Author Topic: Interesting MORONS seen on the way to work  (Read 974005 times)

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
Re: Interesting MORONS seen on the way to work
« Reply #2720 on: September 21, 2016, 06:52:49 pm »
A few days ago we were taking my FIL back to his care home after having some blood work done at Vernon Jubilee Hospital. We were in the right-turn lane going onto 32nd street which is part of Highway 97 and VERY busy that time of day. In front of us was a black Ford Escape with Alberta plates, it's left turn signal flashing. Sure enough, it edged across the road and tried to turn left into the southbound lane, cutting off northbound traffic in the process. When that didn't work, the driver changed his mind and turned right anyway, running over the median with his left front wheel. With traffic the way it was, I'm amazed he didn't hit anyone.  ???

As my in-laws live in Vernon, I know that EXACT spot, and I've seen quite a few people do similar stunts there - bad during the summer when there's lots of non-local drivers.  Don't get me started about summer Kelowna traffic and the crazy :censor: people do there!  Take one part local drivers, one part Alberta drivers that have no idea of where they're going and one last part of lower-mainland drivers visiting (and are plain crazy drivers) and it's a clustfck from which there is no escape.

Offline pi314

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +59/-95
    • View Profile
  • Cars: VW Golf Sportwagen 4Motion 6MT ;Dearly Departed 2015 Honda Fit EX 6MT
« Reply #2721 on: September 21, 2016, 07:19:00 pm »
There's a local hiking trailhead I drive to often. Parking is an unofficial lot, off the highway with a steep drop off through the gravel ditch, except for one spot where there's a more gentle stretch of about 30m of double track trail.

I have no problem taking the GTI through the 30m of double track, then through the gravel ditch and into the parking lot proper. But today some moron has decided that his WRX can't handle the gravel ditch, so he just left it parked in the middle of the double track, 5m off the highway.

Thanks for that.  ::)

You should have left your car directly behind it  ;D  :rofl2:

Offline mlin32

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +65/-419
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Peugeot 308 GT; 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
« Reply #2722 on: September 21, 2016, 11:03:52 pm »
People in the opposing directions, as usual, queuing in the middle of the intersection after their light has turned red because they tried to/thought they could clear the intersection. As a result, the double left-turn lanes can't move to get onto the on-ramp (next green cycle), so that backs up as well.

At no point do these types of drivers think:
"Hmm....my lane isn't moving further ahead and the light's about to turn, perhaps I shouldn't try to enter the intersection."

When this happens: If I'm the first one making the left, I usually deliberately start moving when my left turn light turns green and then stop or go around the morons clogging the road........at the very last moment. Perhaps give them a wake-up call.
ø cons: Peugeot 308: Yamaha R3 [/URL]

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +188/-375
    • View Profile
« Reply #2723 on: September 21, 2016, 11:56:37 pm »
Today I am on a street that has two left hand turn lanes. I am at the front of the line in the right hand left hand turn lane, so I will be turning into the curb lane upon turning. Next to me, there is an elderly lady in a Pilot, so when she turns she should be in the left lane. When the light is green I proceed, and this moron which I think is just turning wide actually just turns straight into the lane I should be occupying. My honk was not as polite as the one for the moron that stopped at a green light last week.

Well, your screen name does have "slow" in it...as the person in the outside lane, shouldn't that give you the incentive to nail it when the light turns green, beat her to the punch?  Isn't every red light just another race to the next one?  I'm usually doing my best John Force impression at a red light (when I'm alone), I'd be around the corner and gone before the inside person's even made the turn.  Gas pedal's on the right!  ;D  Mind you you'd probably get arrested in ON for racing or some shi7.

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +416/-1000
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '17 BMW X5 Xdrive35i, '11 BMW 328iXdrive,
« Reply #2724 on: September 22, 2016, 07:43:09 am »
Today I am on a street that has two left hand turn lanes. I am at the front of the line in the right hand left hand turn lane, so I will be turning into the curb lane upon turning. Next to me, there is an elderly lady in a Pilot, so when she turns she should be in the left lane. When the light is green I proceed, and this moron which I think is just turning wide actually just turns straight into the lane I should be occupying. My honk was not as polite as the one for the moron that stopped at a green light last week.

What you describe has happened to me several times. Now, when I'm in that situation I come off the line as fast a possible so I don't have to exit the turn with someone beside me
Old Jag convertible...one itch I won't have to scratch again.

Offline Angry Chicken

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +131/-157
  • Don't get Clucky Angry!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: drei Deutsche
« Reply #2725 on: September 28, 2016, 10:53:31 am »
Rhetorical question that has been asked here many times before:  Why do people jam their accelerator to the floor when you are passing them on a 2-lane road? 

ltruong

« Reply #2726 on: September 28, 2016, 11:25:56 am »
Rhetorical question that has been asked here many times before:  Why do people jam their accelerator to the floor when you are passing them on a 2-lane road?
Because of their Ego and lack of common sense. :rofl2:

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-516
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Honda Passport Touring, 2006 SLK 55 AMG
« Reply #2727 on: September 28, 2016, 11:29:46 am »

...because you just woke them up!
You live everyday. You only die once....

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #2728 on: September 28, 2016, 11:55:21 am »
Many do the same thing on ANY road...must be why the chickens don't cross the road anymore... :'(
Time is to stop everything happening at once

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-383
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
« Reply #2729 on: September 28, 2016, 12:00:18 pm »

Because when you take over you slow down to exact speed limit?  :P
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach the man to fish and he wakes you up at 5 in the morning.

Offline dash

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +2/-0
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Acura RLX hybrid
« Reply #2730 on: September 28, 2016, 12:10:04 pm »
Angry Chicken, from a radio discussion I heard,  there is a psychological reasons why drivers speed up when being passed, can't remember exactly the Doctors explanation, but in most cases it was not due to ego, but a subconscious feeling that they were going too slow at that moment.   
"Why be quiet, and thought a fool, when you can speak up and remove all doubt"

Offline Angry Chicken

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +131/-157
  • Don't get Clucky Angry!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: drei Deutsche
« Reply #2731 on: September 28, 2016, 01:49:56 pm »

Because when you take over you slow down to exact speed limit?  :P
I'll ignore the inference because you answered a rhetorical question after all.
Angry Chicken, from a radio discussion I heard,  there is a psychological reasons why drivers speed up when being passed, can't remember exactly the Doctors explanation, but in most cases it was not due to ego, but a subconscious feeling that they were going too slow at that moment.
I'm pretty sure it's both subconscious and not at all personal or directed at me since because to assume the opposite (like the person is trying to enforce the speed limit on me) would be too awful to contemplate.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 01:51:55 pm by Angry Chicken »

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2732 on: September 28, 2016, 01:58:52 pm »

So many people...so many cruise controls...so many who don't know how it works.  They could remain in their daze if only they hit the SET button...

Offline mlin32

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +65/-419
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Peugeot 308 GT; 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
« Reply #2733 on: October 02, 2016, 12:55:41 pm »
I find my worst driving experiences generally on weekends. Perhaps it is simply a different type of driver given I live in a tourist/weekend area.

1. On a free-flowing right turn with a yield sign and no traffic, the car in front of me comes to a stop as I turn my head to check for traffic. I don't like braking harder than I really need to- I almost laid on the horn. YIELD and STOP are not the same.

2. Another car in front of me indicates right. Sure, fine, you're about to turn at the intersection, no problem. He/she begins to turn right........*ohwrongturnwhoops* and snaps back into my lane as I am about drive by.

3. At a major intersection with busy traffic, pickup with a large trailer is in the left straight-away lane. I'm in the right lane, about to turn into the right turn lane. Pickup with trailer suddenly decides it's fine to swing across 2 lanes of traffic to make it to the right turn. Again, I don't like to brake quite that hard.

These examples why when the weather is nice, I prefer to hole myself up in my appartement on weekend afternoons. I don't need any more idiots and more stress on my weekends- I get enough of those on weekdays.  :stfu:

Offline EV-Light

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +125/-1490
    • View Profile
« Reply #2734 on: October 02, 2016, 10:17:49 pm »
I hate driving across railroad tracks.

I do slow down a lot when im in the bimmer...  Ride is punishing and im always worried it would knock something off balance...

Im sorry, guys... Im that guy slowing down across railroad tracks..   :-[

I never slow down for curves though... :bounce:

You'd have a huge headache doing that around here - Manitoba.

E.g. I went quadding yesterday, was driving at around 110-120 most of the way and drove over at least 6 rail tracks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2735 on: October 03, 2016, 12:07:05 am »

I just noticed you also (now?) have a 2016 Mustang GT? WTH you do!  Was there a "hey look at me!" thread? Now I gotta go look...

Nope...couldn't find it.  :'(
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 12:38:42 am by BWII »

Offline Brig

• Brig
  • Carma: +396/-1400
  • Class Clown, Moderatrix and Resident Hag
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Mazda CX-3 GS AWD
« Reply #2736 on: October 03, 2016, 07:35:58 am »

I just noticed you also (now?) have a 2016 Mustang GT? WTH you do!  Was there a "hey look at me!" thread? Now I gotta go look...

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-516
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Honda Passport Touring, 2006 SLK 55 AMG
« Reply #2737 on: October 03, 2016, 08:05:51 am »

:rofl:    :rofl:    :rofl:    :rofl:

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-263
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Frontier Pro-4X, 2013 Lexus GS-350
« Reply #2738 on: October 03, 2016, 08:40:44 am »
^^ First good laugh of the week!  :rofl2:

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #2739 on: October 03, 2016, 09:51:40 am »
Nailed that one Brigitte!  :rofl:

;D
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken