i'm guessing you are not really from malaysia? if it is ontario, near the center of the universe, let me know.. i sell em. (though i just sold my last in stock... can get one pretty quick)

i used to be addicted to soap, but i'm clean now

Offline Nicolas4786

• Learner's Permit
  • H O P E !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2015, 08:14:18 pm »
Hi Neil,

Thanks for your input  :D

Hi Tooscoops,

Yes I am from Malaysia and planing to move to Canada (Quebec) very soon.

Offline Nicolas4786

• Learner's Permit
  • H O P E !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2015, 12:54:42 am »
you can find a decent selection of limiteds that were daily rentals... pretty good buys, just be sure to look it over well. the rental companies won't put any fixes through insurance, so it's up to your eyes to find em...

they usually are a nice limited package with dvds.

so i'm guessing you are not really from malaysia? if it is ontario, near the center of the universe, let me know.. i sell em. (though i just sold my last in stock... can get one pretty quick)

Hi Tooscoops,
Since you are use with the dodge durango, can you please tell me about the fuel consumption and maintenance? let's say for a dodge durango limited year 2014, how much will I have to pay including all the taxes?

Cheers

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2015, 01:35:03 pm »
finding one of those would set you back in the low 40's likely (you will find more 2015's right now coming off short term leases[daily rentals] with under 20km). likely 42k or so... taxes in quebec are 15% if i remember correctly...  so you'll end up somewhere in the 48000 bucks by the time you are on the road assuming a touch of discount.

hope that helps!

Offline Nicolas4786

• Learner's Permit
  • H O P E !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2015, 08:08:13 pm »
finding one of those would set you back in the low 40's likely (you will find more 2015's right now coming off short term leases[daily rentals] with under 20km). likely 42k or so... taxes in quebec are 15% if i remember correctly...  so you'll end up somewhere in the 48000 bucks by the time you are on the road assuming a touch of discount.

hope that helps!

Hi Tooscoops,

Many thanks for your prompt feedback. I really like the dodge durango but I read so many bad reviews about it where people are saying after few months of use (below 120,000KM) their dodge started to break down for no apparent reason..and also there will be no more dodge durango after 2015 (at least for now)...have you ever got such complaints from your customers?

Offline Nicolas4786

• Learner's Permit
  • H O P E !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2015, 10:01:57 pm »
I've seen several ex rental 2014 and 15 SXT for @$32k.

Dear Careener,

Thank you for the link. However aside the durango what other reliable SUV can you recommend me?

Offline 2JDM

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +119/-141
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2015, 10:20:17 pm »
Toyota Highlander
Toyota 4Runner
Honda Pilot
Ford Explorer

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2015, 06:32:00 am »
What about an crewcab pick up with a cap on the box  ;D

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2015, 05:10:10 pm »
durango in the years you are looking is a pretty solid vehicle. as are most in it's segment.

sxt's are a bit different than the limited, but yeah.. definitely less coin. biggest difference is the heated leather interior with lots of little upgrades like back up cams, sensors and the like... only usually about 5k less new, so if you are ok without those other toys (the low 40's ones are usually dual dvd, navigation, sunroof, +, +, + and all are equipped similar), then they are a decent buy.

Offline Nicolas4786

• Learner's Permit
  • H O P E !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2015, 09:02:25 pm »
durango in the years you are looking is a pretty solid vehicle. as are most in it's segment.

sxt's are a bit different than the limited, but yeah.. definitely less coin. biggest difference is the heated leather interior with lots of little upgrades like back up cams, sensors and the like... only usually about 5k less new, so if you are ok without those other toys (the low 40's ones are usually dual dvd, navigation, sunroof, +, +, + and all are equipped similar), then they are a decent buy.

Thanks tooscoops,

I think i will stick to the limited..thanks for your feedback  ;D ;D ;D