Author Topic: I hope this isn't a sign of things to come.  (Read 349001 times)

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +416/-1000
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '17 BMW X5 Xdrive35i, '11 BMW 328iXdrive,
Re: I hope this isn't a sign of things to come.
« Reply #1180 on: October 08, 2016, 11:19:06 am »
^ He could do that. I say he should go for broke:

http://rules.config.landrover.com/jdxl/en_ca/l462_k17/3dcot/a-200ax-200ay-190_a-hse_a-std_a-std-wb/jdxmodel.html

What could go wrong?  ;D

You know, if the nearest dealer wasn't 400+ kms away I might actually consider looking at Land Rover. ;D

Lots of rumours that Land Rover/Jaguar is coming to Dieppe within a couple of years or so. Steele Auto already has a permanent Land Rover/Jaguar/Porsche "store" in Champlain Place and apparently you can go through the whole buying process (including delivery) there.

Did you see that Tri Store is building a second store in Dieppe? Impressive that NB will have two MB dealerships.

As for Teslas, there are a bunch of them in NB. I wouldn't be surprised to see Tesla stores in Halifax and Moncton once the Model 3 is readily available.

Yes, I understand that when the Steele group bought the Subaru store in Moncton and build the new location out by the airport they bought a lot of extra land....ie enough for a second dealership.

Still, even Moncton (90 minutes each way for me) would be a PITA if you ended up with a vehicle that needed warranty work. Our 328 wasn't an issue but then it only went to the dealer once a year for the annual service and never needed warranty work.

Tri Star is an interesting case. Lots of rumours when the news of the Moncton store came out that the SJ location might well close. Can NB really support two MB dealership locations?  They vehemently deny that and I see they have just added a drive in service drop off area here in SJ so maybe not....

My comments about Tesla were more about electric cars in general in NB   IE:  no Gov rebates for electric cars here, almost zero recharging infrastructure and a sparse, widely dispersed population.
Old Jag convertible...one itch I won't have to scratch again.

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
« Reply #1181 on: October 08, 2016, 04:16:27 pm »
And I complain 'cos the Audi dealer is a whole 20k away in Kitchener rather than the VW dealer just 5k away!     

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution.

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: December 08, 2016, 06:26:13 am »
A minor thing but I noticed a problem with the "Keyless Go" system yesterday. All of the exterior door handles have a small rubber button that locks the car when you touch them. The one in the rear left door has stopped working. Now that I think about it that is the one I would tend to use the most so maybe it would make sense that it would wear out first.

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +254/-768
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #1183 on: December 08, 2016, 08:48:12 am »
A minor thing but I noticed a problem with the "Keyless Go" system yesterday. All of the exterior door handles have a small rubber button that locks the car when you touch them. The one in the rear left door has stopped working. Now that I think about it that is the one I would tend to use the most so maybe it would make sense that it would wear out first.

Nice that you have them on the rear doors to begin with, I think most cars only have them on the front doors.

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: December 08, 2016, 12:59:25 pm »

Nice that you have them on the rear doors to begin with, I think most cars only have them on the front doors.

Yeah, I use the left rear one more than any to lock the car if I'm out somewhere (pull into parking spot, exit the car swinging the driver's door shut behind me and click the lock button on the rear door as I walk towards the rear of the car)

FWIW It's working again as of this morning. It may just have been frozen although it's never done that before.  :-\

Offline tortoise

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +235/-453
    • View Profile
« Reply #1185 on: December 08, 2016, 01:03:31 pm »
Now that I think about it that is the one I would tend to use the most so maybe it would make sense that it would wear out first.

Man, M-B has you right where they want you.

You: Hey, this part broke!

MB: Yeah, I guess it wore out.

You: Makes sense to me!  Can I have an E-Class loaner this time?

I kid of course. Buuuuut.....
Only the slow and dim know where they're going in life, and seldom is it worth the trip. - Tom Robbins.

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: December 26, 2016, 10:06:54 am »

Yeah, I use the left rear one more than any to lock the car if I'm out somewhere (pull into parking spot, exit the car swinging the driver's door shut behind me and click the lock button on the rear door as I walk towards the rear of the car)

FWIW It's working again as of this morning. It may just have been frozen although it's never done that before.  :-\

The lock quit working again about two weeks ago and has stayed that way this time. I'll get it checked next time I'm in for service. I thought the front parking sensors had gone again for a few days (alarm going off every time you rolled to a stop) but that seems to have passed...maybe some ice/road dirt over the sender?

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #1187 on: December 26, 2016, 11:20:42 am »

The lock quit working again about two weeks ago and has stayed that way this time. I'll get it checked next time I'm in for service. I thought the front parking sensors had gone again for a few days (alarm going off every time you rolled to a stop) but that seems to have passed...maybe some ice/road dirt over the sender?
And you are thinking of getting another MB  :o

Offline mmret

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +240/-570
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: December 26, 2016, 02:01:59 pm »

The GLK (and MDX for that matter) beeps a lot in the winter if there is a lot of gunk accumulated on the front bumper. But it has to be during snowfall, not just regular winter gunk.
You can't just have your characters announce how they feel.
That makes me feel angry!

Present: 15.5 V60 T6 + Polestar, 17 MDX
Sometimes Borrow: 11 GLK350
Dark and Twisted Past: 13 TL AWD, 07 Z4 3.0si, 07 CLK550, 06 TSX, 07 Civic, 01 Grandma!

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: March 01, 2017, 11:05:32 am »
Blind spot warning system is inoperative again....I've lost track but I think this is either the 4th or 5th time. It usually fails every January so it went an extra month this time with the modified senders  ::)

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #1190 on: March 01, 2017, 11:14:34 am »
A friend of mine just bought a used 2016 GLE Bluetec. I didn't direct him to this thread.
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken

Offline carcrazed

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +39/-88
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Forester Touring; 2009 Civic EX-L
« Reply #1191 on: March 01, 2017, 11:33:17 am »
A friend of mine just bought a used 2016 GLE Bluetec. I didn't direct him to this thread.

There had to be reason a 2016 was traded in so soon... unless the previous owner just couldn't afford it.

Offline mlin32

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +65/-419
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Peugeot 308 GT; 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
« Reply #1192 on: March 01, 2017, 11:51:16 am »

There had to be reason a 2016 was traded in so soon... unless the previous owner just couldn't afford it.
Could be a dealer demo/loaner.
ø cons: Peugeot 308: Yamaha R3 [/URL]

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #1193 on: March 01, 2017, 12:28:30 pm »
MB really sells a lot of 24 month leases - so an early 2016 could have just come off lease, or it was a demo or service loaner.

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #1194 on: March 01, 2017, 12:49:11 pm »
It was a short term lease, around 30k kms on it.

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #1195 on: March 01, 2017, 01:04:47 pm »
It was a short term lease, around 30k kms on it.

Makes perfect sense.  For some reason, MB advertises a lot of subvented 24 month-ish leases.

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: March 01, 2017, 03:49:27 pm »
 I had the car in today and just picked it up. They replaced one of the blindspot sending units under the extended warranty.

The locking issue with the exterior touch button on the rear door requires a new unit  ($276 parts plus about $130 labour). It is not a covered item as the button that failed is considered "trim"....  ???  I have to say that an electronic door locking mechanism being considered a trim item seems a little odd to me.

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +254/-768
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #1197 on: March 01, 2017, 03:58:30 pm »
Yeah, that's a bit ridiculous.

Offline mlin32

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +65/-419
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Peugeot 308 GT; 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
« Reply #1198 on: March 01, 2017, 03:59:15 pm »
The locking issue with the exterior touch button on the rear door requires a new unit  ($276 parts plus about $130 labour). It is not a covered item as the button that failed is considered "trim"....  ???  I have to say that an electronic door locking mechanism being considered a trim item seems a little odd to me.
I'd push back against that.

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: March 01, 2017, 04:10:24 pm »
From what I can read on the RO the actuator in the door handle tests as bad and the car needs an "exterior Keyless Go door handle". According to MB Canada these are considered "trim" and thus not covered. The SA said they have run into this before. When they imput the warranty authorization into the MB system for this repair it comes up as "denied"