Author Topic: Inside Story: 2010 Toyota Highlander Hybrid  (Read 5371 times)

Offline Autos_Editor

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +91/-560
    • View Profile
Inside Story: 2010 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
« on: April 08, 2010, 04:03:00 am »

The only mid-size non-luxury hybrid SUV on the market, the Toyota Highlander Hybrid offers generous passenger and cargo space and a well-equipped cabin along with excellent fuel economy for a vehicle of its size, says interior reviewer, Michael Clark.

Read More...

Dan

Re: Inside Story: 2010 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 01:50:38 pm »
Whats with the ugly orange wood trim??? Looks hideous

Offline mrthompson

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +70/-42
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Honda CR-V (The Green Machine)
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 02:57:22 pm »
Sure looks orange-y, doesn't it?  Bleck.

Rice

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 06:50:23 pm »
Sure looks orange-y, doesn't it?  Bleck.

Buy a better screen  ;)

saurus

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 11:06:18 pm »
i found this article very hard to read.  please improve your author's writing style.

Offline Shnak

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +8/-49
  • New toy! :)
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2010 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2006 Kia Sportage
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2010, 09:45:29 am »
The only mid-size non-luxury hybrid SUV on the market....

Am I the only that has a problem with that statement when it applies to a vehicle that starts at $47,725? I'm sorry, but the $47,725 price tag puts this vehicle right into 'luxury' territory, and should be evaluated as such. For that money, you can get into an SUV from BMW, M-B, Audi, which will all pamper you with tons of luxury features. Why should the Highlander be judged on a different scale simply because it's made by Toyota? It's still sold with a 'luxury' price tag!!!

CatsEye68

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2010, 12:39:57 pm »
The only mid-size non-luxury hybrid SUV on the market....

Am I the only that has a problem with that statement when it applies to a vehicle that starts at $47,725? I'm sorry, but the $47,725 price tag puts this vehicle right into 'luxury' territory, and should be evaluated as such. For that money, you can get into an SUV from BMW, M-B, Audi, which will all pamper you with tons of luxury features. Why should the Highlander be judged on a different scale simply because it's made by Toyota? It's still sold with a 'luxury' price tag!!!

Agreed, it is hideously overpriced, like all Highlanders. It's in the luxury price class but delivers only mainstream features.

George Levecque

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2010, 07:50:09 am »
For serious Buyers of this Vehicle, suggest you price them in the USA! Now the Canadian dollar is even with the USA one more or less and Toyota allows Warranty coverage unlike other Makers!
European Luxury vehicles are not known for having a long life in so many ways from Electrics to Mechanical features, whereas Toyota in my estimation is better over all!
The only thing I don't like is the CVT transmission, I guess after all the problems Toyota had with the 5 speed Automatic they decided to use the Snow mobile Transmission?