Author Topic: The things that make me sad, angry, and upset  (Read 2309828 times)

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +702/-1347
  • “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.”
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
Re: The things that make me sad, angry, and upset
« Reply #440 on: March 28, 2015, 04:25:19 pm »
Hearing about the tragedy that took place at the Nurburgring during today's VLN race: http://bridgetogantry.com/2/index.php/racing-at-the-ring/693-vln1-tragedy-at-flugplatz

Terrible, not only for those affected and their loved ones, but also for the driver. Through no fault of his own, he'll now have this on his conscience for the rest of his life. A tragic reminder that all race tracks are inherently dangerous, even if you're just a spectator.

Tragic, but why is it not the drivers fault?

Offline Travel360

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +5/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: March 28, 2015, 05:17:43 pm »
Its not supposed to fly ;D

Offline Patrick_D1

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +100/-103
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2024 GTI, 2024 Tiguan R-Line Black
« Reply #442 on: March 28, 2015, 05:58:50 pm »
Hearing about the tragedy that took place at the Nurburgring during today's VLN race: http://bridgetogantry.com/2/index.php/racing-at-the-ring/693-vln1-tragedy-at-flugplatz

Terrible, not only for those affected and their loved ones, but also for the driver. Through no fault of his own, he'll now have this on his conscience for the rest of his life. A tragic reminder that all race tracks are inherently dangerous, even if you're just a spectator.

Tragic, but why is it not the drivers fault?

Flugplatz (literally "Airport") is a jump caused by a crest in the track. All fast cars get airborne here. While the true cause has yet to be determined, I can't see how the driver could have averted this.

If a high-downforce car becomes too separated from the racing surface, air rushes into the low-pressure void underneath. Because they're flat-bottomed, the car essentially becomes a kite. Once this occurs, the driver is merely along for the ride. It's possible something was amiss with the aero package on the Nissan. Otherwise, it's more likely just a freak accident that highlights the dangers of the Nordschleife.
Manual gearbox evangelist. Die-hard automotive and motorsport enthusiast. Often found covered in mud.

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +325/-227
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
« Reply #443 on: March 28, 2015, 09:08:05 pm »
driving fast, crashing happens... you can't blame the driver for that... pretty sure it wasn't their intention. a spectator wanting to be in arguably the most dangerous area of the track knowing that it is a chain link fence protecting them from tonnes of speeding metal knows they are in some danger. that danger is why they want to be there...

tragedy for all involved.
i used to be addicted to soap, but i'm clean now

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1423/-2113
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #444 on: March 31, 2015, 05:25:29 pm »
Whoa whoa whoa......$280 for a mortgage?!?!?!?! WTF....how???
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
« Reply #445 on: March 31, 2015, 05:44:21 pm »
Went to the bank to see if we can qualify for a mortgage.

Apparently it's a maybe. He said maybe not but he can't say it's a "no".

What irritates me is WHY!

Because we don't live off credit and up to our necks in debt like most Canadians, we have no credit rating. Because we PAY our debts and our bills on time and owe no one anything we are punished. Bloody stupid as HELL! But that's the situation.

And so we had to get credit cards and were told to use them at least once a month as it'll help build a credit rating.

Bloody stupid world we live in eh? If we live below our means and frugally, buying only what we can actually afford it's considered a BAD thing!  Pathetic.   :(

We have to get credit cards that we don't want or need to purposely get into debt and then out of again to prove we are "responsible".  ???

Now IF we DID get the mortgage on what we've discussed so far on the house we want, it'd be only $280 a month which is a fraction of what we pay for rent which we have NEVER skipped on yet they are worried we can't afford it??? WTF?? And upping that payment to double apparently won't help us as it would actually HURT our chances of getting it!

That's just bloody messed up man.  >:(

Sad but true. While in University I made sure my daughter got a few credit cards and used them. When she graduated she was able to go out and buy a brad new VW Tiguan with no co-signer. Have to embrace and work the system.

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +254/-768
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #446 on: March 31, 2015, 05:50:06 pm »

Because we don't live off credit and up to our necks in debt like most Canadians, we have no credit rating. Because we PAY our debts and our bills on time and owe no one anything we are punished. Bloody stupid as HELL! But that's the situation.

And so we had to get credit cards and were told to use them at least once a month as it'll help build a credit rating.

Bloody stupid world we live in eh? If we live below our means and frugally, buying only what we can actually afford it's considered a BAD thing!  Pathetic.   :(

We have to get credit cards that we don't want or need to purposely get into debt and then out of again to prove we are "responsible".  ???

Now IF we DID get the mortgage on what we've discussed so far on the house we want, it'd be only $280 a month which is a fraction of what we pay for rent which we have NEVER skipped on yet they are worried we can't afford it??? WTF?? And upping that payment to double apparently won't help us as it would actually HURT our chances of getting it!

Sorry but that's just the way it is. And no, you don't have to have debt to have a poor credit rating. You can still live frugally and use credit cards.

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
« Reply #447 on: March 31, 2015, 06:05:56 pm »

Do you have a credit union close?
The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution.

Offline Patrick_D1

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: March 31, 2015, 07:20:07 pm »

I can see how that's frustrating. I got a credit card at a young age and simply treat it like cash. In fact, I now put almost every single expense (including some bills) through my credit card to rack up points. I then pay the card off 3-4 times a month. I'm glad someone told me, because I now have a credit score well into the 800s.

Offline mmret

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +240/-570
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: April 03, 2015, 12:52:23 pm »
.......>:(
You can't just have your characters announce how they feel.
That makes me feel angry!

Present: 15.5 V60 T6 + Polestar, 17 MDX
Sometimes Borrow: 11 GLK350
Dark and Twisted Past: 13 TL AWD, 07 Z4 3.0si, 07 CLK550, 06 TSX, 07 Civic, 01 Grandma!

Online tortoise

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +235/-453
    • View Profile
« Reply #450 on: April 03, 2015, 02:52:34 pm »
This happened on the way to Vermont.  No idea what's wrong.

Only the slow and dim know where they're going in life, and seldom is it worth the trip. - Tom Robbins.

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: April 03, 2015, 03:07:06 pm »

Grrrrr. One house in our area was real bad and in the winter we would have to walk around on the street to get by. They were even ticketed but it continued. Eventually they got the message after all the scratches on the trunk lid  :)

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: April 03, 2015, 03:07:50 pm »
This happened on the way to Vermont.  No idea what's wrong.

Rut Ro?

Online tortoise

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: April 03, 2015, 03:21:52 pm »
Yeah. Middle of nowhere Quebec. In-laws picked up the wife and kids and I'm in Cowanville at the Mazda dealership.

Engine just quit.  It'll turn over just fine but won't idle and hitting the gas does nothing.  It's exactly what you would expect to happen if the immobilizer system crapped the bed.

Offline Patrick_D1

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: April 03, 2015, 03:23:45 pm »
Came home from an outing with my wife to find a very sad looking doggy in his crate, essentially surrounded by puke and poo. This continued after we let him out and bathed him. Poor guy must have eaten something on our walk this morning without my noticing. Seems to be doing better now, but in the seven months we've had him I've never seen him look so sad.

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #455 on: April 03, 2015, 03:25:39 pm »

Grrrrr. One house in our area was real bad and in the winter we would have to walk around on the street to get by. They were even ticketed but it continued. Eventually they got the message after all the scratches on the trunk lid  :)
How would the car get scratches on the trunk?

Online tortoise

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: April 03, 2015, 04:17:06 pm »
No codes thrown. They have no idea what's wrong with it.  Rental car is on its way from a half hour away.

They're closed until Tuesday so I'm going to call Tuesday morning and see what's up.

Happy F'N Easter everyone.

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: April 03, 2015, 04:26:57 pm »

How would the car get scratches on the trunk?

I have no idea. We are all very happy a retired Asian couple moved in last year and the punks living with dad left  :)

Offline Brig

• Brig
  • Carma: +396/-1400
  • Class Clown, Moderatrix and Resident Hag
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Mazda CX-3 GS AWD
« Reply #458 on: April 03, 2015, 06:44:26 pm »
Came home from an outing with my wife to find a very sad looking doggy in his crate, essentially surrounded by puke and poo. This continued after we let him out and bathed him. Poor guy must have eaten something on our walk this morning without my noticing. Seems to be doing better now, but in the seven months we've had him I've never seen him look so sad.

My pup (many years ago) used to eat all kinds of things on our walks.  We woke up in the middle of the night in one instance, to find that she had a bout of diarrhea during the night.  The trail of poop on the carpet around the bed led us to understand that she had tried to wake us, on each side of the bed, to no avail.  It wasn't her fault, obviously.  The carpet was torn up the next day.  The smell was horrible.  :-X She was fine after that. 

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #459 on: April 03, 2015, 07:31:03 pm »
No codes thrown. They have no idea what's wrong with it.  Rental car is on its way from a half hour away.

They're closed until Tuesday so I'm going to call Tuesday morning and see what's up.

Happy F'N Easter everyone.

Thats sucks.  Very similar to my old Mazda.  (2010 Mazda5 GT Pearl White)  I have used a tow truck once.  Alternator went on my 89 Grand Prix.  I have run out of gas twice.  But other than that, been lucky, no stalling, was able to jump start a low battery.  No complete flats, just leaks.  All this wasted money on CAA!  Geez!