Author Topic: The things that make me sad, angry, and upset  (Read 2287421 times)

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
Re: The things that make me sad, angry, and upset
« Reply #4920 on: October 27, 2016, 11:27:52 am »
Compared to some of the other outlets around here, like the ones in Niagara (both sides), and PA.  I didn't find any better deals.  Although the selection was decent.  The dollar was part of the issue.

Last time I went it was after their black Friday sales... so everything was marked down even more.  Love Vegas though, it's something to see!  Weather would've been decent this time of year for you.

It was a good trip.  But I don't love vegas.  Plan to go only 1 more time when the kids are older to see the Gran Canyon, and Hoover Dam. 

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +251/-764
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR
« Reply #4921 on: October 27, 2016, 11:33:29 am »
Compared to some of the other outlets around here, like the ones in Niagara (both sides), and PA.  I didn't find any better deals.  Although the selection was decent.  The dollar was part of the issue.

Last time I went it was after their black Friday sales... so everything was marked down even more.  Love Vegas though, it's something to see!  Weather would've been decent this time of year for you.

It was a good trip.  But I don't love vegas.  Plan to go only 1 more time when the kids are older to see the Gran Canyon, and Hoover Dam.

I'm with you. I find the stuff around that area way more interesting than Vegas itself. When I was there a couple years ago for a bachelor party two of us left a day later than everyone else because flights were way cheaper, so we rented a Mustang and did a whirlwind ~30 hour loop. We went to the Hoover Dam, then did a stint on the old Route 66, went to the Grand Canyon, then down to Flagstaff for the night where we hit up a brewpub. The next morning we headed north on 89 to Marble Canyon and then took 89A west which was a really cool drive. Then up into Utah for a quick tour through Zion National Park before heading back to Vegas on I15.

Utah was awesome and we only saw a tiny part of it. Would love to go back to see more.

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #4922 on: October 27, 2016, 12:38:58 pm »
We went to the Hoover Dam, then did a stint on the old Route 66, went to the Grand Canyon, then down to Flagstaff for the night where we hit up a brewpub. The next morning we headed north on 89 to Marble Canyon and then took 89A west which was a really cool drive. Then up into Utah for a quick tour through Zion National Park before heading back to Vegas on I15.

Utah was awesome and we only saw a tiny part of it. Would love to go back to see more.

That is an awesome drive :thumbup:  Zion is one of my top 3 favorite American Nation Parks.

The best parts of the Grand Canyon are away from all the tourists in the back country.

Next time you are back in that area, make time to hike Little Wild Horse Canyon. Just check the forecast first.

And then just outside Moab, hit up Fishers Tower.

I miss the desert.

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +416/-1000
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '17 BMW X5 Xdrive35i, '11 BMW 328iXdrive,
« Reply #4923 on: October 27, 2016, 12:39:36 pm »
Teens that saunter across the street (usually crossing at an angle) mid block and seem to dare you to hit them.
Old Jag convertible...one itch I won't have to scratch again.

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4924 on: October 27, 2016, 03:11:16 pm »
We went to the Hoover Dam, then did a stint on the old Route 66, went to the Grand Canyon, then down to Flagstaff for the night where we hit up a brewpub. The next morning we headed north on 89 to Marble Canyon and then took 89A west which was a really cool drive. Then up into Utah for a quick tour through Zion National Park before heading back to Vegas on I15.

That is an awesome drive :thumbup:  Zion is one of my top 3 favorite American Nation Parks.

The best parts of the Grand Canyon are away from all the tourists in the back country.

Next time you are back in that area, make time to hike Little Wild Horse Canyon. Just check the forecast first.

I miss the desert.

Awesome pics. My wife wants to go to Vegas at some point (she's never been) so there's a good chance we'll spend some more time in that area at some point.

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +309/-6810
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted
« Reply #4925 on: October 27, 2016, 03:53:51 pm »
Teens that saunter across the street (usually crossing at an angle) mid block and seem to dare you to hit them.

Exactly.  My Mustang has the loudest set of horns I have every heard in a car and I let those douchebags have it.   :rofl2:    If everyone let them have then they'd stop.   Of course one day one of them will get nailed and the driver will take the rap at least insurance wise.

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #4926 on: October 27, 2016, 04:31:31 pm »
Looking at my credit card e-statement after getting back from Las Vegas...
Did you use a US card or a no fee card ?

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #4927 on: October 27, 2016, 04:44:43 pm »

I don't have a US card.  Not sure I would have much use for it.  As this is my first time flying to the US for a vacation (in 36 years).  When you say no fee, I have no annual fees on my credit card if that's what you mean. 

I am not one to charge everything to a credit card and get points, then pay it off at the end of the month.  As my income fluctuates from month to month, it would make me uncomfortable.  So we just have one credit card with a small limit, and pay it off as quick as possible.  If we can't do it in the month, we transfer it to the LOC. 

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #4928 on: October 27, 2016, 05:03:22 pm »
My Dad has an aortic aneurysm - large enough to be worrisome, not large enough to be operative.  The surgery is very dangerous.

If you smoke, stop now. Any health issues my dad has had are from when he smoked.

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4929 on: October 27, 2016, 05:16:07 pm »
My Dad has an aortic aneurysm - large enough to be worrisome, not large enough to be operative.  The surgery is very dangerous.

If you smoke, stop now. Any health issues my dad has had are from when he smoked.
Does that included cigars ?
What about medical pot ?

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4930 on: October 27, 2016, 05:17:50 pm »

I don't have a US card.  Not sure I would have much use for it.  As this is my first time flying to the US for a vacation (in 36 years).  When you say no fee, I have no annual fees on my credit card if that's what you mean. 

I am not one to charge everything to a credit card and get points, then pay it off at the end of the month.  As my income fluctuates from month to month, it would make me uncomfortable.  So we just have one credit card with a small limit, and pay it off as quick as possible.  If we can't do it in the month, we transfer it to the LOC.

I think he means a CC that doesn't charge FOREX fees.

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4931 on: October 27, 2016, 05:19:00 pm »

A CC like Amazon Captial One card , it has no foreign transaction fees , the fee cc charge on top of the exchange fee
We charge everything on CC 

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1249/-7194
    • View Profile
« Reply #4932 on: October 27, 2016, 05:23:52 pm »
My furnace needed a new control board.  Looks like it's going to cost $500+   :(
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Cord

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +104/-115
    • View Profile
« Reply #4933 on: October 27, 2016, 08:35:51 pm »
All the cars on the street in front of my house got egged last night. Lots of eggs. Three empty cartons on the ground. Little bastards.
"If we can just believe something then we don't have to really think for ourselves, do we?" Paul Haggis

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4934 on: October 27, 2016, 08:41:10 pm »
All the cars on the street in front of my house got egged last night. Lots of eggs. Three empty cartons on the ground. Little bastards.

My Lexus got an egg tossed at it once..going about 80km/h.  Door needed repainting.

We caught the kids that did it too.   ;)

Offline Hannibalsmith

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +100/-137
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Porsche Cayman GTS 4.0, 2015 BMW 335i, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Offroad
« Reply #4935 on: October 27, 2016, 08:56:18 pm »
My furnace needed a new control board.  Looks like it's going to cost $500+   :(

Furnace / AC call seem to be in $500 multiples these days...
I love it when a plan comes together.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4936 on: October 27, 2016, 09:20:53 pm »

Furnace / AC call seem to be in $500 multiples these days...

I was quoted $650 for the part including all taxes and install. 

I look in the US, and the part is $150 OEM and $90 for aftermarket.  And it looks like I could install it myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EoQtvOlsag

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +381/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
« Reply #4937 on: October 27, 2016, 09:22:49 pm »

I miss the desert.

Facking awesome. 
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Brig

• Brig
  • Carma: +396/-1400
  • Class Clown, Moderatrix and Resident Hag
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Mazda CX-3 GS AWD
« Reply #4938 on: October 27, 2016, 09:23:24 pm »

That's what killed my dad.  He didn't know he had one.  It started leaking, then it ruptured once he got to the hospital.  He was 64.

That said, a colleague's FIL was lucky that his was caught by his GP in time.  Surgery was done, and he's okay now.

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +242/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
« Reply #4939 on: October 27, 2016, 09:23:45 pm »

Does that included cigars ?
What about medical pot ?

A friend has  a prescription for medical pot, he is supposed to vape it. doctor was quite adamant.
Mr Pickypants