Author Topic: Expedition Overland - Return to the Mackenzie Trail  (Read 1139 times)

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +267/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
Expedition Overland - Return to the Mackenzie Trail
« on: October 24, 2016, 02:24:39 pm »
Y'all need to watch this video series. 

This is Expedition Overland's Mackenzie Trail Expedition take 2.  In my opinion, it's their best yet. 

While the Alaska expedition was entertaining and very well produced, they did an awful lot of road, and the journey was a bit of a letdown from an all-out capability viewpoint.

The Central America expedition had some cool roads, scenery, and a little bit of off-roading, but the whole thing was produced like some kind of big Toyota advertisement. 

Well, it looks like they learned their lessons re. the rolling advertisements, and dialed it down a little.

This Mackenzie Trail expedition is EPIC.  Almost all of it is heavy off-road with lots of trials like fuel shortages, bogs to cross, hundreds (thousands?!?) of downed trees across the trail, etc.  All of it is beautifully filmed with an eye for the landscape and the camaraderie between the crew. 

This series makes me want to buy a Toyota truck and go Overlanding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvLW7peKges

Offline Hannibalsmith

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +101/-137
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Porsche Cayman GTS 4.0, 2015 BMW 335i, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Offroad
Re: Expedition Overland - Return to the Mackenzie Trail
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016, 02:56:18 pm »

This series makes me want to buy a Toyota truck and go Overlanding.

In 2017, you'll be able to buy a Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro in Canada...just saying ;)

http://www.toyota.ca/toyota/en/company-info/news/post/own-the-offroad-introducing-the-2017-toyota-4runner-trd-pro
I love it when a plan comes together.

Offline mrthompson

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +70/-42
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Honda CR-V (The Green Machine)
Re: Expedition Overland - Return to the Mackenzie Trail
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 12:45:26 pm »
 :thumbup: