Author Topic: Interesting MORONS seen on the way to work  (Read 973728 times)

Offline redman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +100/-298
  • Make mine a flat white, triple shot.
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2010 Subaru Legacy Limited, 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT son's
Re: Interesting MORONS seen on the way to work
« Reply #2340 on: May 21, 2015, 08:36:49 am »
On the way home yesterday. Douche in MB convertible, top down starts throwing out cigarette packaging out of his car. I'm directly behind him and can't believe what I'm seeing. I lay on the horn whereby he initially starts waving his hands and mouthing something. I reply accordingly whereby he gives the cat that swallowed the canary look at takes off, as I approach him while making a left into my neighborhood.

Time to get a dash cam I guess.
Past New (8yrs) Car Dealer for : BMW, Lexus, Nissan and Toyota<br />Past Used Vehicle Dealer: All Makes and Models. Seen a lot of it. Drove a lot of it. <br />Four-stroke Otto Engine 1876. Modern timer, pop-up toaster 1919 keep convincing yourself that you have the "latest appliance".

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #2341 on: May 21, 2015, 11:58:18 am »
Heading to the gym early - and found myself a little caught up in rush - ugh - forgot that every person on the road in rush drives like a lunatic with Ram drivers in particular acting like complete idiots.

People must LOVE their jobs.  Otherwise why would they be in such a hurry to get there?

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #2342 on: May 22, 2015, 06:34:38 am »
Acura TSX Wagon On the 401 heading to Toronto, did they sell them in Canada ?

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #2343 on: May 22, 2015, 07:01:41 am »

Are they a moron because they bought an Acura, a wagon or driving to TO?

Acura never sold the wagon in Canada but there are a few that have been imported.

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #2344 on: May 22, 2015, 07:05:08 am »

Are they a moron because they bought an Acura, a wagon or driving to TO?

Acura never sold the wagon in Canada but there are a few that have been imported.

Looks like I click on the wrong thread to post this , I thought it look pretty nice

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-263
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Frontier Pro-4X, 2013 Lexus GS-350
« Reply #2345 on: May 22, 2015, 07:41:23 am »
The young girl that veered into my lane this morning with her head down probably texting ffs!   >:( >:( 

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +254/-768
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #2346 on: May 22, 2015, 08:52:58 am »
I'm driving along at slightly below the 80 km/h speed limit (for once) and a guy in a van pulls out in front of me and putters along at 50 for a while. If you're going to pull out in front of someone, at least accelerate to the speed limit reasonably quickly.

Offline aquadorhj

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +271/-265
    • View Profile
  • Cars: MB SLK 55, Lexus NX, E46 M3, Honda Fit, VW Jetta, VW Rabbit, Saturn SC, Nissan NX,
« Reply #2347 on: May 25, 2015, 10:58:53 am »
few days ago, on my way home from work.

motorcyclist on mid size cruiser, on ramp   going from 70km/h road to 90 km/h road.  it's a long sweeping ramp, turning 270 degrees, but   he was going SO slow, I think a semitruck could have passed him if there was room.

this morning.   crash on divided highway, going the other way.

everyone in our direction was rubber necking so much, traffic came to a literal crawl.   as soon as we pass the accident scene, it's super highway again.    FXKING rubber neckers....

Driving thrills makes my wallet lighter.. and therefore makes me faster because i'm shedding weight... :D

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1423/-2113
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #2348 on: May 25, 2015, 11:43:04 am »
Guy on a crotch rocket this morning, they are building a huge overpass thing on Hwy 2 here and the speed limit goes to 80 from 110. Everyone usually follows the limit as there are always speed traps there as it is oh so tempting to speed, 3 freshly paved lanes, great sightlines and any "construction" happening does not effect the highway. This superbiker come mowing through traffic cutting people off and passing on the shoulder at I would say twice the limit of traffic. Lots of people stomping on brakes and swerving and close calls.....really man, its 8 am, a lot of people are not awake and on the ball yet, you really want to try out peoples reflexes at this hour??
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1423/-2113
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #2349 on: May 25, 2015, 01:42:51 pm »
Guy on a crotch rocket this morning, they are building a huge overpass thing on Hwy 2 here and the speed limit goes to 80 from 110. Everyone usually follows the limit as there are always speed traps there as it is oh so tempting to speed, 3 freshly paved lanes, great sightlines and any "construction" happening does not effect the highway. This superbiker come mowing through traffic cutting people off and passing on the shoulder at I would say twice the limit of traffic. Lots of people stomping on brakes and swerving and close calls.....really man, its 8 am, a lot of people are not awake and on the ball yet, you really want to try out peoples reflexes at this hour??

Dead by July 15th.

I hope not, I would never wish death on any of these idiots, but I hope they have a scary enough close call that they fill their shorts and change their attitude.

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +242/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
« Reply #2350 on: June 08, 2015, 08:39:05 pm »
As I'm turning left into a drugstore parking lot the person in the pickup behind me lays on the horn,  I think they were upset that I slowed and turned my flasher on, it must have baffled them and they nearly rear-ended me. 

So I guess they were warning me about the lousy driver behind me by honking.
Mr Pickypants

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #2351 on: June 08, 2015, 08:41:38 pm »

So I guess they were warning me about the lousy driver behind me by honking.

Some folks need to drive with their hazards on all the time.  Not "there is a hazard" but instead "I AM a hazard."

Offline Angry Chicken

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +131/-157
  • Don't get Clucky Angry!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: drei Deutsche
« Reply #2352 on: June 09, 2015, 09:16:45 am »
Well this moron wasn't on the road, just beside it and not in a vehicle.

Driving along a rural road in the Aldergrove area of Langley, some old dude is using his power lawn more to cut the little bit of grass on the gravel shoulder of the road. As  I drove past on the other side of the road, I could here the small pebbles hitting the lower part of the vehicle body. Reminds me, I have to check for chips. Darn.
When I'm mowing on the shoulder I always pause when people & cars pass me and the discharge chute is pointed towards the road.  Basic courtesy.

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +325/-227
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
« Reply #2353 on: June 09, 2015, 01:04:00 pm »
agreed... same with pedestrians walking by when i do the lawn...

my trip in today was during brutal rain... it would come and go, but was torrential when it was falling... the cars in front of me on the linc would be going 100, then the rain starts, so they hammer the brakes down to 70... then gun it back up to 110... then hammer on the brakes...

just brutal. i was two back of the guy who was initiating the tango and between me, the guy in front and the guy behind me, there was constantly someone doing the courtesy shift to allow a car room to get on the shoulder if they couldn't stop in time. luckily we all knew to leave a little extra room.
i used to be addicted to soap, but i'm clean now

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +254/-768
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #2354 on: June 10, 2015, 08:46:57 am »
Multiple people stopping ahead of the stop line in left turn lanes, resulting in them not getting the advance green.

Offline Travel360

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +5/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2355 on: June 11, 2015, 08:58:21 pm »
At Costco parking lot almost broadsided a couple of seniors.  I honcked but he never heard me- too focused  looking for a parking spot! Costco employees just laughed. Anyways I parked and walked up to the main entrance, that couple was still looking for a parking spot close to the entrance I guess.

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +242/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
« Reply #2356 on: June 13, 2015, 09:10:22 am »
Actually, seen at work.

A few days ago at the start of my shift I noticed a fellow sledgehammer mechanic in the parking lot in front of another co-worker's Camaro with the hood up, so I wander over to see what's up.  He had just re-attached a coolant hose that had popped off and was filling the rad with water.  The owner then shows up with the key and starts it.  I comment that I see the problem, it's only running on 6 cylinders (it's a 3800), obviously it needs a proper engine.
Anyhow, he wasn't amused, but I digress.

So we put in about 12 litres of water and it still needs more, hmmm.  I suggest pulling out the dipstick and sure enough, we find the coolant.  Obviously it has a head gasket or similar gone.
So Kevin (who is actually a licensed auto-mechanic) tells the guy he'd best just shut it off and call a tow-truck.  He says: "Have to get it home, wife was too cheap to get CAA plus and just have to get it home".   We ask where he lives and it's about 30km away, we both reply that he won't make it and his engine will be toast, but it's repairable now if he doesn't drive it.

Off he goes.

We take bets on how far he'll make it.

Next morning  we see him in the cafeteria when he gets to work. I won the bet, he didn't make it across town, let alone anywhere near his home.

I don't know if he just didn't believe us, or if he's that much of a moron.  Anyhow, he's shopping for a new engine.

Offline Scarecrow

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +41/-17
  • Cars on the brain
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Mazda6, Mazda MX-5 Miata (sold), Shelby 427S/C Cobra, Triumph Tiger 750
« Reply #2357 on: June 13, 2015, 10:08:03 am »
Gotta love those false economies.  Save $150 on a tow truck, but spend 10 grand on a new engine.   ???
"Anyone who drives faster than you is a Maniac,
and anyone who drives slower is an Idiot." - George Carlin

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2358 on: June 13, 2015, 10:31:12 am »
Yesterday on the freeway a motorcyclist was riding right on the lane-dividing line - so no one knew what lane he was in.  He was doing 90 in the 100 zone, so people were passing him on both sides - he seemed to be getting quite angry about it - no idea of why as he was being a total idiot.

In the last few years I notice more and more bikers ride to the far extreme side of their lane, right or left.  This is REALLY STUPID as it encourages cars to share your space.  Yesterday's moron takes the cake though riding right on the painted line.

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #2359 on: June 25, 2015, 04:38:38 pm »
Coming to a traffic light, it turns red so the car in front of me stops and so do I. The guy behind me thinks he is special changes lanes, speeds up and run the very red light. Thankfully none of the people on the sidewalk started to cross yet as he would have killed all of them.